If you could do only one thing to improve the team for next season

Don Otreply

#1. Sign or trade for the best RT available. Shed cap on the defensive side if necessary even if it means losing talent like Edmunds or Oliver.

(If I’m allowed to do more than one thing then also fix LG maybe in the draft).

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

A better oline doesn't make Allen better than Mahomes, sorry. The rest of our roster and coaching staff is also drastically inferior. We are weaker than KC at every single role on the football field except maybe the secondary and Kicker.

Yea, but it would help a lot!

• Agree 1

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

A better oline doesn't make Allen better than Mahomes, sorry. The rest of our roster and coaching staff is also drastically inferior. We are weaker than KC at every single role on the football field except maybe the secondary and Kicker.

When healthy, we're better than them at every level on Defense (assuming Tre/Hyde/Von come back strong and we re-up Edmunds).  

Lucky for them... that doesn't matter much in the postseason.  They realize that all it takes is an average defense and one elite game-wrecker.

On offense, they have a better OL, better weapons and about 100 levels better coaching. 

Again, lucky for them, that does matter in the postseason. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

So trading for Mahomes compensates for all that?

3 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

So trading for Mahomes compensates for all that?

We already had our chance at Mahomes, JA can win us a SB. 

8 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Need to put an adult in the room on offense that forces QB1 to take chain moving completions situationally….  

that will help:

- the o line

- the running game

- the deep shots

- the defense 

Agreed but that seems to not be happening, seems like McDermott and staff are happy with their season. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

If you could do only one thing to improve the team for next season what would it be? 

Oh and none of the fire so and so stuff, 

Me, I would dump a lot of resources into improving the O-line, could be wrong, but I think that would cure a whole bunch of issues, combined that with a more mature offensive scheme, and we are on our way, 

what y’all got? 

Dump our coordinators and get a DC who plays a better style and an OC who actually is creative, uses their personnel to their strengths, and understands how to scheme guys open like KC and Philly.  

Fire, yes fire the strength and conditioning team.

The Bills had far too many injuries this year and that's unacceptable. Not only that, but they looked tired from the bye week on.

Better diet, better stretching, better workouts (why all the ankle injuries this year ?)= healthier team... Other than that, I'm just a fan, what the hell do I know.

• Haha (+1) 1

I am usually wrong about draft projections (I wanted the other Josh, originally), but I did want Mahomes in '17. Now? WR2 and the OL. Upgrade the D-Line, as well. Tired of giving up huge chunks on the ground in key spots every year with all the great defensive minds on staff.

16 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

And yet we beat KC at KC this year and going into the MNF game against Cinncy had the #1 seed and the tiebreaker before the season dramatically changed. Yes KC is good but some act like the divide is as wide as the Grand Canyon.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

And yet we beat KC at KC this year and going into the MNF game against Cinncy had the #1 seed and the tiebreaker before the season dramatically changed. Yes KC is good but some act like the divide is as wide as the Grand Canyon.

Oh, was that in October?

@ me when the games matter.

10 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Explain to all of us like we're five how Mahomes being on this team gets Knox constantly wide open and allows the offense to routinely create 3 yard throws that turn into 6 points. 

See, the team that wins a football game is the team that scores the most points at the end. Patrick Mahomes is a very gifted athlete that has the capability to make any throw on the field and do so perfectly. What's more, he's also an incredibly intelligent player that knows how to exploit a defense and isn't afraid to throw underneath routes in order to put together a drive.

Hes' a god of football.

• Vomit 1

29 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

We already had our chance at Mahomes, JA can win us a SB. 

Agreed but that seems to not be happening, seems like McDermott and staff are happy with their season. 

Maybe Doresy can be that adult…. But I agree I’m outta patience. 

Andrew Luck retired after his seventh season… Cam Newton fell off a cliff at age 28

I guess I didn't think re-working the entire OLine was just one thing, but I think this team needs another elite traits WR on this team by the start of next year. 

We pick 27th overall. Are all of the following going to be gone by 27?

Jaxson Smith-Ngijba

Zay Flowers

Quienton Johnson

Jordan Addison

Jalin Hyatt

Josh Downs

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.