Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

Just now, Udubalum07 said:

I will say it now DHop and OBJ will not do anything with Baltimore.  They will do just as well as last year.  Have ten to 12 wins and lose in the wild card round.  Then all the ESPN analysts will say because he had too old of receivers and that is why he will have middle of the pack numbers. 

This may be true but once again the other top teams in the AFC are throwing serious resources at surrounding their elite QB's with top talent on offense.  Meanwhile we're bargain basement hunting to upgrade our Offense.  Does anyone else see this as a big problem?

If we don't get D Hop then the #1 and #2 picks should go for offensive talent. If we trade our first for an extra 2 & 3 then both #2's must go to the offense.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

If Hopkins goes to the Ravens,  Beane and Miller just need to ride off into the sunset. 

Get off that. All Miller has said is Hopkins wants to be here and he'd love to see it. But if Beane determined the price was too great and/or prefers a long term cost controlled deal with a Rookie - it is what it is. This fatalist Hopkins or Nothing mentality is ridiculous. A 1st Round WR could turn out to be better for us than Hopkins would be. You don't know.

3 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Waiting for this to turn into a Beane doesn’t want to win thread 

It already has and it's embarrassing.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

We get him yet????

at this point, show me the baby. These receivers are such drama queens and constantly need attention. It feels like we are just getting used for leverage. 

probably

i think these players (OBJ/Hopkins) know Beane is unserious

5 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

Haha I see your point...but Zona is either collecting capital for this draft, or he's likely staying there until season starts (injuries start to occur/teams get desperate again)

It'd be fun to get Dhop, but I've said all along it wasn't real, too many gullible (overly optimistic thinking) posts.  We shall see tonight, or possibly tomorrow night at latest.

Yeah it would be a fun experiment if they can get him cheap and Arizona eats a bunch of salary in 2023 so the Bills can rent him for a season and see how it goes.

But there are enough red flags between scheme and QB fit, age, injury and suspension history that I am fine missing him if the price ain't right.    Even if he goes to a competitor.   He's not a slam dunk fit.     

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

If reports are true that we are at least in the 3rd round offer area, for the Ravens to beat us they’d have to eat all of the salary and offer something higher. 

If it's our third, then I agree.  Maybe after wheeling and dealing, Beane ends up with a low 4th they'd accept.  I wouldn't be shocked if it was only a 5th or 6th, because of the Houston trade compensation.  He surely has much less value now than he had then.  Like not even close.

3 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I'm going to lose it if we Draft a premier WR prospect in Round 1 and everyone is upset because they're not Hopkins.

I’ll lose my mind if McD puts him on the 3 year development plan he has with all rookies

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

54 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

There’s no way on earth the Ravens are gonna trade for Hopkins.  It will be hard enough for Lamar to get OBJ enough targets.  

It’s a completely different offense with Todd Monken

• Like (+1) 1