No trade Mock Drafts

RyanC883

On 2/14/2023 at 12:55 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

Right now there are 10 running backs who ran for over 800 yards in 2022 scheduled to hit UFA.............plus another in Joe Mixon will join them when he's likely cut.

Probably the most loaded UFA class at one position since the advent of UFA.

Bills probably won't be shopping in the top 10-12.........but the next 10-12 producers are all worthy of splitting carries with James Cook and should be $3M cap hit types.    

If you get a Kareem Hunt or Raheem Mostert in late March after the first wave is over........are you still drafting Bijan?

I am because bijan is just that kind of talent

Give me a team that can totally take the pressure off of Josh Allen literally give me a team did Josh Allen is not under center and can still win games that way when he is under center we are that much stronger

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

O'Cyrus Torrence

OG Florida

Dawand Jones

OT OSU

Jack Campbell

LB Iowa

Charlie Jones

WR Purdue

DeMarcco Hellams

S Alabama

Daniel Scott

S California

You'd have to change the kind of blocking scheme we have been employing for Torrence to be a system fit.

1 hour ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I will 1 up that. 

What is the point of a Mock Draft before a combine knowing Combine changes so much?

Mocks before FA should take into account potential FA acquisitions or re-signing of players (at least it should) based on known FA'S available CAP space (projections), potential contracts/Re-structures and best guess scenarios.

Personally,  I don't watch college ball until Bowl games, so I don't know the players. I like it when people name players, then I go watch film, highlights and read up on them. "Eye test" if you will. Do some Mocks to see where people think draftees currently project. Then the combine gives some facts/measuarbles to add to the information I have already gleaned. Then more reading and information compiled between combine and draft for several more mocks.😁

Posting a Mock Draft on a message board generates conversation and shares opinions. Isn't that the whole meaning of being on TBD?🤔

9 hours ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Mocks before FA should take into account potential FA acquisitions or re-signing of players (at least it should) based on known FA'S available CAP space (projections), potential contracts/Re-structures and best guess scenarios.

Personally,  I don't watch college ball until Bowl games, so I don't know the players. I like it when people name players, then I go watch film, highlights and read up on them. "Eye test" if you will. Do some Mocks to see where people think draftees currently project. Then the combine gives some facts/measuarbles to add to the information I have already gleaned. Then more reading and information compiled between combine and draft for several more mocks.😁

Posting a Mock Draft on a message board generates conversation and shares opinions. Isn't that the whole meaning of being on TBD?🤔

so you need names? 

Here ya go...

https://walterfootball.com/draft2023DE.php

These mocks will change 2 times. Combine and pro-days.  learn a lot about them by watching these. or just real the link... but mocks? right now? heck no. useless

30 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

so you need names? 

Here ya go...

https://walterfootball.com/draft2023DE.php

These mocks will change 2 times. Combine and pro-days.  learn a lot about them by watching these. or just real the link... but mocks? right now? heck no. useless

They will probably change more than 2 times even after the combine. Heck, mine has changed more than twice in the last hour.

You don't like mocks, that's fine. You think they are useless, OK.  Some of us do enjoy doing them, sharing thoughts, opinions and discussing them. Nobody if forcing you to look at them or asking you to respond. You can always go to the We Traded Mahomes thread or Brady Retires or a hundred other ones that have nothing to do with the Bills. We all have choices.

14 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

They will probably change more than 2 times even after the combine. Heck, mine has changed more than twice in the last hour.

You don't like mocks, that's fine. You think they are useless, OK.  Some of us do enjoy doing them, sharing thoughts, opinions and discussing them. Nobody if forcing you to look at them or asking you to respond. You can always go to the We Traded Mahomes thread or Brady Retires or a hundred other ones that have nothing to do with the Bills. We all have choices.

And replies like this is why these forums have turned so vile. I was just making a point to another reply. Go back and read.

replies like this is why these forums are such poison right now.

Love mocks.  It's good fun.

Great entertainment, and fun learning about the draft class.  You know the bigger stars, especially from the top 15 programs but finding hidden gems etc is fun and it makes watching the combine and draft that much more interesting.

I really only come to this forum in the OFFSEASON to talk football with the best fans in the league.

• Like (+1) 3

On 1/27/2023 at 4:10 PM, RyanC883 said:

Post em' here.  I'll start: 

Michael Mayer

TE Notre Dame

(BPA, 2 TE sets will be crazy.  Great catcher, great blocker.).  

Jarrett Patterson

OG Notre Dame

(best C in draft.  Can also play G.) 

Israel Abanikanda

RB Pittsburgh

(need another RB, perhaps too similar to Cook?)  

Wanya Morris

OT Oklahoma

(OT is a need, got a strong one here) 

Keeanu Benton

DT Wisconsin

(I know nothing about him.  Needed a DT, and was BPA based on the Pro Football Network simulator) 

Garrett Williams

CB Syracuse

(very athletic CB.  Ball hawking, run-supporting).  

another TE would be great but this team doesn't like elite TEs.

we do not need to draft a RB.

if we sign our DTs back we should draft a legit pass rushing  talent.

Elite WR or OL should be our first pick.

9 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

And replies like this is why these forums have turned so vile. I was just making a point to another reply. Go back and read.

replies like this is why these forums are such poison right now.

I did read your post, hence the original reply.

You asked a question and I answered it with what I thought was a very reasonable response. The same question gets asked every offseason to those of us that enjoy doing Mocks.

If I hurt your feelings,  I apologize as it was not my intent. But, I could also say the same about your response. You could have just given a couple of names of people you like, an opinion on the player and where you think they will fit in the draft. Instead you reply with what came across as a smarta$$ response and a link to a site most of us have probably already read before doing our Mocks.

You good? We GOOD? WE ALL GOOD. Now let's get back to the Bills and discussing football. 

Edited by LyndonvilleBill
  • Like (+1) 3

On 1/27/2023 at 4:10 PM, RyanC883 said:

Post em' here.  I'll start: 

Michael Mayer

TE Notre Dame

(BPA, 2 TE sets will be crazy.  Great catcher, great blocker.).  

Jarrett Patterson

OG Notre Dame

(best C in draft.  Can also play G.) 

Israel Abanikanda

RB Pittsburgh

(need another RB, perhaps too similar to Cook?)  

Wanya Morris

OT Oklahoma

(OT is a need, got a strong one here) 

Keeanu Benton

DT Wisconsin

(I know nothing about him.  Needed a DT, and was BPA based on the Pro Football Network simulator) 

Garrett Williams

CB Syracuse

(very athletic CB.  Ball hawking, run-supporting).  

Overall I like Mayer a lot since I have read he really is a good blocker because he gives us flexibility and allows two tight end sets which should help us run better. I say no running back until the end but definitely with the lineman early 

• Like (+1) 1

Getting in the head of McBeane here ...

1. Nolan Smith - Edge - Georgia.................... BPA. Miller is getting up in age and coming off knee surgery

2. Trenton Simpson - LB - Clemson ............. Replaces Edmunds

3. JL Skinner - S - Boise St ........................... Replaces Poyer

4. Andrew Vorhees - G - USC ....................... Battles Patterson for starting RG

5. Jarrett Patterson - G - Notre Dame .......... Battles Vorhees for starting RG, Both will start next year when Bates moves to Center

6. Keytaon Thompson - WR - Virginia .......... He's 6'5" but only a 4.7 plodder, could be a red zone target. Highest rated WR left.

Now my head hurts.

• Sad 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.