Our emerging habit of ending New England's season

Success

I'm completely focused on the playoffs, and nothing matters (really) until we win the Super Bowl.

But I can chew gum & walk at the same time. I can still love that we just ended the Pats season for the 2nd year in a row, and won 6 out of the last 7, with the only loss being in hurricane-force winds.  I can love their salty online comments about how "the Bills will just choke to KC again."  I can love that they're stuck in the purgatory we had for years - not bad enough to get a high draft pick, not good enough to do anything meaningful.

I love, love, love that we have flipped the script w/ that team.  And I expect it to continue for a long time.  He who laughs last, and all of that....

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Success said:

I'm completely focused on the playoffs, and nothing matters (really) until we win the Super Bowl.

But I can chew gum & walk at the same time. I can still love that we just ended the Pats season for the 2nd year in a row, and won 6 out of the last 7, with the only loss being in hurricane-force winds.  I can love their salty online comments about how "the Bills will just choke to KC again."  I can love that they're stuck in the purgatory we had for years - not bad enough to get a high draft pick, not good enough to do anything meaningful.

I love, love, love that we have flipped the script w/ that team.  And I expect it to continue for a long time.  He who laughs last, and all of that....

Not gonna lie. With the emergence of the petulant dolphins and the media making them out to be the greatest team of all time, I’ve kinda gone stale on my hate of NE. I only have so much hate and right now it’s been focused on Miami pretty much all season. 

now that’s not to say I don’t like beating NE, especially to end their season. But beating Miami would be so much sweeter…right now. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Not gonna lie. With the emergence of the petulant dolphins and the media making them out to be the greatest team of all time, I’ve kinda gone stale on my hate of NE. I only have so much hate and right now it’s been focused on Miami pretty much all season. 

now that’s not to say I don’t like beating NE, especially to end their season. But beating Miami would be so much sweeter…right now. 

I get that.  Miami is the OLD nemesis, for me.  I started watching the Bills in the '80s, and they were the hated team. 

But the Pats really took their place, and I'd be surprised if that changed for me.  I never imagined anything like the run they had against the Bills when I started being a sports fan.  It gives me incredible satisfaction to keep beating that team, especially w/ Belichick at the helm.  He's the greatest coach in history, and he can't do a thing to stop JA and this team.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I’m wondering if Belichick made another trip over to the bills locker room to congratulate Josh Allen? He seems to be a definite fan of him.

Didn’t he say for the media to pump the breaks on him being a pro bowler back in 20 and then when he got blown out a reporter asked him about his comments and he got defensive?

4 minutes ago, Success said:

I get that.  Miami is the OLD nemesis, for me.  I started watching the Bills in the '80s, and they were the hated team. 

But the Pats really took their place, and I'd be surprised if that changed for me.  I never imagined anything like the run they had against the Bills when I started being a sports fan.  It gives me incredible satisfaction to keep beating that team, especially w/ Belichick at the helm.  He's the greatest coach in history, and he can't do a thing to stop JA and this team.

I guess part of it is I expect to best NE. We are clearly the better team over the last 7 matchups. Only thing that can equalize both teams is a crazy wind game. 

Dolphins are actually competitive and can play us tough. That’s what makes me nervous. And I’m in my thirties. I didn’t have to deal with the dolphins of old as I was too young or not born yet. 

10 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

The Patriots have a serious problem. The problem being the number of good vet QB’s that are on the market for the Jets and Dolphins to pick up this off-season. Once that happens the Pats will be relegated to the AFC East basement for years to come. 

Their problem is Belichick isn't retiring. And it's time to move on.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I don’t know about Belichick being the greatest coach of all-time. He absolutely is the greatest NFL football historian of all-time. A lot can be learned from history, especially when you have the GOAT as your QB. His respect for the game is enormous but his lack of any social skills have hurt his stature. Belichick had his run in the limelight but maybe it’s time to hang up the cleats.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

I don’t know about Belichick being the greatest coach of all-time. He absolutely is the greatest NFL football historian of all-time. A lot can be learned from history, especially when you have the GOAT as your QB. His respect for the game is enormous but his lack of any social skills have hurt his stature. Belichick had his run in the limelight but maybe it’s time to hang up the cleats.

He has no cleats. The emperor is naked. Tommy boy is long gone.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

The Patriots have a serious problem. The problem being the number of good vet QB’s that are on the market for the Jets and Dolphins to pick up this off-season. Once that happens the Pats will be relegated to the AFC East basement for years to come. 

Why can't the Pats pick one of them up? I can't imagine they will stay on the hook for Mac for long.

I just want Lamar to go to Carolina or something, would rather not see him on the field with Hill and Waddle. Baker, Garoppolo, even Brady and Rodgers can go wherever they want, they aren't scary.

18 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Why can't the Pats pick one of them up? I can't imagine they will stay on the hook for Mac for long.

I just want Lamar to go to Carolina or something, would rather not see him on the field with Hill and Waddle. Baker, Garoppolo, even Brady and Rodgers can go wherever they want, they aren't scary.

They are more likely than the other two teams to stick with their young QB. But say you are correct and they bring back Brady or something crazy, they still are far behind the Jets and Dolphins in terms of overall talent on the roster . That is my thinking.

As long as the Jets and Dolphins make an upgrade at QB it won’t matter what upgrade the Patriots make.

2 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

I have plenty of enough hate for both

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

Ending the Patriots’ and Dolphins’ seasons in such a public manner in back to back weeks would be <chef’s kiss> and a great start to this run. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.