NFL Week #18 - Around the NFL Saturday edition

BuffaloBill

If I've got this right:

• if KC wins, Bengals win, and Bills win, KC would be #1 seed, Bill's would be #2, and Bengals #3.  Which would mean Bills and Bengals could meet in a divisional game (but not AFC championship) and it would be at Buffalo.  
  • if KC wins, Bengals win, and Bills lose, KC would be #1 seed, Bengals would be #2, and Bills #3.  Which would mean Bills and Bengals could meet in a divisional game (but not AFC championship) and it would be at Cinci.  I'm pretty sure the Bills don't want to have to return to that field any time soon which gives them a lot of motivation to win today.

It's odd to me that the NFL did not assert that for either of those scenarios there would also be a neutral field - to add an additional layer of fairness to the situation.

45 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Asterisk only counts in steroid scandals. Don't even know why you would think there would be an asterisk other than to try and push Bills fans buttons.

No no. I wasn’t saying there would be. My bad. I was thinking about “the Bills finally win the SB so some other fan bases will put an asterisks on it because of the 16 vs 17 games.” 

i shouldn’t have even mentioned it. Give me a mulligan on that one? 

• Like (+1) 1

I might be the guy that thinks Derek Carr is the biggest waste of time in the nfl…I always talk about the Raiders like an afterthought. Never took them seriously. They have really good players on that team and now with that complete zero out at QB, I think they have a legitimate shot in that game today. The chiefs have not been playing well and that game isn’t at home with the refs handing them big calls. I’m not saying it will definitely happen but the raiders can win that game.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I might be the guy that thinks Derek Carr is the biggest waste of time in the nfl…I always talk about the Raiders like an afterthought. Never took them seriously. They have really good players on that team and now with that complete zero out at QB, I think they have a legitimate shot in that game today. The chiefs have not been playing well and that game isn’t at home with the refs handing them big calls. I’m not saying it will definitely happen but the raiders can win that game.

Raiders can DEFINITELY win this game.

I'm looking forward to this one as much as the Bills game tomorrow.

2 hours ago, eball said:

I’m not a huge fan of what the NFL did with regard to playoff seeding in light of the Bills-Bengals cancellation, but two things happening could make it all “ok” — a Raiders win and a Bills win.  Let’s get the first half of that this afternoon.

Go Raidahs!!!

If the NFL wants the Bills to be the one seed, they'll have the refs do what they can today to help make it happen 😁

21 minutes ago, Georgia Bill said:

If I've got this right:

• if KC wins, Bengals win, and Bills win, KC would be #1 seed, Bill's would be #2, and Bengals #3.  Which would mean Bills and Bengals could meet in a divisional game (but not AFC championship) and it would be at Buffalo.  
  • if KC wins, Bengals win, and Bills lose, KC would be #1 seed, Bengals would be #2, and Bills #3.  Which would mean Bills and Bengals could meet in a divisional game (but not AFC championship) and it would be at Cinci.  I'm pretty sure the Bills don't want to have to return to that field any time soon which gives them a lot of motivation to win today.

It's odd to me that the NFL did not assert that for either of those scenarios there would also be a neutral field - to add an additional layer of fairness to the situation.

A neutral field between the Bills and Bengals makes sense to me, but I'm guessing they're going on the fact that both teams have the same number of games and they'll be able to determine the seeding between them cleanly that way. Still if both teams win or lose, I'd think a neutral field would have been fair.

Edited by Warcodered

1 minute ago, Georgia Bill said:

If the NFL wants the Bills to be the one seed, they'll have the refs do what they can today to help make it happen 😁

Along the same lines, is it possible the Chiefs will be psychologically distracted or somehow off their game thinking that they don't want to get the #1 seed in this manner?  I doubt it, but what the heck!  I'll hope so at least until the game is over.

1 minute ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

This Chiefs vs. Raiders game has 3 point agonizing Chiefs victory written all over it. I have little doubt the Raiders are going to play their butts off against their rival at home. But the Chiefs have had a horseshoe up their butt ever since the week 2 Chargers game. 

I'm just going to point this out again, in regards to your horseshoe comment. The Chiefs will complete a 17 week regular season without ever having to play in adverse weather. Not a rain drop. Not a snow flake. Not a win gust over 15MPH. And this is a team that plays outside in a cold-weather city that gets frequent thunderstorms.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, FrenchConnection said:

I'm just going to point this out again, in regards to your horseshoe comment. The Chiefs will complete a 17 week regular season without ever having to play in adverse weather. Not a rain drop. Not a snow flake. Not a win gust over 15MPH. And this is a team that plays outside in a cold-weather city that gets frequent thunderstorms.

Lucky Bastards. 

I texted my buddy long time Raiders fan  I invited him to this board to check us out,  if you see a new post from a guy called "da raidahs" thats my boy Tom Loeffler. Im sure he will behave HA. Naww he is the BEST. I had to break it to him that da raidahs are no longer my 2nd fav NFL team. OF COURSE it is now the Cincinnati Bengals.   He is a sports journalist in Jefferson City MO both print and TV media

About (loefflerslink.com)

GO RAIDAHS

m

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 5

26 minutes ago, muppy said:

I texted my buddy long time Raiders fan  I invited him to this board to check us out,  if you see a new post from a guy called "da raidahs" thats my boy Tom Loeffler. Im sure he will behave HA. Naww he is the BEST. I had to break it to him that da raidahs are no longer my 2nd fav NFL team. OF COURE it is now the Cincinnati Bengals.   He is a sports journalist in Jefferson City MO both print and TV media

About (loefflerslink.com)

GO RAIDAHS

m

I mean as long as the Raiders do well this will probably be a pretty Raiders friendly environment.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.