Week 18: Pats at Bills, Sunday 1/8 1pm

YoloinOhio

I’m sure this has been mentioned somewhere, but I think that on the Bills first play on defense, they should line up with only ten players, leaving Hamlin’s safety spot empty, then call a timeout to bring on the 11th player. I think that would be an awesome tribute for Hamlin!

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Special K said:

I’m sure this has been mentioned somewhere, but I think that on the Bills first play on defense, they should line up with only ten players, leaving Hamlin’s safety spot empty, then call a timeout to bring on the 11th player. I think that would be an awesome tribute for Hamlin!

Great idea and brings with it a question I've been afraid to ask...who steps in for Hamlin going forward?

6 minutes ago, Special K said:

Redskins did that for Sean Taylor , it was actually against the Bills too. They ran the play though and Fred Jackson got a 15-20 yard run but he passed, RIP legend and Hamlin is still here and can have a great future.

I'm sure Buf has a few things planned in honor of Damar and the 1st responders

2 hours ago, Success said:

The Pats have a top 5 defense, the GOAT coach, and they have played pretty much every team tough this year. Take away 2 bad plays (Raiders & Cincy), and a bad call (Minnesota), and they could easily be 11-5 right now.

The Bills secondary is also pretty banged up.  This game isn't a foregone conclusion.

With the high emotion level and with the team super focused I expect a thorough beat down by the Bills.  I am also dreading when/if someone gets hurt in the game.. I think both teams will hold their breaths until that person gets up or gives a thumbs up.. (and that’s no matter which team it is on! I think both teams are praying and hoping this is the rare game where no one needs help getting off the  field.)

2 hours ago, Greg S said:

Didn't the Bills have two no punt games against the Pats defense. I get the "any given Sunday" scenario, but I would be shocked if the Bills lose.

That was last year, and years don’t translate.  That said I am definitely expecting a spanking by the Bills this game.

If we are up like 21-0 by the end of first quarter, I would trust the D and begin resting starters. 

**Alternatively, if Baltimore is up 21-0 by the end of first quarter, and we are in a tight contest, I would risk resting starters and hoping Baltimore holds on. I would like to get NE in the postseason by any means necessary. 

**Obviously this is only if KC wins Saturday. 

1 minute ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

If we are up like 21-0 by the end of first quarter, I would trust the D and begin resting starters. 

**Alternatively, if Baltimore is up 21-0 by the end of first quarter, and we are in a tight contest, I would risk resting starters and hoping Baltimore holds on. I would like to get NE in the postseason by any means necessary. 

No to the Baltimore up 21-0 scenario.  Cinci was down 17-0 to TB a couple of weeks ago.......TB>the current Ravens

1 minute ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

I have to believe with Damar in the ICU there is not going to be a lot of thought about resting players.

They are going to push to win this game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.