Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

Just now, Rigotz said:

Let's pause again for a moment to appreciate the support the Pegulas give to this franchise. 

There's no doubt in my mind they'd pay whatever they have to pay to get those picks and load Beane up with more draft capital.

Good ownership matters.

The cap flexibility we have comes from an Owner willing to pay lots of Cash $$$$

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, papazoid said:

where is everybody.....

What it Would Cost Cardinals to Release DeAndre Hopkins

https://www.si.com/nfl/cardinals/analysis/cost-arizona-cardinals-release-deandre-hopkins

Cut (Pre-June 1)

Dead money: $21.07 million

Cap savings: $8.91 million

Cut (Post-June 1)

Dead money: $10.53 million

Cap savings: $19.45 million

I'm under the impression you can designate a cut post-June 1st ahead of the actual date. Don't know how that affects negotiations with other teams and how the cap is calculated now.

• Agree 2

On 4/4/2023 at 6:00 AM, papazoid said:

i'm a big fan of Dhop.......he's a legit superstar WR still  at his age....getting him for $10mil/yr or less would be a steal and would have big impact on team. 

hard to showcase shiny new toy WR's when josh is running for his life or flat on his back.

WR#2  targets 5-10 per game ??

OL blocks 60 plays per game

KC invests heavily in OL and has a revolving door at WR.

Bills invests heavily in DL and looks for scrap heap value on OL.

Protect josh or we will never be a super bowl winning team....just a wannabe Top 5 or so

i legit dont understand this argument. we've added 2 OL where atleast one is an upgraded starter (both are likely better than saffold, so depth or maybe 2 starters).  aside from that, i dont see DHop preventing us from signing an OL right now, or we wouldve done it by now. Any addition to the OL from here out willl come from the draft, and even if we were to swing a trade for him, its not going to be a pick that excludes us from drafting an OL at a premium pick.

i understand the hurdles to clear in signing him, but i dont think it stops us from upgrading at OL

On 4/4/2023 at 9:12 AM, Warriorspikes51 said:

Well if our friend Erie County Bulls is to be believed, he had us talking with Hopkins days ago 

If you haven’t figured it out by now… that account is a complete fraud.  I laugh at people that thought he had some kind of inside information or “sources.”  He was trying to predict what would happen with D-Hop and now he had to backtrack.

It’s astounding how many people fell for his BS 

1 hour ago, Dr. Who said:

I'm under the impression you can designate a cut post-June 1st ahead of the actual date. Don't know how that affects negotiations with other teams and how the cap is calculated now.

You are correct, you can cut a player and designate the cut "post June 1" at any time.

But, then, any cap relief doesn't come until AFTER June 1 - team has to carry the contract on their books and count it against their cap until then

Post June 1 cuts, people act like it's great 'cuz it may cost less, but the cap hits don't go away, part of them are just shifted to another year.  Which may or may not be what one wants.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Does anyone really think he is coming here?  if buffalo was in the lead and they spoke to his rep about money they obviously could not come to an agreement, that is not going to change.   sorry but I think its about 1% chance....  Beane has said we are not signing anyone to a contract over 2 million before the draft.  Just accept Gabe stone hands as your #2 this year

5 minutes ago, gordong said:

Does anyone really think he is coming here?  if buffalo was in the lead and they spoke to his rep about money they obviously could not come to an agreement, that is not going to change.   sorry but I think its about 1% chance....  Beane has said we are not signing anyone to a contract over 2 million before the draft.  Just accept Gabe stone hands as your #2 this year

We will probably draft a WR. I am fine with the current group of receivers if the Bills continue to improve the OL in the draft. If Allen has time in the pocket, then the Bills will be more than fine in the passing game. 

On 4/4/2023 at 6:08 AM, Warriorspikes51 said:

If he were to be released,  DAL, KC, BUF all make a lot of sense.  BAL could if they somehow kept Lamar

I do agree, but Cincy nearly won the SB with an Oline worse than ours...and elite weapons 

Elite weapons and QB all on Rookie contracts.  Big difference 

27 minutes ago, gordong said:

party pooper

oh....von miller says hello

back to visions of sugar plums

38 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Elite weapons and QB all on Rookie contracts.  Big difference 

100%. Burrow, Higgins, and Chase all on rookie deals. They will feel the shock soon. Burrow will be paid as the biggest contract in NFL history when his deal gets done. Chase may be looking for highest paid WR ever. And Higgins will make more than Diggs is currently making when his deal is done. There zero chance that Cinci can keep them all. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, mrags said:

100%. Burrow, Higgins, and Chase all on rookie deals. They will feel the shock soon. Burrow will be paid as the biggest contract in NFL history when his deal gets done. Chase may be looking for highest paid WR ever. And Higgins will make more than Diggs is currently making when his deal is done. They’re zero chance that Cinci can keep them all. 

yup.  The dynamics of their team will be changing over the next couple years. Gotta hit on their draft picks or they’ll be in a difficult position.  Cinci’s best chance will be this year, but the door will be open as long as they have Burrow imo.  Similar to us with 17 under center.  They opportunity to catch lightning in a bottle will always be there-  just have to hope that luck is in their side. 

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

yup.  The dynamics of their team will be changing over the next couple years. Gotta hit on their draft picks or they’ll be in a difficult position.  Cinci’s best chance will be this year, but the door will be open as long as they have Burrow imo.  Similar to us with 17 under center.  They opportunity to catch lightning in a bottle will always be there-  just have to hope that luck is in their side. 

Exactly. As long as 17 is our QB we have a window open. The same will be said for Cinci with Burrow. They likely  won’t be able to keep both of the WRs but they will definitely keep one of them. 

I wonder if that will try and keep both though. Signing Higgins this year and worrying about Burrow and Chase when their time comes. Imo they would be fools to do that. But they may think they can hold out until the cap rises and they can somehow keep them all. 

4 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I think it's realistic that if our 1st round graded players are gone at 27, we could see something like this:  

2024 Conditional 3rd, 2nd if AFC Champ, 1st if SB

For

Hopkins

I think you’re right on with that except I’d drop the 2024 conditionals by 1 rd each. So a 4th, 3rd, or 2nd. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, papazoid said:

party pooper

oh....von miller says hello

back to visions of sugar plums

sorry man just being real...   hey I would love for it to happen but I just think that ship has sailed. 

• Agree 2