We're on to Cincinnati(Bengals coming to OP). Sunday 1/22 at 3pm. Opening Line Bills -5

Big Turk

55 minutes ago, Whites Bay said:

While I agree with this sentiment, I think I read he has a torn labrum (?).  Apologies for not backing that up.  I'd be shocked to see him play with any effectiveness - if at all - for the rest of the season.  Not meaning to pee on any barbecues.  But when an inbred goober like me can see him unable to lift his arm above his shoulder on tackles, it's a pretty bad injury.

48 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I think he should have been IR'd after the Patriots game. 

And really in Chicago he couldn't move the arm either and checked himself out. 

I think he tore his rotator cuff and do much. 

I've tore both my labrum and rotator cuff and the way he looks to me, I would say it's a rotator cuff. The labrum was a bad tear, ~1.5" in length, but the rotator cuff was far more painful.

With the labrum tear I could still do everything I could before I tore it, once it loosened up, but I would have this really deep ache once I quit using it. The rotator cuff hurt all the time for a month or two until it calmed down.

13 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Someone listened to “locked on bills” this morning haha.

Very interesting metric for sure

The stat was presented during week 17 too when a certain Bengals fan (not going to name names...) was stating they obviously would've won based on the first series of plays before the Hamlin injury.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I won a lot of money when Kelce scored the TD in OT last year. I had a 10 leg parlay going.   Before Hill scored the long TD I still needed Mahomes to throw 2 more TDs and Hill and Kelce to catch 1 TD each.

You are a ***** Bills fan - which I’m not sure you are 

Bengals injury report from PFT

The Bengals called right guard Alex Cappa and left tackle Jonah Williams week-to-week because of injuries heading into this week and Wednesday’s practice report brought little reason to think that either player will be ready to go against the Bills this Sunday.

Cappa and Williams both sat out the team’s first practice of the week. Cappa is dealing with an ankle injury that also kept him out against the Ravens in the Wild Card round and Williams left that 24-17 win with a dislocated kneecap.

Max Scharping played in place of Cappa and Jackson Carman took over for Williams. The Bengals are also starting Hakeem Adeniji at right tackle in place of La'el Collins.

Cornerback Tre Flowers (hamstring) and defensive tackle D.J. Reader (rest) were also out of practice. Cornerback Eli Apple (neck), defensive end Joseph Ossai (shoulder), and safety Michael Thomas (hamstring) were full participants in practice.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Superstitious Bills fan.

There are lots of superstitious Bills fans- but you are the only one I know of that bets against the Bills in the playoffs.

is superstitious in your context a euphemism for *****?

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I can’t be the only one. 

Bills Mafia always roots for the Bills.  Yes you are the only one.  If you bet against the Bills in the playoffs - you aren’t a fan 

Edited by Pete

4 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

The thing I dont like is there are a lot of times where two receivers end up close to the same spot. That makes it easier on a defense.  What I dont know is that on Dorsey or are our receivers running the wrong route?

That's a really good question.

The Bills have a lot of option routes in their offense, where the idea is that the WR and QB read the D and choose an option based upon what they see.

This works GREAT when they all see things the same way, and not so great when they don't. 

There's no question that with Emmanuel Sanders and Cole Beasley, a lot of in-game experience left the building after last season.  In fact, they may need a bit more route definition on their plays going forward.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Completely different things to me. Just like how I never draft Bills players in fantasy football.

I agree with this. Few fans know their team as well as we know the Bills. if you can separate gambling from your fanhood, it is a pretty smart way to bet.

Edited by MiltonWaddams

The amount of times I’ve already heard “the Bills don’t have good run game outside of Josh Allen” is mind boggling. I’ve never seen so many media members come to such a strong consensus on something that is so blatantly wrong.

1. Cook and Singletary are both over 5 yards per carry during this 8 game win streak.

2. Even if it was true, so what? The Bills DO have Josh Allen and he IS a big boost to an already solid ground attack. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

3 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

The amount of times I’ve already heard “the Bills don’t have good run game outside of Josh Allen” is mind boggling. I’ve never seen so many media members come to such a strong consensus on something that is so blatantly wrong.

1. Cook and Singletary are both over 5 yards per carry during this 8 game win streak.

2. Even if it was true, so what? The Bills DO have Josh Allen and he IS a big boost to an already solid ground attack. 

I think they know we have the slowest back in the league.

• Eyeroll 1

12 minutes ago, JohninMinn. said:

I think they know we have the slowest back in the league.

Yards are yards, and speed isn’t the only way to get them. A 5 yard run from someone who ran a 4.3 counts the same as a 5 yard run from some who ran a 4.6.

Edited by gobills404
  • Like (+1) 2

Listening to 1530 AM Cincy now:

1. They’re banking on Josh Allen turnovers (and the assumption that Burrow won’t have any). 

2. They summarize the Ravens game as just a great defense, and the Bills don’t have that level of defense. 

Bills should have all their “nobody is scared of them” weapons - McKenzie will be back, John Brown will be up, I think we’ll get Crowder back. 

I have heard almost endless comments at this point that the Bengals were well on their way to winning that last game before it stopped.

Huh?  Pretty much every game this past weekend had a team that started out hot, and then either ended up losing, or (in our case) almost lost.  Did people just start watching the NFL? That happens all the time in games.

Cincy's 1st drive was great, but it's not like the whole game was gonna look that way.  And our 1st drive wasn't all that bad.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1