Neutral site selected - Atlanta

BillsIsrael

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Don't forget @DrDawkinstein and @Augie !!!

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

@Augie and @Royale with Cheeseare happy to open up their homes. 

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Actually, I hear @Royale with Cheese is a land Barron with a very accommodating estate. 

LETS GOOOOOOO

Work went right out the window today. Been on the phone with Falcons ticket office, and every Bills STH I know or am loosely acquainted with back home.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, boyst said:

I already have dibs on his bed. 

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Indy was booked and Cincinnati and Chicago are outdoors (with Cincinnati being one of the teams potentially involved). It seems the dome/weather was a priority for the decision makers.

Yes, part of the decision-making process is that this is an opportunity for a grand experiment... neutral sites for the conference championship games, so weather, controlled playing environements, hotels, etc are the major considerations. 

28 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Whats wrong with Atlanta ?

Hey Georgia Boy!

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

Why Atlanta which is so far away from both cities?

Why not Indy, Cincy or even Chicago?

Doesn't seem to me like the NFL took fans travel time and costs into consideration here.

It's a 90min flight from each city, and usually pretty cheap because Atlanta is such a hub airport (busiest in the world!).

Way easier for everyone to get to than Indy or Cincy. Plus, Cincy and Chicago are open stadiums.

Atlanta is the most cost effective and easiest travel out of all options due to the airport.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

It's a 90min flight from each city, and usually pretty cheap because Atlanta is such a hub airport (busiest in the world!).

Way easier for everyone to get to than Indy or Cincy. Plus, Cincy and Chicago are open stadiums.

Atlanta is the most cost effective and easiest travel out of all options due to the airport.

assume you'll be going? i need to find a way with my finances to go.

Just now, boyst said:

assume you'll be going? i need to find a way with my finances to go.

If I survive the tailgate to make it in, yes. We've been half expecting this and already tentatively planning the tailgate.

Trying to get my hooks in to see if I can get like 50 tickets from the Bills, lol.

1 minute ago, Captain Caveman said:

Looks like a nice place, I'm in another Hyatt downtown, they both look walkable from the Stadium.

They are. The other Hyatt downtown is the true Hyatt (as opposed to the smaller Hyatt Place). Downtown Hyatt hosts all the big conferences (DragonCon, etc).

Amtrak takes you from Buffalo to Atlanta in 23 hours for $175 meals included (Fully refundable). You can drink the entire trip!! You can take the train with literally hundreds of your Buffalonians. You can fly back. I've taken Amtrak to Charlotte many times... It's a great trip. Note this is coach.. If you want a sleeper, it's about $1100..  

1 minute ago, Jerry Jabber said:

Haven’t seen tickets available for the AFC championship game in Atlanta yet. Wonder when they’ll go on sale?

Bills STHer's, specifically ones who already pre-paid for playoff tickets, get first priority, according to my rep.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.