Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Apparently by adding 3 void years, we can drop it to just under 5 this season. But I don't know what our situation is in 25, 26, and 27 and what it would add to those years. 

You're essentially spreading $34M over 5 years (2 + 3void), so the average would be under $7M, with the front being under $5. So probably $7-8M at worst later on.

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

you could also have Arizona eat some $ and extend him for 1-2 years 

That's a whole lot easier said than done. I know it drops from 31 to 19.45 for the trading team. I imagine that already means they're eating some. Don't know how willing they'd be to take on more dead cap space. Asking them to give him to us and pay for him would cost us more in compensation.

11 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I just don’t understand that.

Even if you were just looking at his stats, why would a fan conclude that they need that guy?

Why would a GM trade for, and then extend an average DT? 

If I’m the Cardinals, knowing the Bills hold a low-Round 2 pick, that’s what I’d be asking for. 

Oliver, Matakevich and a 5th aren’t really starters for me.

Because he’s potential.  You’re obviously not trading for a 10M cap hit for his production to date.  

Plenty of scouts/GM’s probably think he could click in “their” system or with “their” coaching.  

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

You're essentially spreading $34M over 5 years (2 + 3void), so the average would be under $7M, with the front being under $5. So probably $7-8M at worst later on.

nope. Spreading this years 19 over 5amd then when you void the 3 dropping 15 into 2025 so something like 

5m

salary plus $5m hit

$15m dead. 

I don’t think that’s the solution but would be the most aggressive option short term 

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

Arizona is going to have to eat some Hopkins salary.  No team is going to trade for that contract as it sits.  You can easily get his cap hit down to single digits 

His contract is obnoxious and he’s on the downside of his career

4 minutes ago, mikemac2001 said:

Ya I mean the buffalo soldier song and the following of Allen and Allen back seems so weird 

there’s no way it was a coincidence.

1.) He heard Bills interest and wanted to have some fun trolling fans

or

2.) He knows he’s about to be traded to Buffalo

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

you really think that after the smoke? It’s at the very least realistic….

One concern I have he is an old 31 from what I’ve read. Apparently he is in a very light practice schedule, although it’s unclear if it’s injury prevention or because he just doesn’t want to.

If it’s a case he simply doesnt want to…