No trade Mock Drafts

RyanC883

Here is today's mock draft.  Pretty happy with it.  Looking forward to all comments.  Will need to get a FA WR, however due to how the draft fell.  

Peter Skoronski

OT Northwestern

(kind of a no brainer here.  Played really well against some of the better rushers this past year)  

Jarrett Patterson

OG Notre Dame

(can play guard, then slide to center to replace Morse.  Good player who plays till the whistle)  

DeMarvion Overshown

LB Texas

(Edmunds replacement).  Lengthy LB.  

Ronnie Hickman

S Ohio State

(seems like a good Poyer replacement or DB depth.  If @YoloinOhio comes back, he could provide more insight here.  Some other Big 10 fans may be able to also.  

Kenny McIntosh

RB Georgia

potential 3-down back this late, sign me up.  All Dawgs backfield.  

Jalen Cropper

WR Fresno State

(seems like a slot WR with some ability to stretch the field.  Good intermediate pass catcher if Dorsey can figure out calling those plays.  I'd bring back Beasley and let him learn from him.  Again, would need a legit #1/2 in FA opposite Diggs.  

In this draft, I'd hope we make a play for LB Bobby Wagner, to replace Tremaine Edmunds.

- Allow Poyer and Singletary to walk

The O-L gets needed attention, we get good Safety value in the 3rd, allow Cook to start but with competition from TCU's Kendre Miller.

2094591054_ScreenShot2023-02-25at12_33_50PM.thumb.png.7a20322f83687813cdb32642f886d0a5.png

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Yantha said:

In this draft, I'd hope we make a play for LB Bobby Wagner, to replace Tremaine Edmunds.

- Allow Poyer and Singletary to walk

The O-L gets needed attention, we get good Safety value in the 3rd, allow Cook to start but with competition from TCU's Kendre Miller.

2094591054_ScreenShot2023-02-25at12_33_50PM.thumb.png.7a20322f83687813cdb32642f886d0a5.png

my only issue here is the lack of a WR.  We would need one in FA, and that's fine.  Sometimes these mock drafts do not let a instant contributing WR come to you (see mine above).  

The first three rounds are great.  

18 hours ago, Bigvinny said:

27: R1 P27 OT Paris Johnson - Ohio State

59: R2 P28 C Joe Tippmann - Wisconsin

91: R3 P28 WR Cedric Tillman - Tennessee

130: R4 P28 G Henry Bainivalu - Washington

139: R5 P3 RB Kenny McIntosh - Georgia

164: R5 P28 DL D.J. Dale - Alabama

Love this draft.  Top 3 rounds are instant day 1 contributors, IMO, and you managed to get a WR, OT, and C.  (in my mind, the best C, and perhaps the best OT).  

Like McIntosh as the RB, and the other 2 I have no idea about, but another G and DL sounds good.  Only issue here is lack of LB to replace Edmunds, hopefully that is addressed in FA then.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/21/2023 at 7:59 PM, frostbitmic said:

Getting in the head of McBeane here ...

1. Nolan Smith - Edge - Georgia.................... BPA. Miller is getting up in age and coming off knee surgery

2. Trenton Simpson - LB - Clemson ............. Replaces Edmunds

3. JL Skinner - S - Boise St ........................... Replaces Poyer

4. Andrew Vorhees - G - USC ....................... Battles Patterson for starting RG

5. Jarrett Patterson - G - Notre Dame .......... Battles Vorhees for starting RG, Both will start next year when Bates moves to Center

6. Keytaon Thompson - WR - Virginia .......... He's 6'5" but only a 4.7 plodder, could be a red zone target. Highest rated WR left.

Now my head hurts.

i mean, not a terrible draft if this is what Bean does.  I like the Vorhees and Patterson picks, potential day 1 starters.  

Hate rounds 1 and 3, although Smith may be our best rusher outside of Mille, but I'd rather go OT.  Simpson looks like a playmaker all over, and if we get a creative DC he would be very dangerous.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

I think it will be a tough draft without any trades. I do think G and Saftey will be addressed outside of the draft and probably a few more than normal UDFA'S. 

415304903_Screenshot_20230225_103700_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.92ffda56176088de066d22c5b64f030e.jpg

I got a gut feeling about Jarrett becoming a Diggs. I like this draft but seems like most have Jones in the first 3rd of the 2nd rd. If we could move down to one to the Bears, Texans or Cards 2nd, maybe we can pick up a high 3rd and or 4th plus, who knows.

51 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

i mean, not a terrible draft if this is what Bean does.  I like the Vorhees and Patterson picks, potential day 1 starters.  

Hate rounds 1 and 3, although Smith may be our best rusher outside of Mille, but I'd rather go OT.  Simpson looks like a playmaker all over, and if we get a creative DC he would be very dangerous.  

I'm on the protect Josh first bandwagon as well. Doing this mock there were no lineman worth it in that spot, not even O'Cyrus Torrence. Linemen and WRs went fast in this draft. Smith could be VMs eventual replacement on the edge and Skinner has the size (6'4" 218) and models his game after his childhood favorite (Cam Chancellor).

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, nosejob said:

I got a gut feeling about Jarrett becoming a Diggs. I like this draft but seems like most have Jones in the first 3rd of the 2nd rd. If we could move down to one to the Bears, Texans or Cards 2nd, maybe we can pick up a high 3rd and or 4th plus, who knows.

I agree with trading back a few spots. Just a no trade Mock and Jones is a monster that can play both RT and LT. 

Jarrett is what I am calling "Diggs Jr." 😁

• Like (+1) 1

Today's Draft.  Loaded up on offensive talent.  Could have used a safety. 

Jaxon Smith-Njigba

WR Ohio State

(BPA, and position of need.  nice).  

Jahmyr Gibbs

RB Alabama

(elite OTs likely gone, and somehow he was still here.  A very good RB that in other drafts would be the top RB).  

Luke Wypler

OC Ohio State

(fantastic center to bolster the IOL.  Unclear, however, if he can play Guard until Morse retires.).  

Jaxson Kirkland

OT Washington

(can play OT or Guard.  Gave up no sacks last year)  

Nathaniel Dell

WR Houston

(small/slot WR who can also lineup outside.  Rated by some in the top 10 WRs in the draft)

Cam Jones

LB Indiana

(lengthy 6'3" LB.  Light, but from what I read can shed some blocks.  Decent Edmunds replacement).  

• Like (+1) 2

Great draft, except for round 1 in my opinion.

I worry about Jaxon and the hamstring issues.  Will he be "Christian Watson" from the first 8 games of this season where he just could NOT stay on the field, had mental lapses, drops, running wrong routes??    Kadarius Toney also had chronic hamstring issues and it shuttled him right out of New York.

OR

Will he be the "Christian Watson" from the latter half where he finally got it together?

Personally, I don't want the Bills to gamble on that one.

On 2/25/2023 at 12:21 PM, RyanC883 said:

Here is today's mock draft.  Pretty happy with it.  Looking forward to all comments.  Will need to get a FA WR, however due to how the draft fell.  

Peter Skoronski

OT Northwestern

(kind of a no brainer here.  Played really well against some of the better rushers this past year)  

Jarrett Patterson

OG Notre Dame

(can play guard, then slide to center to replace Morse.  Good player who plays till the whistle)  

DeMarvion Overshown

LB Texas

(Edmunds replacement).  Lengthy LB.  

Ronnie Hickman

S Ohio State

(seems like a good Poyer replacement or DB depth.  If @YoloinOhio comes back, he could provide more insight here.  Some other Big 10 fans may be able to also.  

Kenny McIntosh

RB Georgia

potential 3-down back this late, sign me up.  All Dawgs backfield.  

Jalen Cropper

WR Fresno State

(seems like a slot WR with some ability to stretch the field.  Good intermediate pass catcher if Dorsey can figure out calling those plays.  I'd bring back Beasley and let him learn from him.  Again, would need a legit #1/2 in FA opposite Diggs.  

In what world is Skoronski available at 27? 

55 minutes ago, Chaos said:

My effort using PFF default settings and no trades. 

image.thumb.png.582280883cc32e6795cedcbbc378a502.png

I would rather traded down than Take Harrison with 27. 

Been spending some time looking at Iosivas. Obviously the competition level is an issue, but he catches everything, has excellent size, and has a track background. I’m guessing he is pretty smart too. 

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Been spending some time looking at Iosivas. Obviously the competition level is an issue, but he catches everything, has excellent size, and has a track background. I’m guessing he is pretty smart too. 

6 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

There are several WRs that are projected to be around after the third round that seem interesting. 

• Like (+1) 1

With no trades - PFF grades added

R1: 27  Calijah Kancey DL Pitt - 1st team All- ACC '21, 1st team All-American '22, ACC Defensive player of the year '22  27.5 TFL, 14.5 sacks from IDL over last two seasons.  Excellent speed and ability to get penetration.  Perfect rotational fit with Oliver and potential to take the spot '24.  NFL.com compares him to John Randle  A+

R2: 59  Josh Downs WR UNC - dynamic slot receiver who has excellent route runner and the ability.  Back to back 1000+ yd and 8+ TD seasons - 2nd team All- American  A

R3: 91  Sydney Brown S Illinois - fast 3 down Safety who is rarely beaten due to his quick diagnosis of plays.  6 Ints and 7 PDs last season   A+

R4: 130  Karl Brooks DL BGSU - recorded 50 tackles, 10 sacks, 18 TFL and 12 QB hits last season.  Powerful player at 6'4 300 - showed out at SR Bowl  A

R5: 139  Chandler Zavala G NC State - 17 games 17 starts, 1st team All-ACC, intelligent player with great size and strength.  Excellent run blocker - solid pass blocker.  Played very well at the Shrine Bowl  C+

R6: 205  Luke Schoonmaker - TE Michigan - excellent blocker who is a reliable pass catcher on option plays.  Can work the seam but isn't going to light up the YAC column.   A-

Overall Grade A

With trades - added a ton of quality depth and a couple potential starters - PFF grades added 

Traded 27 for 29 and 115 with the Saints   B-

Traded 29 for 35 and 106 with the Colts   B-

Traded 35 for 38 and 109 with Raiders   B-

Took Josh Downs WR UNC with 38th - dynamic slot receiver who has excellent route runner and the ability.  Back to back 1000+ yd and 8+ TD seasons - 2nd team All-American   B-

Took Luke Wypler C OSU with 59th - 2 year starter for OSU know as bright technician.  Can play guard and take over center from Morse.   B+

Took Sydney Brown S Illinois at 91 - fast 3 down Safety who is rarely beaten due to his quick diagnosis of plays.  6 Ints and 7 PDs last season   A+

Took DeWayne McBride HB UAB at 106 - 1713 yds, 19 TDs, 7.4 average.  Not a pass catching back but a pounder.  Great blocker and excellent after contact.  D+

Took Sam LaPorta TE Iowa at 109 - led Iowa in receiving the last two seasons. Great athlete and route runner.  Can work all areas of the field.   A+

Took Moro Ojomo DL Texas at 115 - played 5 years at Texas after enrolling at only 16yrs old.  50 games with 30 starts but still has upside. Disruptive in the run game C

Took Karl Brooks ED  BGSU at 130 - recorded 50 tackles, 10 sacks, 18 TFL and 12 QB hits last season.  Powerful player at 6'4 300 - showed out at SR Bowl  A

Took Michael Wilson WR at 139 - 6'2 209lbs with excellent ball skills and RAC ability.  Knock has been a couple of injuries that have limited his production  A-

Last pick Trey Dean III S  U of F at 205 -  6'3 210lbs - Multiple, has played corner, both safety positions and LB for UF.  Will be too eager to lay a bit hit.  A

Overall Grade A

The longer I look....  the weaker this O-line class looks.  Hoping we address the O-line heavilly in the free agency so that we don't have to rely on this draft.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a new right tackle and a new OG in free agency as INSTANT worry-free upgrades?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.