The Bills have a Tre White problem

Back2Buff

11 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

We need OL, WR, DBs, & DL. Early & often in the draft. Who we getting some picks for? Show these players that we not just making sure everyone we like has a job. They actually have to win. Right? They’re suppose to win? Diggs & Milano seemed like only 2 fighting till the end. IMO 

What draft picks do you think you are going to get for him? You'd be lucky to get a mid round pick at this point.

He's 28.  Still tread on the tires IF he comes back 100% after a full off season.

Say whatever you want. None of us knows if he can do it. If he's not at least 95% of his former self, we do have a Tre problem considering the cap.

Fingers crossed.

Bumping this up peeps.....

I disagree with the OP and would like to morph this thread into an overall assessment of the CB position on the team.

Hoping to get a full opinion (no rose coloured glasses) on the entire CB squad.

We good??

What tweaks would you make to CB.  I see this as either an FA need with a proven vet or even grab a first rounder again.....  If White turns it around, great.  If not, we have a plan.  You can never have too many good corners in the NFL.  

Yes I know....... (O-line) :)

Edited by Yantha

1 minute ago, Yantha said:

I disagree with the OP and would like to morph this thread into an overall assessment of the CB position on the team.

We good??

What tweaks would you make to CB.  I see this as either an FA need with a proven vet or even grab a first rounder again.....

I’m good with Tre and Elam as starters.  Johnson is one of the best slot guys in the league.  Jackson is a decent 4th guy.  Benford will likely move to S when Poyer leaves.  We can fill a couple other guys in for backups; Lewis is Ok there.

16 minutes ago, Yantha said:

We good??

What tweaks would you make to CB.  I see this as either an FA need with a proven vet or even grab a first rounder again.....  If White turns it around, great.  If not, we have a plan.  You can never have too many good corners in the NFL.  

As long as Elam progresses this summer, yes we good. We have a rock solid top 4.

Admittedly, I was not as aware of the (full) recovery time from ACL injuries until we went through this with White and started hearing "it takes two full years for most players" as he struggled coming back this year.

That said, I also keep hearing how we expect Von Miller to be back next year, yet nobody is really bringing up the 2-year recovery concern for Von or how he probably won't be himself at first, etc.  And why is that?  What am I missing here?  

Edited by BobBelcher

This was a tough contract to hand out considering White has never had elite man to man cover skills. He has fit the Bills zone scheme very well but McDermott has been able to get effective play from late round cb picks, cheap vet UFAs, or even undrafted players. It is a scheme that does not require top tier athletic talent. So when White‘s contract came up, I was not thrilled with deal but understood because he was a core player from first draft of this regime. It was important to show team that good players that fit the culture would get rewarded and White did. Had White not been injured, maybe the first round DB Elam is not needed and the pick is diverted to offense. But the reality is that he did get injured and his play since return is average at best and not remotely close to being worth his contract. Maybe he can get a little better with more time but White did not have elite speed or length to begin with. The issue is compounded with Millers massive contract and he tearing acl. He is now a mid 30s pass rusher and that contract looks bad in hindsight. Maybe White can move to slot as suggested with Johnson converting to safety. Bills have put themselves in a hole and Beane is going to have to have one heck of a draft to start getting some young cheap talent on this team. I’m not nearly as confident as I was a few years ago as the Beane/McDermott combo has brought as a long way but may have maxed out. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.