Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

11 hours ago, Southern_Bills said:

Hopefully not, Gabe is what 23? 24? 

Diggs and Dhop are past 30, surely an OC can figure out how to use all 3.

And yes, I'm just as mad as everyone else Davis dropped a few balls that could have won games, doesn't mean he's trash though.

Most NFL players reach their potential at Year 3.

If a guy takes longer, it's usually because they were a bigger project to start with... or there was a lack of playing time in their first couple seasons.  It's hard for me to see Gabe Davis is a late bloomer, because neither of these situations apply.

In my opinion, he's a decent #2 option compared to most NFL rosters.

For a team who legitimately believes it's in a Super Bowl window, he really should be relegated to the #3 role.  

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Most NFL players reach their potential at Year 3.

If a guy takes longer, it's usually because they were a bigger project to start with... or there was a lack of playing time in their first couple seasons.  It's hard for me to see Gabe Davis is a late bloomer, because neither of these situations apply.

In my opinion, he's a decent #2 option compared to most NFL rosters.

For a team who legitimately believes it's in a Super Bowl window, he really should be relegated to the #3 role.  

I think he would be a great #3 if the Bills can get Hopkins. Diggs and Hopkins will get the other teams best corners every week. Davis would be in a one-on-one situation where he should win most of those matchups. Same would go for Knox as well.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

if we can improve at OT and get hopkins, our O would look like a race car compared to a sports sedan last year.

upgrade in the slot, insane upgrade at outside WR, way more height, way more speed (given our two prior signing), much improved pass blocking (just losing saffold is enough for that!) knox starts to become an after thought for Ds, and we have some RBs who can catch passes.  I legit think we break scoring records with that team.

4 hours ago, first_and_ten said:

I'm still not sure that Ken Dorsey can run a top tier offense. He got outcoached badly in the playoff game against the Bengals. 

To be fair to Dorsey he had an Oline that got outright dominated so it is hard to make any offense look good when the Oline can’t block. Even had Dorsey attempted to work around that better the results wouldn’t have been that much better. 

Give Dorsey a better Oline and one more significant weapon in the passing game to work with and then I think we will know if Dorsey can operate in the playoffs at the highest level.

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Josh, Von and Diggs should all talk with him.  Von and Josh likely already have

They followed each other on ig according to a few ppl. I'm sure they're pitching the idea of getting the 1st SB in Buf and how he'd be immortalized forever in WNY

6 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

To be fair to Dorsey he had an Oline that got outright dominated so it is hard to make any offense look good when the Oline can’t block. Even had Dorsey attempted to work around that better the results wouldn’t have been that much better. 

Give Dorsey a better Oline and one more significant weapon in the passing game to work with and then I think we will know if Dorsey can operate in the playoffs at the highest level.

I don't think that handicap fully explains it, but that and injuries played a role. Also, there's no doubt a learning curve. I hope there is still a day one or two pick used to address the oline. But first, lets go get DHop.

• Like (+1) 1