We're onto Miami(Miami's headed to Buffalo)...opening line BUF -10! Game at 1:05 PM SUN 1/15

Big Turk

6 hours ago, JustAnotherBillsFan said:

In light of what our team has been through in the past week I have two concerns if Tua plays.

1) Will our dline be able to play with full aggression or will there be a sliver of hesitation and caution with regard to injuring Tua? 

2) In the unfortunate event that Tua suffers (yet) another concussion, how well will our players be able to shake that off and continue playing?

Thoughts?

Are you serious? I have no concerns over either of those things.

If Tua plays, I would hope the players do their best to knock him out of the game, and that should be made very clear to them this week by the coaching staff.

You look the wrong at Tua in his current condition and he is going to get another concussion.  We need to capitalize on that.

He should not have played another snap this year after his second concussion on TNF.  

If he isn't going to care about his own health, why should the Bills?

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Dislike 3

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

If Tua plays, I would hope the players do their best to knock him out of the game, and that should be made very clear to them this week by the coaching staff.

You look the wrong at Tua in his current condition and he is going to get another concussion.  We need to capitalize on that.

He should not have played another snap this year after his second concussion on TNF.  

Yuck.

• Agree 6

5 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

So to be clear.....you're advocating for giving Tua his 4th concussion in 4 months which could have long term effects to his brain.

Have you learned nothing from the past week? 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm sure he didn't have a fusion.  I doubt he would be doing any sort of light drills at practice with that level of surgery.  

I healed from my herniated disc in my back in 2 months and I never went to physical therapy. 

Every media report at the time said he had surgery and a recovery period of 6-9 months, indicating he had the ACDF procedure. If those reports are wrong, then he had the ADR procedure instead and that carries a much shorter recovery time of three months. Regardless, the scar on his throat indicates he had surgery of some sort. And a return to light calisthenics and drills isn’t out of the ordinary for either procedure.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YattaOkasan said:

Niners did fine I agree.  But to my point they didnt do as well as we did either time in terms of pass yards.  i agree fins will throw to the spot where they expect a hole.  but i very much disagree we dont mess with the receivers getting to the spot.  you think the ONLY way to do this is by press man?  Frazier knows how to do it by disguising and rotating coverage post snap.  Frazier knows where they want to put the ball and puts someone there they didnt expect.  If you cant run cover 2  with Jaquan and Hamlin then why did they hold Tua to his second lowest output of the season (186 yards!) in the first meeting.  The idea that you have to run press man and cant run cover 2 against them is wrong.  

Agree we got crushed in the run game in second game, but thats a better reason to say dont run cover 2 against them than that we cant stop the pass with it.  In fact, I think we went to more cover 1 cause we were getting gashed in cover 2.  What happened when we went to man in order to bring a safety into the box, was long passes to Hill and Wilson (others too i cant recall).  You go to war with the army you have, not the army you want.  The army we have can stop them better with cover 2 than it can with cover 1 (though we are pretty good in cover 2 man or cover 1 lurk/rat).

Maybe I’m taking crazy pills and I apologize if so lol but the 49ers really didn’t appear to be playing press man to me.  Brandon Staley even commented on how different the niners gameplan was.  They seemed to be playing what people around here call ‘the Leslie Frazier special’ lol lots of soft zone/cover 4 and cover 2 shell in the secondary and rushing 4…their linebackers tackled well and closed so fast on underneath throws though and they were stout against the run. Milano had a really bad night for us against the dolphins.  

Miami runs a lot of heavy sets that dare you to throw a third linebacker out there and we tried to ride it out in the nickel and had an awful night tackling 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

not only is purposefully injuring someone morally wrong, it is disgusting seeing what happened to DH. 

Bills are classier than that, even if you aren’t.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

10 minutes ago, todd said:

not only is purposefully injuring someone morally wrong, it is disgusting seeing what happened to DH. 

Bills are classier than that, even if you aren’t.

CLEARLY, the Bills should not intentionally try to concuss Tua.

What they better do is have a game-plan in place that tries to knock around Tua.  If he plays, we know he can be hit.. and that those hits can greatly affect his ability.  

If anyone on this team/staff is holding back because of Hamlin, we are not long for the post-season. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

What they better do is have a game-plan in place that tries to knock around Tua.  If he plays, we know he can be hit.. and that those hits can greatly affect his ability.  

If anyone on this team/staff is holding back because of Hamlin, we are not long for the post-season. 

Agree.  Tua has not even practiced in three weeks, after throwing three pics in the second half against GB.  If he is really cleared by doctors--which I doubt at this point-- let him play.  He is not a horrible QB by any stretch, but he's not that good to think that after not practicing for three weeks-- and not playing-- he will have a great game in Buffalo.  And if he does, God love him.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I think Taron is gonna be ok to lay the lumber.

• Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

one of the worst posts i've read on this site. we're a week removed from "who cares about football" and "there's more important things in life" and right back to "let's capitalize on the fact that a concussed player is playing and try to take him out!"

the bills don't need to intentionally concuss or injure tua to win.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Well, we just found out who Nextmanup is in real life:

96349813_crop_north.jpg?1333630373&w=307

• Haha (+1) 11

1 hour ago, Berky1010 said:

Vegas just moved line from 10.5 to 9. Assume we hear Tua will play soon enough.

That very well might be based on bridgewater.  McDaniel said pretty recently he was very close to being able to play against the jets.  Bills -9.5 with bridgewater starting sounds right 

the way he’s talked about tua it’s more likely he doesn’t play I’d say but it’s impossible to know.  The 49ers are -9.5 against the Seahawks for reference 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Not saying they shouldn't touch him. And I think getting after the QB is pretty much key to any game plan with an above-average QB. That's much different than trying to concuss the guy, or purposefully injure him.

"Don't play dirty, don't play dumb." - Marv Levy

26 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

That very well might be based on bridgewater.  McDaniel said pretty recently he was very close to being able to play against the jets.  Bills -9.5 with bridgewater starting sounds right 

the way he’s talked about tua it’s more likely he doesn’t play I’d say but it’s impossible to know.  The 49ers are -9.5 against the Seahawks for reference 

the current line is a straddle between the possibility of tua playing or not playing.

if tua is in, line will be dolphins +7.5

if he's out, line will be about 11. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Can someone talk me through the meaning of DVOA (use small words and speak slowly)?

And yeah, I've read their blurb at https://www.footballoutsiders.com/info/methods

I THINK what this means is the Bills offense has very good results vs nickel D, and somewhat bad results vs. base D (which, I don't think we face too often)

while

the Dolphins defense has good results when running a base defense, but poor results when running a nickel

What do the numbers in parentheses mean?

By the way, Aaron Schatz is the one who referred to Allen as a “parody of an NFL quarterback prospect” and said “I would rather have Tyrod Taylor quarterbacking my team over the next four years than Josh Allen.”

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.