NFL Playoff Schedule

BLeonard

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Seattle San Fran will be a blow out…. And Bills Dolphins has potential to be blow out as well if Tua is out. 

All the games could potentially be blowouts. Of course, there could always be a surprise Cinderella team. It would be cool if it were the Giants.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

58 minutes ago, BLeonard said:

Per NBC:

Sat - 4:30 - FOX   SEA @ SF

Sat - 8:15 - NBC - LAC @ JAX

Sun - 1:00 - CBS - MIA @ BUF

Sun - 4:30 - FOX - NYG @ MIN

Sun  - 8:15 - NBC - BLT @ CIN

Mon - 8:15 - ESPN - DAL @ TB

Cincinnati is playing against a BLT? Damn I guess I know who we're playing in the 2nd round.

BTW where would Bills-Bengals be played?

Is that also a coin flip game?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Cincinnati is playing against a BLT? Damn I guess I know who we're playing in the 2nd round.

In Buffalo. Only if Buffalo and KC meet in the championship game will there be a neutral field. (And Baltimore will be playing at Cincy next week, with no coin flip needed (due to records)).

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

No, because we are a full game ahead of them 13-3, and they are 12-4. As opposed to the Chiefs who are only a half game ahead 14-3. The NFL doesn't consider the Bills/Bengals game to exist anymore so the "what-ifs" of if they beat us don't either. Its the opposite caveat to the Chiefs stealing the 1st seed. Crap rolls down hill I guess. 

Pretty terrible that the two teams that put the player and their teams first were the most negatively impacted by NFL's makeshift rule changes. You'd think if the NFL had a backbone they'd have moved mountains to get the game played at another date even if it means moving the playoffs back a week, to ensure that both Cincinatti and Buffalo get the opportunity to maximize their playoff positions.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

No, because we are a full game ahead of them 13-3, and they are 12-4. As opposed to the Chiefs who are only a half game ahead 14-3. The NFL doesn't consider the Bills/Bengals game to exist anymore so the "what-ifs" of if they beat us don't either. Its the opposite caveat to the Chiefs stealing the 1st seed. Crap rolls down hill I guess. 

Pretty terrible that the two teams that put the player and their teams first were the most negatively impacted by NFL's makeshift rule changes. You'd think if the NFL had a backbone they'd have moved mountains to get the game played at another date even if it means moving the playoffs back a week, to ensure that both Cincinatti and Buffalo get the opportunity to maximize their playoff positions.

Well, I am starting to look at our situation positively:

1. We get to play Cincy (if both teams win) at home.

2. We could have avoided Cincy if we were number 1, but then we would have still had to play them in Week 17. So we play them one way or another.

3. We don't get the bye, but we had our bye last week.

4. We could have lost to Cincy in Week 17, so playing KC at a neutral site might be a good thing.

5. Not getting a bye now means we don't lose rhythm. We have won 7 in a row. 

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Odds to make Super Bowl from Caesar's Sports Book (via ESPN: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35378729/nfl-playoffs-bracket-preview-schedule-super-bowl-chances-all-14-teams-matchups-watch)

AFC:

KC +330

BUF +420

CIN +800

LAC +2200

BAL +3500

JAX +5000

MIA +6000

NFC:

SF +450

PHI +550

DAL +1300

MIN +3000

TB +3000

SEA +5000

NYG +6000

I cannot recall a year where so many teams are entering the playoffs on such hot streaks. The Bills, KC, Bengals, 49ers and Jags all have not lost since November. Most years it seems that teams sit and rest their starters in the final game but there was so much separation between the haves and have nots this season that the playoff contenders couldn’t afford to do that. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bill Lewes said:

I wish it were someone other than Dallas sending TB12 home!

The glass can be half full also - no matter who loses, we win!

15 minutes ago, Stads said:

So glad we got the only 1:00 game and I work until 3 Sunday

homer simpson GIF

I told my wife she could take a girls weekend because I really wanted to make sure I could have the next weekend for the Divisional game, forgot my son has an appt. at 1 on Sunday.

the-simpsons-homer-simpson.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

Agreed on both of your points. If I were a Bengals fan I'd be sorely upset about playing the Bills in Buffalo on the heels of the compassionate cancellation.

Also I thought the Bills-Bengals would be made up either utilizing the 2 weeks between the championship games and the Super Bowl and/or pushing the Super Bowl back one week. Apparently the logistical/financial dominos were too inert.

2 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

This provides no source, and no indication the players said this. You think that if Josh Allen was told they will reschedule the game and the playoff implications obviously known and he said "nah, I don't want to"? Doubtful.

What also contradicts this is we may play the Bengals in 2 weeks. So we don't want to replay them now, but in 2 weeks its fine? Makes little sense.

1 minute ago, What a Tuel said:

This provides no source, and no indication the players said this. You think that if Josh Allen was told they will reschedule the game and the playoff implications obviously known and he said "nah, I don't want to"? Doubtful.

What also contradicts this is we may play the Bengals in 2 weeks. So we don't want to replay them now, but in 2 weeks its fine? Makes little sense.

There was a report that the NFL didn't want the game resumed because is has "bad juju."

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Understood that there is no source, I tend to believe they wouldn't have included it as pure speculation, but could be. 

I'd also say if you asked the locker room, there would be at least a large handful of players (my guess would be a majority, but it's just a guess) that would choose to not replay it and stay the 2 seed (especially considering not having to play in KC.) Yes, we lost the chance for the 1 seed, we also pretty easily could have wound up as the 3 seed and had to play in Cinci (again) and KC, while giving KC and the rest of the AFC an extra bye week.

Edited by Captain Caveman

55 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Agreed on both of your points. If I were a Bengals fan I'd be sorely upset about playing the Bills in Buffalo on the heels of the compassionate cancellation.

Also I thought the Bills-Bengals would be made up either utilizing the 2 weeks between the championship games and the Super Bowl and/or pushing the Super Bowl back one week. Apparently the logistical/financial dominos were too inert.

There is no way in hell the super bowl was being pushed book.  The number of hotel nights, flights, parties, events that would need to be rescheduled is staggering.  It would piss off a few million people.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, chongli said:

Odds to make Super Bowl from Caesar's Sports Book (via ESPN: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35378729/nfl-playoffs-bracket-preview-schedule-super-bowl-chances-all-14-teams-matchups-watch)

AFC:

KC +330

BUF +420

CIN +800

LAC +2200

BAL +3500

JAX +5000

MIA +6000

NFC:

SF +450

PHI +550

DAL +1300

MIN +3000

TB +3000

SEA +5000

NYG +6000

I agree.   Barring significant changes in injury status to key players,  this is about how it will shake out, IMO.   Von was the x factor and he is gone.  If the rush can't get to mac f ing jones what will happen when Mahomes gets going???

Edited by ProcessTruster
  • Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

There is zero indication of this.

So McDermott reportedly said the game wasn’t going to continue even if it meant the Bills had to forfeit. You don’t think the league consulted with the Bills ( and Bengals) on the possibility of making up the game? A league executive told Schefter that the game had bad mojo and they wanted to move on. Was that just the NFLs opinion or did that come from “ taking the temperature of the room” in Buffalo. What indication do you need ? They’re not going to come out and share all the details. You have to read between the lines here. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

45 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

The Bills were ready to forfeit the game : they didn’t care about playoff implications. They cared about their teammate, friend , and brother that was critically injured. 

1 hour ago, Captain Caveman said:

I think part of the reason Bills / Bengals wasn't made up is because the players didn't want it made up (especially the Bills.)

55 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

There is zero indication of this.

As others suggest there's good reason to believe that when consulting the teams, mental health experts, league officials, etc that there would have been resistance to postponing the games for only a few days. I think the only way it could have been continued/replayed is if there was a significant amount of time between the original and postponed date... for instance after the week 18 games.

Nyheim Hines 2 return TDs were a godsend because I believe a lot of what I was seeing yesterday was an emotionally exhausted Bills team. JMO.

24 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

There is no way in hell the super bowl was being pushed book.  The number of hotel nights, flights, parties, events that would need to be rescheduled is staggering.  It would piss off a few million people.

That's why I wrote "Apparently the logistical/financial dominos were too inert."

3 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Nyheim Hines 2 return TDs were a godsend because I believe a lot of what I was seeing yesterday was an emotionally exhausted Bills team. JMO.

Especially the DBs. Those guys spend a lot of time together as position groups. It had to hit them the hardest. Tre’s comments after the game demonstrate this.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

So McDermott reportedly said the game wasn’t going to continue even if it meant the Bills had to forfeit. You don’t think the league consulted with the Bills ( and Bengals) on the possibility of making up the game? A league executive told Schefter that the game had bad mojo and they wanted to move on. Was that just the NFLs opinion or did that come from “ taking the temperature of the room” in Buffalo. What indication do you need ? They’re not going to come out and share all the details. You have to read between the lines here. 

23 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

The Bills were ready to forfeit the game : they didn’t care about playoff implications. They cared about their teammate, friend , and brother that was critically injured. 

I don't disagree that the Bills did not want to replay the game until after Hamlin's condition improved.

What I disagree with is that the NFL offered the Bills/Bengals to play the game after the Week 18 games and the Bills declined. I don't think this offer was ever made.

The NFL should have said "to hell with it causing too much work to move a few dates (which no one knew who was traveling where anyway), lets push the playoffs back a week. We are going to make this right and make sure these two teams do not lose an advantage because they did the right thing."

Edited by What a Tuel

3 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

I don't disagree that the Bills did not want to replay the game until after Hamlin's condition improved.

What I disagree with is that the NFL offered the Bills/Bengals to play the game after the Week 18 games and the Bills declined. I don't think this offer was ever made.

The NFL should have said "to hell with it causing too much work to move a few dates (which no one knew who was traveling where anyway), lets push the playoffs back a week. We are going to make this right and make sure these two teams do not lose an advantage because they did the right thing."

Except we would potentially put ourselves at a bigger disadvantage by effectively giving the rest of the conference a bye while we played that week (especially in the event we didn't win, which has to at least be considered.)

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

I’m not saying they offered that scenario. They generally would require it to be made up in two days. They didn’t want to push the playoff schedule back or alter the entire playoff formula. They considered diluting the playoff field with an 8th team per conference or alternating conference byes while making up Bills/ Bengals in week 19. Im glad they didn’t go forward with these ideas. The Bills would have played the Patriots, then the Bengals and possibly played a playoff game vs a team coming off a bye the next week. If presented with that situation they mY have just rested players for two weeks and went into the playoffs as the 3. The game wasn’t going to be made up in two days due to the Hamlin situation and making it up in 2 weeks was problematic and perhaps a huge disadvantage. If BUF/ CIN was originally in week 14 I believe it would have been made up. It was too late in the schedule for a practical make up scenario. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

Except we would potentially put ourselves at a bigger disadvantage by effectively giving the rest of the conference a bye while we played that week (especially in the event we didn't win, which has to at least be considered.)

One is a disadvantage because we didn't put ourselves in the driver's seat (or rather the NFL didn't allow us to).

One is a disadvantage because we fairly lost.

I'd rather put us in the driver seat, but I understand the weight you guys believe the bye week would benefit other teams.

One is a disadvantage because we didn't put ourselves in the driver's seat (or rather the NFL didn't allow us to).

One is a disadvantage because we fairly lost.

I'd rather put us in the driver seat, but I understand the weight you guys believe the bye week would benefit other teams.

Not only that, but if we played the bye week while the NFC played (as had been proposed), we would potentially give the AFC an extra bye for the playoffs, then lose out on our bye before the Super Bowl while the NFC got to keep it.

1 minute ago, Captain Caveman said:

Not only that, but if we played the bye week while the NFC played (as had been proposed), we would potentially give the AFC an extra bye for the playoffs, then lose out on our bye before the Super Bowl while the NFC got to keep it.

Yeah I didn't see why they wanted the NFC to continue as normal. I wouldve proposed moving them both back. 

8 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I’m not saying they offered that scenario. They generally would require it to be made up in two days. They didn’t want to push the playoff schedule back or alter the entire playoff formula. They considered diluting the playoff field with an 8th team per conference or alternating conference byes while making up Bills/ Bengals in week 19. Im glad they didn’t go forward with these ideas. The Bills would have played the Patriots, then the Bengals and possibly played a playoff game vs a team coming off a bye the next week. If presented with that situation they mY have just rested players for two weeks and went into the playoffs as the 3. The game wasn’t going to be made up in two days due to the Hamlin situation and making it up in 2 weeks was problematic and perhaps a huge disadvantage. If BUF/ CIN was originally in week 14 I believe it would have been made up. It was too late in the schedule for a practical make up scenario. 

I get the perspective. I just disagree the Bills would have declined to play for the 1st seed if given the opportunity.

Yeah I didn't see why they wanted the NFC to continue as normal. I wouldve proposed moving them both back. 

I get the perspective. I just disagree the Bills would have declined to play for the 1st seed if given the opportunity.

Moving both was never going to happen and wasn’t a proposal being considered. We don’t know if they would have declined , but they had the opportunity to resume the game within two days according to reports and did not want to- even if it meant a forfeit. A later date would have meant the scenario I mentioned with a possibility of going from 1 to 3 then facing a rested opponent. Im

not sure how the Bills would have approached such a scenario. Anyway, the league voted to not alter the schedule and to cancel BUF/ CIN. I never heard any reports that the Bills were insisting on making up the game: the Bengals said they’d do whatever the Bills wanted. We can infer a lot form this. 

Anyone notice that almost ALL of these games are crap on paper?

Can't recall it being this bad.

Other than the Bills (which hopefully will be a terrible game and Bills blowout without Tua), I am eager to watch the Baltimore vs. Bengals game.  

That's it.

25 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Other than the Bills (which hopefully will be a terrible game and Bills blowout without Tua), I am eager to watch the Baltimore vs. Bengals game.  

That's it.

I have and I’ve mentioned it a few times, but in different ways. I cannot recall a year where there are such obvious have, and have not, playoff teams. There’s a huge leap from the comparatively few teams with a positive point differential, and then look at the winning streaks that those same few teams are entering the playoffs with. 

33 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

That's it.

Bengals should lay waste to the Ravens.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.