Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

They’d have to trade Gabe Davis. There’s just no room unless they bench the 1st rounder they just traded up for.

Why? You never heard of a two TE formation?  How many did we have to run on the field in Miami last year? Things happen, have plans change. I’d bet you have complained about half time adjustments.. 

why do they have to eliminate a player?

Just now, TOboy said:

Nope. They actually don’t have to. 

In fact Gabe was more effective coming on and off the field in 2021. 

Ugh. Who’s coming off the field if the trade for Hopkins?

I guess Davis, Knox, and Kincaid rotate around? Explain it to me.

2 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

And how exactly does Kincaid taking snaps out of the Slot effect Stefon Diggs, DeAndre Hopkins, and Gabe Davis on the Outside? Why can't Gabe Davis be the 3rd Outside WR? 

Seems like you just want Davis off the team.

How? Davis is depth in your world?

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

All of the above, it’s pretty simple. You give teams different looks. They can go 4 wide, they can use 2 TE’s, they can flex Kincaid as a big slot. There are plenty of different personnel groups they can utilize. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Kincaid will eat those slot snaps. Digs and Davis outside. Knox at TE.

No room for Hopkins. There’s room for depth. They could draft 1 to develop.

Davis is the depth. He isn't starter quality.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

You know Stefon Diggs and DeAndre Hopkins can't be on the field every single play, right? And there are these things called injuries that happen sometimes. 

One of the biggest problems we had last season is we didn't have any depth behind Diggs and Davis. When Davis got dinged up, we we're trotting out Jake frickin' Kumerow. 

The harshest critics of Davis state he was a failure when he was our #2 last year and that we need an upgrade there. Some of them flat out want him gone. I think returning him to the #3 role in which he flourished is what's best for him.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I think it’s unlikely now but neither diggs nor Davis play 100% of snaps. 3 guys splitting 2 roles isn’t crazy when fully healthy yet alone once there are tweaked ankles or hamstrings. 

that said, given our crowded room I’m not sure it’s great value unless you are 100% all in on this year at all costs and sort the rest out later. Which I’m not opposed to. 

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

I think it’s unlikely now but neither diggs nor Davis play 100% of snaps. 3 guys splitting 2 roles isn’t crazy when fully healthy yet alone once there are tweaked ankles or hamstrings. 

that said, given our crowded room I’m not sure it’s great value unless you are 100% all in on this year at all costs and sort the rest out later. Which I’m not opposed to. 

I think they still draft a WR. There’s players they can develop behind Diggs and Davis. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I think they still draft a WR. There’s players they can develop behind Diggs and Davis. 

that’s way different than adding an aging all pro though. 

a day 2 or 3 rookie to replace Davis next year is a different dynamic 

4 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Beane was on McAfee and they asked him if he had been in talks on Hopkins and he flat out said they weren't pursuing him. 

Well that's that then. Beane's generally a pretty straight shooter. Doesn't generally say he's flat out not pursuing someone who he is. Between him saying that and Arizona's GM saying he won't be trading him this weekend - I don't see it happening.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

15 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Beane was on McAfee and they asked him if he had been in talks on Hopkins and he flat out said they weren't pursuing him. 

And why would you believe him?

3 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Well that's that then. Beane's generally a pretty straight shooter. Doesn't generally say he's flat out not pursuing someone who he is. Between him saying that and Arizona's GM saying he won't be trading him this weekend - I don't see it happening.

What are u talking about? Beane lies all the time. Says they won't be a player in free agency and then signs Miller. Same thing with Milano and Williams in the past. He just said in his PC he wasn't going to look to extend and guys until training camp and the next day he signed Bass to an extension.  He lies all the time and you guys hang on his every word.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Just curious, when? I watched the clips of him being on tonight and he didn’t mention Hopkins, but they are just clips