If Chiefs win on Sat. does Bills/Pats game matter (much)?

ProcessTruster

It's worth pointing out that any "neutral field" the Bills play on will in effect be a "home" field, or mostly home field, which could make a big difference in terms of communication on offense.

KC and others have wonderful fan bases too, but no one is going to out-travel the Bills fanbase.

Bills on a "neutral" field with maybe 60-70% Bills fans on hand is a big improvement over a straight up away game, especially at Arrowhead.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

It's worth pointing out that any "neutral field" the Bills play on will in effect be a "home" field, or mostly home field, which could make a big difference in terms of communication on offense.

KC and others have wonderful fan bases too, but no one is going to out-travel the Bills fanbase.

Bills on a "neutral" field with maybe 60-70% Bills fans on hand is a big improvement over a straight up away game, especially at Arrowhead.

In the AFC Steelers fans would be right there with Bills fans. In the NFC the Packers and Cowboys as well. Outside these fanbases I don't think another would. Maybe the Giants but that's it.

1 hour ago, ImpactCorey said:

Extremely important.  A win guarantees at WORST a neutral location for the AFC championship.  If Cincy also loses, it has the potential of being a home game.

I have to amend this.  I don't think there is a way that Bills would play Cincy in the AFC championship game if KC wins.

Edited by ImpactCorey

What happens if Chiefs win, Bills lose and Bengals win? Who would host the second round game between Bengals and Bills?  (Both would be 12-4, with no head-to-head tie-breaker.)

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

It will be very interesting to see which “neutral field” is selected.  I suppose it won’t be announced any time soon, and in fact might not even be necessary…

46 minutes ago, mannc said:

What happens if Chiefs win, Bills lose and Bengals win? Who would host the second round game between Bengals and Bills?  (Both would be 12-4, with no head-to-head tie-breaker.)

It will be very interesting to see which “neutral field” is selected.  I suppose it won’t be announced any time soon, and in fact might not even be necessary…

Cincinnati would host in that scenario.  They would hold the SOV tiebreaker.  Bills would be the #3 seed and host Baltimore.  Cincy would be the #2 and host New England.

Neutral fields I've heard about are Atlanta or Indianapolis.  Detroit is getting new turf, so that's out, as they've already started the process.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Huge game for Bills:

1. They can eliminate NE from the playoffs

2. By winning they can get the 1 seed, if Chiefs loses.  Even if Chiefs win, by winning we get 2 home games in the playoffs and a neutral game in the championship (or better yet a 3rd home game if KC loses before the Championship round)

3.  If we lose to NE, and Cinci beats Baltimore (which they will) we play a tougher team in RD 1, probably have to go on the road vs Cinci in rd 2 and probably would have to go on the road in the AFC Championship vs KC

This game is huge and coming in from CT cuz I feel I have to be there

7 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Huge game for Bills:

1. They can eliminate NE from the playoffs

2. By winning they can get the 1 seed, if Chiefs loses.  Even if Chiefs win, by winning we get 2 home games in the playoffs and a neutral game in the championship (or better yet a 3rd home game if KC loses before the Championship round)

3.  If we lose to NE, and Cinci beats Baltimore (which they will) we play a tougher team in RD 1, probably have to go on the road vs Cinci in rd 2 and probably would have to go on the road in the AFC Championship vs KC

This game is huge and coming in from CT cuz I feel I have to be there

If JAX, CLE and NYJ all win, New England still gets in even if the Bills beat them.

If the Bills lose and Cincy wins, the Bengals host the Patriots and the Bills host the Ravens in the Wild Card round.  

39 minutes ago, BLeonard said:

If JAX, CLE and NYJ all win, New England still gets in even if the Bills beat them.

If the Bills lose and Cincy wins, the Bengals host the Patriots and the Bills host the Ravens in the Wild Card round.  

I think Miami and Pittsburgh win though

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.