Week 17: Bills at Bengals on MNF

Beck Water

20 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

A few things that make me less confident. 

Cinci defense plays Mahomes exceptionally well. Think they will have a similar game plan to stop Allen especially his legs. 

Cinci has 3 very good WRs who are all excellent at catching contested balls. Chase is a threat at all times to take it to the house. 

Burrows is a big time elite player in big games. He's a winner. 

Why are we kissing this teams behind?

We beat KC on the road by 4, they beat KC by 3 at home.

They aren’t even masters of their own division, losing to Pittsburgh, Baltimore and Cleveland.

They score less than the Bills, they give up more points than the Bills and we sit here and just play foot stool to these guys.

I agree they are capable, but they’re chirping a lot and we have sell out fans that just agree with the media and them.

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

They aren’t even masters of their own division, losing to Pittsburgh, Baltimore and Cleveland.

They score less than the Bills, they give up more points than the Bills and we sit here and just play foot stool to these guys.

I agree they are capable, but they’re chirping a lot and we have sell out fans that just agree with the media and them.

Actually both fanbases generally each others team.  There are some on each side that act like fragile brats if they take a quote out of context or if a fellow fan compliments the other team, but those people are worthless and usually dont know football.

21 minutes ago, Bimmer323i said:

According to Joe Mixin the 11-4 3rd seed Bengals are the big dogs of the AFC and for anything that happens it’s gonna go through them… I didn’t know that… Did any of you guys know this????

It's only mentioned 500 times in this thread but not in a teenager manner.   Many actually read the entire conversation which included:

"We know what our end goal is and in order to get to that end goal we got to get through Buffalo," Mixon said.

Mixon praised Tremaine Edmunds and Matt Milano...

"The Bills, what better team would you be able to go up and put your best against?" Mixon said. "It's a great opportunity for us,  

21 minutes ago, Patrick Duffy said:

Pay what back? I'm not following you here...I wasn't under the impression any kind of "pay back" was needed 

How long you been a Bills fan?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Caesar said:

Actually both fanbases generally each others team.  There are some on each side that act like fragile brats if they take a quote out of context or if a fellow fan compliments the other team, but those people are worthless and usually dont know football.

Well the media is kissing Burrow’s rump, Skip is now proclaiming Burrow has surpassed Mahomes.

Your third WR is talking about how the Bills secondary is basic and not the best they’ve played.

Mixon is now chiming in that everything runs through Cincinnati now.

You score 26 ppg, your team give up 20 ppg. 

Nobody is scared of the Bengals. three teams in your own division have beaten you. 

2 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Well the media is kissing Burrow’s rump, Skip is now proclaiming Burrow has surpassed Mahomes.

Your third WR is talking about how the Bills secondary is basic and not the best they’ve played.

Nobody is scared of the Bengals. three teams in your own division have beaten you. 

Let's see how informed and emotionally intelligent you truly are...

Skip Bayless is an idiot, everyone knows this, but you, you get upset? 

Bengals 3rd WR would be the Bill's #2, and Boyd said that the secondary runs a basic scheme when asked about coverage compared to the exotics the Bengals have been facing.  Boyd said the Bills did not need to do things outside of their scheme because they are very good... it was a compliment.  

I have posted Mixon's full quotes 20 times on this message board... but here are some highlights, because it is obvious you are not interested in looking into topics that you like to chirp about hoping to get others to be as emotionally fragile as you.

.    "We know what our end goal is and in order to get to that end goal we got to get through Buffalo," Mixon said. 

.     Mixon praised Tremaine Edmunds and Matt Milano...

.    "The Bills, what better team would you be able to go up and put your best against?" Mixon said. "It's a great opportunity for us

No one has said the Bills should be scared, just the tiniest amount of intelligence would reveal that Mixon's comments inferred that the Bengals are not scared of the Bills, who have the best record and is an excellent team.

Do better Buck.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Caesar said:

Is this satire?

"They're not like Miami with timing routes".   90% of the Bengals passing offense is timing routes, Burrow has the second fastest release by 1/10th of a second to Brady for a reason.

"They're more like having a few Gabe Daviseseses as well."  Bengals have the best WR room in the NFL.

"Chase can't run a full route tree and could be taken out by tough coverage".   Chase is an elite route runner, touted as the best  in a long time coming out of college.  You think Chase doesn't get "tough coverage" every game?

"Higgins is as effective for them as Gabe Davis is for us."   Tee already has over 1000 yds receiving this season.  He is rated as a #1 receiver, while many here do not consider Gabe a solid #2....

Did I just fall for a satire post?

Yes, Bengals fan here.  Our fanbase has always like the Bills.  I see a lot of hate here though... big game and potential rivalry does that I guess?   

No doubt Lamar and Josh have different styles, but containing the pocket and spying is the same concept on D.  We are terrible on QB run design plays, way worse than scrambles.  This will e a huge test for the Bengals.  Biggest game of the season.  I'll be there Monday, should be a great one.

Agree with this.  Bengals recievers are elite, probably best in the league.  Our D has to step up big.  Curious what our plan is.

Hope Tre uses this game to round out into form.

The reason imo Josh is best in the league is that he does more with less.  Our only weapon is Diggs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, GETTOTHE50 said:

I hate this give that bengals fan any attention, but he is insufferable af and should gtfo

Again with the fragility?  I am simply providing context to all the whining bout partial quotes by Bengals players in which they are really complimentary.  Our team and fanbase have a great amount of respect for the Bills.  You havent seen me make one negative comment regarding your players or coaches, nor have I said the Bengals are better.   You would rather not hear the truth and just be mad of quotes taken out of context?  

11 minutes ago, Patrick Duffy said:

almost 40 years.....

If you're talking about the Dalton TD in 2017 that helped Bills into playoffs.....why would any kind of "pay back" be needed? 

I bet you are real fun at parties.  It was a joke.  Maybe change your avatar to JR?

3 minutes ago, Caesar said:

I bet you are real fun at parties.  It was a joke.  Maybe change your avatar to JR?

Hard to tell you were joking when you can't see that a comment 2 Bengals players made is clearly easy to interpret as disrespectful when it's right in front of you. Can be difficult to tell when you make a bad attempt to make a joke. 

• Eyeroll 1

12 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Agree with this.  Bengals recievers are elite, probably best in the league.  Our D has to step up big.  Curious what our plan is.

The reason imo Josh is best in the league is that he does more with less.  Our only weapon is Diggs.

Josh's arm with our WR's and his run game would be unfair.  He and Burrow seem to have a great friendship.

Just now, Patrick Duffy said:

Hard to tell you were joking when you can't see that a comment 2 Bengals players made is clearly easy to interpret as disrespectful when it's right in front of you. Can be difficult to tell when you make a bad attempt to make a joke. 

I'm sorry you missed the joke.   If you still think the players were disrespecting the Bills I totally understand why you missed the joke.

3 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Bengals 3rd WR would be the Bill's #2, and Boyd said that the secondary runs a basic scheme when asked about coverage compared to the exotics the Bengals have been facing.  Boyd said the Bills did not need to do things outside of their scheme because they are very good... it was a compliment.  

I have posted Mixon's full quotes 20 times on this message board... but here are some highlights, because it is obvious you are not interested in looking into topics that you like to chirp about hoping to get others to be as emotionally fragile as you.

.    "We know what our end goal is and in order to get to that end goal we got to get through Buffalo," Mixon said. 

.    "The Bills, what better team would you be able to go up and put your best against?" Mixon said. "It's a great opportunity for us

No one has said the Bills should be scared, just the tiniest amount of intelligence would reveal that Mixon's comments inferred that the Bengals are not scared of the Bills, who have the best record and is an excellent team.

Do better Buck.

Okay I’ll just lower my head and walk home.

Everything the Bengals have said are back handed BS compliments.

Read Boyd’s statement again “not the best Bengals have seen”.

You can bake a great pie, but if you put a dog turd in one slice it’s not a compliment.

Same with Mixon, they’re good … but not as a good as the Ravens.

Boyd is writing checks that Chase and Higgins will try and cash.

Same with Joe Mixon. Your own fans were up in arms after your 4-4 start and getting blasted in Cleveland on Halloween. 

You don’t know anything about me, but I can tell you I listen to a boatload of 1530 AM Cincinnati - Mo Eger, Dave Laptham, Dan Hoard, Lance McCalister, let alone all the guys on 1410 who cover Bengals and Browns. 

You come up here on a Bills board and try to educate Bills fans about your team and football. 

Where is your PhD Buck?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Okay I’ll just lower my head and walk home.

Everything the Bengals have said are back handed BS compliments.

Read Boyd’s statement again “not the best Bengals have seen”.

You can bake a great pie, but if you put a dog turd in one slice it’s not a compliment.

Same with Mixon, they’re good … but not as a good as the Ravens.

Boyd is writing checks that Chase and Higgins will try and cash.

Same with Joe Mixon. Your own fans were up in arms after your 4-4 start and getting blasted in Cleveland on Halloween. 

You don’t know anything about me, but I can tell you I listen to a boatload of 1530 AM Cincinnati - Mo Eger, Dave Laptham, Dan Hoard, Lance McCalister, let alone all the guys on 1410 who cover Bengals and Browns. 

You come up here on a Bills board and try to educate Bills fans about your team and football. 

Where is your PhD Buck?

Mixon was referring to the LBs not the team.  The Ravens are very strong vs us against our run game, Joe in particular.

Boyd has made the comment about the Bills secondary multiple times - saying they dont need to run exotics because the Bills are good.  When asked about the CBs he said they are not the best we have seen.  Do you disagree?  Do you think White and the revolving door on the other side are tops in the league?  (We really wanted Elam surprised he hasnt played more?)

If the Bills go 4-4 this place would explode.  Im not educating just bringing the entire conversation while some are getting upset and offended by partial quotes.

Cleveland on Halloween was bad, but we had issues on that day.  1st game Chase was out, LT was playing on a dislocated kneecap and a few hours before the game the team was informed that a young assistant coach had died (Zimmer's son).

• Shocked 1
  • Dislike 1

32 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Do better Buck.

Great post! A little honesty goes a long way in my book. Very well done. 

Some people clearly have agendas to attack posters who don't "tow the company line."

• Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

35 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

We already played the best WR in the league, it isn’t Chase or Higgins.

1 hour ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

How am I missing the other team's behind?

Are you implying I'm a "sell out fan?"

Come on man you gotta be better than that. 

Just now, newcam2012 said:

Great post! A little honesty goes a long way in my book. Very well done. 

Some people clearly have agendas to attack posters who don't "tow the company line."

Didn’t attack anyone, but this no different than Patriots fans coming on Bills message boards to educate Bills fans on football over the years. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Caesar said:

Is this satire?

"They're not like Miami with timing routes".   90% of the Bengals passing offense is timing routes, Burrow has the second fastest release by 1/10th of a second to Brady for a reason.

"They're more like having a few Gabe Daviseseses as well."  Bengals have the best WR room in the NFL.

"Chase can't run a full route tree and could be taken out by tough coverage".   Chase is an elite route runner, touted as the best  in a long time coming out of college.  You think Chase doesn't get "tough coverage" every game?

"Higgins is as effective for them as Gabe Davis is for us."   Tee already has over 1000 yds receiving this season.  He is rated as a #1 receiver, while many here do not consider Gabe a solid #2....

Did I just fall for a satire post?

Yes, Bengals fan here.  Our fanbase has always like the Bills.  I see a lot of hate here though... big game and potential rivalry does that I guess?   

No doubt Lamar and Josh have different styles, but containing the pocket and spying is the same concept on D.  We are terrible on QB run design plays, way worse than scrambles.  This will e a huge test for the Bengals.  Biggest game of the season.  I'll be there Monday, should be a great one.

Cinci isn't that good. Sorry not wasting. My time for Cincinnati. I hate that city. It's gross af and Ohio should sell it to Kentucky.

My point on Miami timing wasn't an insult. Miami must have timing to succeed. Cinci is good without it but they can't be beat.

Higgins is cool. Beasley had 1000 yards once too. But it doesn't do much for the Bengals.

Chase is in the shadow of diggs, Jefferson, brown and many others. His big mouth is why we know him

Cincinnati is just Middletown with more people. 

Edited by boyst
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

We already played the best WR in the league, it isn’t Chase or Higgins.

Chase plus Higgins plus Boyd my friend.   It's arguable but it's not crazy to say they're #1.   And I think Hill is by far the biggest game changer in the league. 

Should be a great game.  We'll finally see if Frazier is worthy of a head coach position.   I believe he has the personnel to slow them down enough though I feel this game ultimately will fall on Josh.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Caesar said:

It's only mentioned 500 times in this thread but not in a teenager manner.   Many actually read the entire conversation which included:

"We know what our end goal is and in order to get to that end goal we got to get through Buffalo," Mixon said.

Mixon praised Tremaine Edmunds and Matt Milano...

"The Bills, what better team would you be able to go up and put your best against?" Mixon said. "It's a great opportunity for us,  

How long you been a Bills fan?

Regardless of he said she said I think there a cocky arrogant bunch and I hope we blow those ****ers off the field Monday night and I’m confident in our team and Josh Allen that we will…..

• Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Didn’t attack anyone, but this no different than Patriots fans coming on Bills message boards to educate Bills fans on football over the years. 

I think they are completely separate issues. I welcome other fan bases to the board. So long as they are respectful; it's always good to get other viewpoints. I didn't see where Cesar was disrespectful or unprofessional. A little more humility might go a long way. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I think they are completely separate issues. I welcome other fan bases to the board. So long as they are respectful; it's always good to get other viewpoints. I didn't see where Cesar was disrespectful or unprofessional. A little more humility might go a long way. 

I tried to join the Bengals board to talk about the SB last year and they threw me out when they learned that I am not a Bengals fan. And I live in Cincinnati. Our board has the most open policy of every board in the NFL when it comes to opposing fans and outright trolls. It’s both a strength and a weakness.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Process said:

The amount I'm betting on the Bills moneyline continues to go up. 

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH blahblahblah

@-@ 

what's that smell? Oh its just joe mixons Hot Air.😲

4 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I tried to join the Bengals board to talk about the SB last year and they threw me out when they learned that I am not a Bengals fan. And I live in Cincinnati. Our board has the most open policy of every board in the NFL when it comes to opposing fans and outright trolls. It’s both a strength and a weakness.

well other teams fans that bother to come here better be smart or they will be dispelled. Come correct or get Out.

Edited by muppy

24 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Except the Patriots actually won something

Yeah and those same fans now are entitled, petulant, cry babies who boo their team and leave games early.

Aka as soon as the winning stopped, you don’t hear their mouths anymore.

For years you heard about that diehard fan base.

Because they followed the team or happened to grow up near Foxboro they “knew what good football looked like” and they had a “standard” that the team had to meet.

As soon as they lost their QB they became the same as every other middling franchise.

Think these same fans were going on other teams boards in 2019 and running their mouths when that franchise was on its way to the worst record in the league?

Same internet, same websites. Crickets.

15 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Sorry his premise is BS.

That Boyd and Mixon are complimenting the Bills.

Sorry, you run your mouth and say it all runs through Cincinnati now and the Bills are good but not the best we’ve faced, there is no compliment there.

Its the definition of bulletin board material.

Don’t expect them to kiss the Bills behinds, but they clearly are talking smack. 

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Yeah and those same fans now are entitled, petulant, cry babies who boo their team and leave games early.

Aka as soon as the winning stopped, you don’t hear their mouths anymore.

For years you heard about that diehard fan base.

Because they followed the team or happened to grow up near Foxboro they “knew what good football looked like” and they had a “standard” that the team had to meet.

As soon as they lost their QB they became the same as every other middling franchise.

Think these same fans were going on other teams boards in 2019 and running their mouths when that franchise was on its way to the worst record in the league?

Same internet, same websites. Crickets.

I live in Cincinnati. Most people didn’t care about the Bengals until last year. The stadium was half empty until they started winning last year. Now every main street corner has a guy selling knock off Bengals gear. Also, the Reds play in front of an empty stadium. Fair weather fans indeed.

• Like (+1) 1

Look, I thank Cincinnati Bengals for bailing us out to end our playoff drought. And we rewarded them with a weakened opponent (Kansas City Chiefs) in their playoff match up to get to the Super Bowl.

Debt is paid in full.

That's in the past now. Let them keep running their mouths. I noticed that WE haven't done any trash talking. We're actually nice and complimentary and we should always do that.

Let them keep talking. It will back fire on Monday night.

Edited by Buffalo Ballin
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Patrick Duffy said:

It's kinda weird isn't it....I don't recall these types of statements before their game vs KC. And yet they haven't played the Bills in quite a while to know enough about Bills. Certainly not enough to say some of these things....at least that's what I think

It’s like the bengals were coached up to disrespect the bills. They think it’ll get in the players heads and take them off their game?

@nbbillsfan

I think it is a combination of  the bengals talking smack out their behinds to attempt to throw buffalo off of their game. Well what the reality is that all this rhetoric they are spewing mean absolutely squat. ON THE FIELD they will need to deal with our Linebacking corp Up Close and Personal. And I hope we smack them in their trash talking mouths. When and where it counts.

9 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

I have to take a moment to comment about the upcoming game Monday.

The reality is that 2 very good football teams are going head-to-head with the outcome extremely important not only for the 2 teams

playing the game but for the KC Chiefs and the Baltimore Ravens too.

I want to take this moment to comment at the way games like this are viewed compared to many years ago when I started watching football.

In the past, this game would get "hyped" for the importance of the game.  Fans and sportswriters would comment on its importance

and talk about how great it will be to actually "watch the game and see what happens".

Today, it seems to me, all that has changed.  It's all about trying to prove, one way or another, ahead of time what the outcome will be through a

myriad of stats and projections and I'm sorry to say "bullcrap".  I for one, prefer to sit back and wait for these 2 talented teams to

fight it out and enjoy the game for what it is, a great football game.  Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only one who still thinks this way?

I will add one more thing.   It's awesome that my hometown team is involved in this game!

Go Bills!

Happy New Year!

Happy new year to you too in fair Colorado.

I want to expand on your post. Talking about player matchups is fair game. But as we both know if games were meant to be played on paper than allll those stats might have some validity in helping determine who might win and why. 

But the truth is that gamedays are a unique in as much as whatever the happens on the field and ultimately Scoreboard at the end is what really matters. Any given Sunday for a team to play their hearts out WIN by makin more plays than the other team. All the rhetoric and trying to "Prove" who WILL win is an exercise in futility. That is precisely why I take all that with a grain of salt. Any given Sunday

Game days can be stressful but they are oh so much fun. Between the lines and dominating is what we all want to see on Monday. BRING IT

But even if the Bills don't win in cinci they are still In the Playoffs as AFC _East Champs. Im buckled in for the duration no matter what

GO BILLS

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Caesar said:

What?

not hard to understand. it is pretty easy to not say something like “they ain’t the ravens” or “they aren’t the best secondary we have seen”. These are veteran players, they would know whether they should or should not be dropping bulletin board material (even if it is mixed in with some praise. My guess is that players and/or coaches feel that on this matchup it is on their best interest to be cocky/disrespectful of the opponent.

31 minutes ago, nbbillsfan said:

not hard to understand. it is pretty easy to not say something like “they ain’t the ravens” or “they aren’t the best secondary we have seen”. These are veteran players, they would know whether they should or should not be dropping bulletin board material (even if it is mixed in with some praise. My guess is that players and/or coaches feel that on this matchup it is on their best interest to be cocky/disrespectful of the opponent.

The problem is their defense needs to be the cocky ***** talkers. It's almost always the case but our defense is a bend don't break and bring the smack on the field type. They play to their opponents a lot, too. To have motivation for Shaq, Phillips, Oliver, Milano or Poyer is powerful.

To get in the head of the offense is going to do a lot more.  They're younger and impressionable - Davis, McKenzie, etc.

1 hour ago, FrenchConnection said:

Agree, I have lived south of Dayton since 2013.

I’ve watched the rise of the Dalton era, watched the build a secondary full of first rounders - Hall, Newman, Nelson, Pac Man, Taylor Mays.

Watched them build a WR group with Sanu, Marvin Jones, how they could have been even scarier with an healthy Eifert, and they got worse when they left in FA, leaving Boyd. 

So when I get told I don’t know anything, maybe if you were talking other franchises they’d be right.

But I’ve lived all over Ohio since 2007, so I know the Browns and Bengals very well. I listen to a ton of local radio.

And you’re right, that stadium was empty, you could give away tickets. I’ve been there. 

So no disrespect in that sense to their fans, they hadn’t won a Playoff game since 1990 before last year. You get a true franchise QB, I get it, get excited.

But now you’re going on other teams message boards? And I’m supposed to clap like a seal? No.

3 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I wouldn’t call it fear the bills, fear, nobody I do think there should be a healthy amount of respect

All the talk is just hot air. The Bills currently possess the playoff equivalent of a Wonka Golden Ticket- the #1 overall seed in the AFC. They have what every team covets, and they must fend off all challengers. Simple as that. The opponent can talk all they want - Allen and Co.have to get the job done. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

46 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

All the talk is just hot air. The Bills currently possess the playoff equivalent of a Wonka Golden Ticket- the #1 overall seed in the AFC. They have what every team covets, and they must fend off all challengers. Simple as that. The opponent can talk all they want - Allen and Co.have to get the job done. 

"Hatin' on the Bills then you way off...

Talk is cheap, meet us in the playoffs..."

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.