Mental toughness - a very important characteristic

Success

We had it today. The Chargers did NOT yesterday.

Both games evolved in very similar ways. When it counted, the Bills dug in. And they really did - they stopped Miami  before the delay of game, and after.  We were all worried, but our D has some real pride.  Thompson driving for a TD there was unlikely.

I still don't know if this team is VERY tough mentally - but they are tough. They don't fold.  Miami got everything that an underdog hopes for today - and we still held.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Success said:

We had it today. The Chargers did NOT yesterday.

Both games evolved in very similar ways. When it counted, the Bills dug in. And they really did - they stopped Miami  before the delay of game, and after.  We were all worried, but our D has some real pride.  Thompson driving for a TD there was unlikely.

I still don't know if this team is VERY tough mentally - but they are tough. They don't fold.  Miami got everything that an underdog hopes for today - and we still held.

I would say this team is probably the most mentally tough team under McDermott.  With everything that has happened this year, to end up 13-3 with 3 losses by a total of 8 points and today's garbage play but still closing it out with a W...very mentally tough group.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

When it was 24-20 and we were punting the ball away, we were literally dead in the water.  Zero momentum.  Zero luck to that point.  All three units totally out of sync.  That was the gutcheck moment of the season.  They somehow pulled a Lazarus and made just enough plays to pull it out and prevent a monumental upset.  That took some cajones.  

• Like (+1) 1

The Bills better have that mental edge over LAC! How much more playoff and good regular season game win experience do the Bills have? Sure the Bills avoided a disaster collapse today against THAT Miami team. Believe me, nobody in LA is surprised the Chargers lost it. But at least look at who they lost it to compared to who the Bills ALMOST lost it too. Chargers beat the Dolphins by 24, and the Bills lose to Jacksonville by 17, with all things being equal this weekend. 

Josh looked really rattled at times which is not encouraging. At one point Romo said how Josh was starting to look calm and that makes him dangerous. Hopefully that’s the Josh we see from here on out. I hope I’m wrong her but maybe the Bills have nothing left in the tank after a brutal off season and season. 🤷‍♂️

12 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

McDermott tried his very best to ***** things up for the Bills. Good thing he wasn't successful. 

You must be sad then 

Edited by AlfaBill

Miami's front 7, and their blitz packages, were giving our OL fits. They really do have a good defense. Division games are ways tough because of the familiarity, Regular season or Playoffs. Survive and advance. That we did. This team has shown their fortitude all year long. The one score games tell the story, the way they have handled the various forms of adversity this year, and putting together an 8 game win streak through it all. They are most definitely mentally tough. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.