If you could do only one thing to improve the team for next season

Don Otreply

2 minutes ago, McBean said:

It’s breaking the rules but you fire the entire coaching staff, hand Brandon Beane the true power/keys to manage and assemble a Super Bowl staff/roster.

Everything else is just temporary fix to a permanent problem..(McD)

I’m the only one around here that gets to break rules buddy,

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

If you could do only one thing to improve the team for next season what would it be? 

Oh and none of the fire so and so stuff, 

Me, I would dump a lot of resources into improving the O-line, could be wrong, but I think that would cure a whole bunch of issues, combined that with a more mature offensive scheme, and we are on our way, 

what y’all got? 

Trade for Patrick Mahomes.

Short of that, there's no one thing you could do. More than 5 things.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Vomit 1

I appreciate the effort towards a good culture but I would like to see us get some bad-asses, in particular on the offensive line. All excuses aside, we were just plain soft in the most important game of the year. Get some guys with a kick-butt attitude, not people that their priority is dancing each week.

Not exactly one thing, but....

Let Edmunds walk.  Let Poyer walk.  Trade Oliver. 

Take every single dollar we free up by letting Poyer/Edmunds walk and trading away Oliver's cap hit, and put it into the Offense in Free Agency.  Two above average OL and a WR2 potential player like Meyers, Chark etc..

First Round, BPA on Offense (OL or WR)

Then draft cost-controlled replacements for Edmunds and Poyer on Day 2/Day 3. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2

Every team has players who they can upgrade, but IMO, this season saw major shortcomings in our offensive scheme. The second half of the Packers game going forward seemed like our offensive identity started to change. Early in the season the ball was coming out quickly and efficiently and this was working really well. As the season progressed play creativity became stale and the Bills were trying to hit on 5+ deep balls per game. While deep balls are exciting, the % of successfully hitting on them is low. The Bills have to incorporate a screen game this offseason, utilize the easy layup of 5 yards to move the chains and reduce everything having to go thru Josh. Sure the deep ball should still be a weapon but not to the extent we saw down the stretch.  If Josh is not throwing for 300 yds plus 50 yards rushing, we struggle offensively. That can’t be the case against good teams. We need better balance and Dorsey offensive scheme HAS to evolve and adapt more quickly in game and during the season. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

OL and a WR-2 opposite Diggs. If they can improve those two things, then it will help greatly.

I mean Hodgins would probably have been a nice element to the offense but we let him go for John brown and Cole Beasley people we already deemed unnecessary. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

OL for me. Use a mix of pics and what little FA$ will be available.

Let all of the FA OL walk.

Move Bates back to LG. He was better there. He and Dawkins do well on combo blocks, and he pulls to the right well.

FA Sign 1 Above Replacement level FA at RG/ RT - Instead of 3-4 middling OL FA, try to land one guy on a 2-4 year contract who can be an immediate upgrade at RG or RT.

Draft 2-3 high to mid tier OL in the draft.

I have no problem drafting a WR/ CB/ Stud S in the 1st unless some stud OL falls to them (Best Center in the draft is usually available in the 25-32 range)

If that happens, then at least 2 picks in rounds 2-4 should be on best OL possible. Even if an OL is drafted in round 1, double down again in the first 4 rounds.

If an immediate starter/ improvement becomes available during the draft trade a pick for him.

The FA should be a day 1 starter and improve on RG or RT.

The 1st or 2nd round guy should be a day 1 starter.

This means potentially two of last year's starters are depth now (Brown/ Bates etc)

Don't like Brown as a starter, would be an excellent depth OT.

I am an original Ryan Bates fan boy. He struggled at RG. I think LG is his natural fit. But if 2 top OGs can be brought in he is excellent depth at G/C.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Draft JSN, Josh Downs or Zay Flowers...whoever is available when we pick at 27 in that order.

If Bijan Robinson is available tho, I think you might have to take him. Yeah it's an RB but he is almost a sure fire elite player. Comparison is Saquon Barkley.  And we need elite players. I don't know how you pass that up at 27.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, Toledo Bill said:

I appreciate the effort towards a good culture but I would like to see us get some bad-asses, in particular on the offensive line. All excuses aside, we were just plain soft in the most important game of the year. Get some guys with a kick-butt attitude, not people that their priority is dancing each week.

What happen to Wyatt Teller I heard he was nasty as they come? 

13 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Wait didn’t we already trade him away essentially?

14 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Mahomes got eaten alive by the Bucs defense in the SB a few years ago. They responded by beefing up their O-line, and it showed last night.

I agree with the OP - improve the O-line and the rest falls into place.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, WhoTom said:

Mahomes got eaten alive by the Bucs defense in the SB a few years ago. They responded by beefing up their O-line, and it showed last night.

I agree with the OP - improve the O-line and the rest falls into place.

A better oline doesn't make Allen better than Mahomes, sorry. The rest of our roster and coaching staff is also drastically inferior. We are weaker than KC at every single role on the football field except maybe the secondary and Kicker.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.