Playoff Solutions Assuming they don’t replay the Bengals game.

Locomark

3 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Sounds like the resolution they're working towards is making the most reasonable of a suboptimal situation. Given the Bills had a terrible event out of their control occur and this is on the table- I'd take it. At least the Bills don't get "boned" completely like could have happened.

As said, for all intents and purposes we have lost at the Bengals. We have no control over the number one seed through no fault of our own and the benefits which go with it.

(Well, I guess it is our fault to an extent; if we hadn't lost to the Jets or Vikings...)

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

This seems the most fair of all the options.

Sure, I'm guessing KC still gets the 1 seed if they go by winning percentages, but to give both home field AND the bye to a team that received it based on a traumatic event causing a game to be canceled is far too much of a gift in a league based on performance based results. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I never thought the league would seriously consider adding an 8th seed in all of the scenarios being discussed. But, if they go that route in the interest of fairness, shouldn't they also add an 8th seed to the NFC side of the bracket? Otherwise, you will give 1 team in the entire field a bye. 

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Cotton Fitzsimmons said:

I never thought the league would seriously consider adding an 8th seed in all of the scenarios being discussed. But, if they go that route in the interest of fairness, shouldn't they also add an 8th seed to the NFC side of the bracket? Otherwise, you will give 1 team in the entire field a bye. 

Any of the scenarios are pretty wild but adding an 8 seed to the AFC side seems like the whackiest.

• Agree 1

Hmm, the game is likely to be considered or end up a no-contest game, with Buffalo and Cincy finishing with 16 games and Schefter is now reporting that one possible option is to have one of the playoff games (the championship game) be played at a neutral location.

I seem to remember someone starting a thread late Monday/early Tuesday, suggesting close to as much concerning the 16 games and a neutral site (second round) game, but within 10 minutes or so the whole thread was deleted and as usual without explanation.

I guess maybe I should have said DiMaggio?

Still, I would be sort of fine with what Schefter is saying, but there are seeming options for the residing number 1 which need to be a little more clear.

20 minutes ago, Cotton Fitzsimmons said:

If they add an 8th seed to each side, that will never go away is my prediction.  They will move to adopt that playoff format going forward.

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, SCBills said:

This seems the most fair of all the options.

Sure, I'm guessing KC still gets the 1 seed if they go by winning percentages, but to give both home field AND the bye to a team that received it based on a traumatic event causing a game to be canceled is far too much of a gift in a league based on performance based results. 

Especially when they already lost to both the teams involved in that game.

20 minutes ago, Cotton Fitzsimmons said:

Really, they should re-do the NFC bracket with Philly, San Francisco, Dallas, and Minnesota and then give them the Jets, Steelers, Patriots, and Titans.  That's a better bracket than the slop the B-conference is putting out there.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.