Updated scenario for scheduling to be voted on Friday

The 9 Isles

9 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Vegas wins + BUF wins = BUF 1 seed + bye and home field

The outcome of the bills bengals game is unknowable.  There is simply no option that would make this perceived as fair.   I am good with what they are doing knowing there is no way to really “fix” the situation.  

4 minutes ago, peterpan said:

Bills and Cincy kinda had a buy this past week.  So if you think of it that way, KC getting makes it seem more fair.

I don’t think so they had a very high emotional wear and tear this week. 

KC lost to the two teams behind them and seem to be the only team getting an advantage from this. 

1 minute ago, mikemac2001 said:

I don’t think so they had a very high emotional wear and tear this week. 

KC lost to the two teams behind them and seem to be the only team getting an advantage from this. 

Yea that’s true too.

I almost wish the bills just volunteered a forfeit.  Then it’s Cincy as 1 and idle we make it, it would a replay of this game in Cincy effectively 

Just now, stlbills13 said:

If they go with this proposal and KC wins on Saturday, how long do you play the starters on Sunday? Obviously you still want the 2 seed but health is also important with no bye and it's been a weird week.

Well the idea of going back to Cincy is not something I want the players to mentally deal with 

20 minutes ago, Steptide said:

All our hope lies in the hands of stidham 

Ehh you never know what can happen.  if Lamar can play, Ravens could take Cincy in Wild Card

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

So your argument is there were teams not trying to win? I'm sure the NFL would love to hear that. Not a valid excuse. Adding an extra team is good for everyone and takes away the bye which nobody rightfully earned 

YES, that is my argument.  Once they thought they were done or their position couldn't change based on the outcome of week 17 games....the TITANS for example, before the Bills/Bengals game, had a situation where week 17 was meaningless because their week 18 matchup was a win and in, no matter what happend in week 17.  IF they had known the 8th spot was possible, then week 17 isn't meaningless to them.

The Raiders might not have been inclined to pull the plug on Carr IF they thought the 8th playoff spot was possible.  Not that Stidham did bad...he did well, but with the season still alive for them, they might not have made the change....maybe they go on more 4th downs knowing they weren't dead yet....lots of things could have been different.

For some reason I don’t care about any of this. I just don’t think it matters. Hell, give us the 3 seed. The Bills are going to win out and win it all, no matter who is in front of them or where they play.

No other team can manufacture the pure passion they will be playing with. I think we steamroll our way to the Lombardi with Damar in attendance for the big one, hopefully sooner.

24 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Can teams vote against this?  How many votes are needed?

Perhaps team owners for KC, CIN, BUF, BAL vote against this? 

vote against what, and why? The scenario of neutral site is the best possible outcome out there for all involved. Why would WE want to vote against this? There isn't a better alternative.

All things considered with this crazy, unfortunate, freak situation...if the Raiders can upset the Chiefs and we take care of business Sunday then we get the 1 seed and homefield throughout. A very realistic situation. 

Edited by PaattMaann

10 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Logically it will be a NFC team to make it more "neutral". 

Reconsidering Dallass would be a good choice if the Cowpokes were not in playoffs.

New Orleans maybe.  Someplace with lots of hotel rooms in short notice.

We have spoken about dressing rooms on the road in the NFL being inferior and outdated quite a bit this season at Two Bills Drive.  A newer facility with two quality dressing rooms would be fair and important.

Here are the dates the options for stadiums opened...

Atlanta - 2017

Dallas - 2009

Indy - 2008

New Orleans - 1975 (Hurricane Katrina was 2005 - stadium was probably repaired and possibly upgraded)

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

We don't know the details on what other scenarios were considered

I've been reading on here and on twitter all of the scenarios all week long and nothing even remotely comes close to the fairness of this solution. Got a better idea?

37 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Can teams vote against this?  How many votes are needed?

Perhaps team owners for KC, CIN, BUF, BAL vote against this? 

Yes. They need 9 votes to reject this proposal. If they vote purely out of selfishness, there’s a pretty easy case to be made for KC and Cinci voting against it. They’ll need to find 7 other teams that aren’t really impacted by this but don’t want it to happen anyways (maybe because they simply don’t believe in changing the rules midseason).

So if I’m reading the Baltimore-Cinci part of this correctly, Cinci has clinched the division due to the cancelled game. But a coin flip will determine who hosts a playoff game if these two teams meet. So I’m the unlikely scenario where Cinci is the 3 seed and Baltimore is the 6 seed and both teams advance to the AFC Title game, Baltimore could theoretically host that game at home after winning on the road to get there. Weird stuff. 

Edited by DCOrange

4 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Yes. They need 9 votes to reject this proposal. If they vote purely out of selfishness, there’s a pretty easy case to be made for KC and Cinci voting against it. They’ll need to find 7 other teams that aren’t really impacted by this but don’t want it to happen anyways (maybe because they simply don’t believe in changing the rules midseason).

So if I’m reading the Baltimore-Cinci part of this correctly, Cinci has clinched the division due to the cancelled game. But a coin flip will determine who hosts a playoff game if these two teams meet. So I’m the unlikely scenario where Cinci is the 3 seed and Baltimore is the 6 seed and both teams advance to the AFC Title game, Baltimore could theoretically host that game at home after winning on the road to get there. Weird stuff. 

I think the Balt/Cinci coin flip only applies to the wild card round

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.