Hyde and Crowder practicing! 21-Day practice windows opened *UPDATE* Hyde out WC and Divisional

Process

18 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

People are forgetting how this offense was humming when Crowder was healthy. If he is back on the field, we could be looking at some early-season type games. He is a huge upgrade in the slot over the other options. 

6 receptions for 60 yards, 0 TD's  Couldn't find snap counts for him, but don't recall him playing all that much. 

While I agree the offense was humming find it hard to believe it was due to Crowder.

If Crowder comes back wonder if they will they dump Beasley?

Will be interesting to see this Sunday which WR's are active, Brown, or Beasley or both.  Both would likely mean someone else sits though eather at WR or some other position.

• Agree 3

25 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

6 receptions for 60 yards, 0 TD's  Couldn't find snap counts for him, but don't recall him playing all that much. 

While I agree the offense was humming find it hard to believe it was due to Crowder.

Will be interesting to see this Sunday which WR's are active, Brown, or Beasley or both.  Both would likely mean someone else sits though eather at WR or some other position.

According to lineups.com Crowder played 18 snaps(31%], 19(28%, 45(49%}, and 11(17%} in his four games this season. 

59 minutes ago, Beast said:

Why would you even bother letting him practice if it is unlikely he will return? If the Bills stack wins you will see Hyde at some point.

I think/hope he comes back next week. We need all hands on deck against the Bengals. We we're not going to beat the Bengals with a 3rd string safety, no Taron Johnson and Tre at 70-80%. No one expects Tre too be back at 100% this season, but maybe when we meet the Bengals again (3 weeks from last time), Tre will be at 75-85%.

Plus Taron, and hopefully Hyde.

Also can't forget Benford

I feel a lot better today than I did yesterday.

15 minutes ago, Allen2Moulds said:

I think/hope he comes back next week. We need all hands on deck against the Bengals. We we're not going to beat the Bengals with a 3rd string safety, no Taron Johnson and Tre at 70-80%. No one expects Tre too be back at 100% this season, but maybe when we meet the Bengals again (3 weeks from last time), Tre will be at 75-85%.

Plus Taron, and hopefully Hyde.

Also can't forget Benford

I feel a lot better today than I did yesterday.

Taron Johnson played against the Pats, and played well. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I recall Crowder really running good routes and making some key catches (in addition to being really solid as a PR).  But maybe I am dreaming, because I would have assumed that his production was more than 6/60 yards.  😁

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beast said:

Why would you even bother letting him practice if it is unlikely he will return? If the Bills stack wins you will see Hyde at some point.

I think he’d play in the Super Bowl for sure and maybe the afc championship assuming we make it. 4 months post surgery seems like the point where you get into ‘if it’s a big game he’s healthy enough to play’ territory with a herniated disc.  

that year jj watt pushed it with a herniated disc in his back he came back in two months which is certainly too soon.  

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

6 hours ago, Billz4ever said:

I recall he's been working out, but there's just nothing quite like playing in games.  Make no mistake, I would love to see him back, but I just don't want to be seeing a whole bunch of disappointed folks if he doesn't.

I couldn’t figure out why you are so concerned about people being disappointed - I mean every thread on here is littered with disappointed people, no matter the topic. But then I saw your join date and it began to make sense. Once you’re around here a while, you’ll realize you have no power to temper people’s expectations. Being over the top excited or disappointed is our job here! 🤣

• Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I recall Crowder really running good routes and making some key catches (in addition to being really solid as a PR).  But maybe I am dreaming, because I would have assumed that his production was more than 6/60 yards.  😁

He had key first down catches / on 3rd down against rams and in another game

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

I couldn’t figure out why you are so concerned about people being disappointed - I mean every thread on here is littered with disappointed people, no matter the topic. But then I saw your join date and it began to make sense. Once you’re around here a while, you’ll realize you have no power to temper people’s expectations. Being over the top excited or disappointed is our job here! 🤣

Now it all makes perfect sense 😂

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Beast said:

The real question is how many wins does it take.

Crowder seems like good odds for next week, already in non-contact. Is Hyde a Superbowl or bust choice? can he in the division round?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.