If you could do only one thing to improve the team for next season

Don Otreply

5 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

Wait….I’m all for adding some playmakers cheap, but will we just keep him on the PS until he’s poached? 

Player development has been a question mark under McD, lol

Later round possibility perhaps

Edited by Figster

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Need to put an adult in the room on offense that forces QB1 to take chain moving completions situationally….  

that will help:

- the o line

- the running game

- the deep shots

- the defense 

17 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Yeah it was

Go watch Kurt Warner break down that game.

it’s exactly what I’m talking about

So your original post was about the Cincy game? You dont mention them or even the playoffs in your post. Reads far more like a general statement of what is needed next year. Makes no sense for your #1 move to be based on a single game, you don't believe that's an over reaction?

Especially when the team has improved year in and year out on your supposed big fix. 4th in 3rd down percentage in 2020, 2nd in 2021 and 1st in 2022. But that's what you're going to concentrate on? I'll thank God before bed tonight that you're not running this team. Many more important things to work on, than an area we were the best in the league at, aside from the 1 game. 42% for the Cincy game, while not their best outing, doesn't put it near the top of fixes needed. That's foolish to think that.

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS
  • Vomit 1

13 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

So your original post was about the Cincy game? You dont mention them or even the playoffs in your post. Reads far more like a general statement of what is needed next year. Makes no sense for your #1 move to be based on a single game, you don't believe that's an over reaction?

Especially when the team has improved year in and year out on your supposed big fix. 4th in 3rd down percentage in 2020, 2nd in 2021 and 1st in 2022. But that's what you're going to concentrate on? I'll thank God before bed tonight that you're not running this team. Many more important things to work on, than an area we were the best in the league at, aside from the 1 game. 42% for the Cincy game, while not their best outing, doesn't put it near the top of fixes needed. That's foolish to think that.

It’s foolish to think 59% completions in the playoffs is going to get the job done, —> low percentage hero ball. 

you can plug your ears, reference loosely correlated stats and scream “are not” all you wish. 

Doesn’t change what is an obvious problem… 

what kind of loser prays about football management anyway? That’s embarrassing 

1 hour ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Isn't a part of this a better mesh between the GM and the HC/OC. 

If Dorsey and Allen are aggressive, that's okay, if Beane can get the correct type of WRs on this roster. 

There has been a lot of Allen needs to take the check downs that are available, but what if the other way is explored? 

Get more explosive WRs so that you can run an offense that makes the other team defend every blade of grass. 

We can't do that right now because past Diggs, every other WR we have has a limited skill set. Gabe runs two routes and is 4.54 on a good day, Isaiah McKenzie is not reliable and gets lost because of his size, Beasley is 34 years old and hovers around 9-10 ypc now, Shakir was a rookie so McDermott is still understanding who he is as a person (he said this in a press conference about Kaiir Elam late in the season), and there is nothing after that worth talking about. 

Diggs has just enough deep speed to enable the bomb, but he's more a route tactician. 

What if the Bills drafted for speed, a Jalin Hyatt in Round 1, Zay Flowers, making a trade to get more vertical speed on the roster? 

I think Dorsey would look better with a consistent slot WR, and Gabe moving back to the #4 role in the offense. It's a big ask, but I don't think a Frank Reich suddenly makes Gabe Davis stop on a dime better. 

We spent this past season “exploring” the other way for the most part, it didn’t work, the teams and QBs that win championship do it with a mix of pass distances, running the ball and keeping the defense honest as the saying goes, 

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

It’s foolish to think 59% completions in the playoffs is going to get the job done, —> low percentage hero ball. 

you can plug your ears, reference loosely correlated stats and scream “are not” all you wish. 

Doesn’t change what is an obvious problem… 

what kind of loser prays about football management anyway? That’s embarrassing 

I'm just thanking God that the loser isn't in charge of the team, there's no harm in that. The most embarrassing thing is basing everything on a game or 2. The 6th best QB Rating in playoffs EVER. Sitting on an island all by your lonesome, like always.

Again don't get me wrong, there's room for improvement, but no where near the top of the problems that need to be addressed with this team. Your biggest problem always seems to be with by far the best player on this team. A team that would be nothing without him. 5 wins maybe if you replaced just him for an average player at his position. 

I had fun reading a conversation in a different thread last night about one Ben Roethlisberger and the beatings he took trying to buy time to hit big plays down the field. Seems as though I was having this discussion just a month or so ago with someone who insisted that never happened. Wrong then, wrong now, always wrong. 

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

I'm just thanking God that the loser isn't in charge of the team, there's no harm in that. The most embarrassing thing is basing everything on a game or 2. The 6th best QB Rating in playoffs EVER. Sitting on an island all by your lonesome, like always.

Again don't get me wrong, there's room for improvement, but no where near the top of the problems that need to be addressed with this team. Your biggest problem always seems to be with by far the best player on this team. A team that would be nothing without him. 5 wins maybe if you replaced just him for an average player at his position. 

I had fun reading a conversation in a different thread last night about one Ben Roethlisberger and the beatings he took trying to buy time to hit big plays down the field. Seems as though I was having this discussion just a month or so ago with someone who insisted that never happened. Wrong then, wrong now, always wrong. 

stick your fingers in your ears and scream all you want then reference a stat that validates the point 😂

That amazing passer rating you speak of in the playoffs, how did this post season contribute to that? 

what was different about the post seasons that did?

Go watch both post season games and then circle back. Maybe you will pick up on what Kurt Warner among other saw… oh and Allen in his own wrap up presser. 🤔 

btw- it appears your position on the one thing you’d improve for next season (the thread) is argue everything is perfect? Oh good

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Vomit 1

6 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Question for ya, do Donuts and Doritos actually work together? 

Watching Bills w/ my kids, 1 was eating Doritos, the other Donuts. I thought it was odd but funny. & as it turns out they actually do make Doritos Donuts (I've never had them)

https://www.thrillist.com/eat/an-easy-recipe-for-late-night-donuts

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/779333910495365614/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

8 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

If you could do only one thing to improve the team for next season what would it be? 

Oh and none of the fire so and so stuff, 

Me, I would dump a lot of resources into improving the O-line, could be wrong, but I think that would cure a whole bunch of issues, combined that with a more mature offensive scheme, and we are on our way, 

what y’all got? 

I would dump EVERY resource into the OL and see where and how it shook out.

Could a veteran do as well as Edmunds for 30% of the cost, let's find out. 

IDK, OL seems like the clear path, everything else is irrelevant until it's not if that makes sense.

Show me Josh standing in a clean pocket for 5-6 seconds and then convince me we have a weapons issue, ill be more likely to listen.

Fix the cap.  Between our cap space for the next few years and the fact that we will be drafting low every year IMO the team will need more resources to reload.

Free up enough cap space that the following year we can buy ourselves an O-lineman and a WR.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

We spent this past season “exploring” the other way for the most part, it didn’t work, the teams and QBs that win championship do it with a mix of pass distances, running the ball and keeping the defense honest as the saying goes, 

Yeah we really didn’t, don’t have the personnel to do it.

It was Diggs-Davis-Knox and there was marginal contribution from everyone else. 

2 hours ago, Southern_Bills said:

I would dump EVERY resource into the OL and see where and how it shook out.

Could a veteran do as well as Edmunds for 30% of the cost, let's find out. 

IDK, OL seems like the clear path, everything else is irrelevant until it's not if that makes sense.

Show me Josh standing in a clean pocket for 5-6 seconds and then convince me we have a weapons issue, ill be more likely to listen.

It’s not a big cost to take a Day 1 or y 2 pick and get another talented WR.

You’re not getting that in FA.

We’ve done the FA path and it’s a bunch of washed up veterans. 

11 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

If you could do only one thing to improve the team for next season what would it be? 

Me, I would dump a lot of resources into improving the O-line, could be wrong, but I think that would cure a whole bunch of issues, combined that with a more mature offensive scheme, and we are on our way, 

what y’all got? 

So you have TWO suggestions 

37 minutes ago, Herb Nightly said:

So you have TWO suggestions 

So, 😂

11 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

what y’all got? 

Probably I'm with you.

But the same answer is boring, so I would fix the slot receiver position for the foreseeable future. That's a lot of the reason our shortish pass game wasn't effective. Once Crowder was injured their plan there pretty much went to hell.

Draft someone early or bring in a medium-priced FA (good slots can be had for less than top WR money.) I'd love to get Hunter Renfrow. Josh needs a good slot as a safety blanket.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.