Week 17: Bills at Bengals on MNF

Beck Water

38 minutes ago, Mango said:

Eh, maybe. I don't exactly know how to qualify that but I will say....Josh Allen set the bar for himself at the end of last season and in the playoffs. For better or worse that is his measuring stick now. He hasn't played to that standard in some time. 

Neither has Gabe Davis

• Agree 1

Just now, Mark Vader said:

I'll put it this way.

If Josh Allen played for the Patriots*, the sports media would be bowing down before him.

We have been SB favorites for quite some time . The Buffalo Bills SB status and odds have been part of every nationally syndicated sports shows schedule for months. All of these talking head shows need conflict. Nick Wright has taken the role of the WWF heel for Bills fans and it plays off other talking heads. Skip Bayless loves the Cowboys and Brady, I don't think Shannon Sharp hates either. But somebody has to take the opposite side. I don't know what the expectation is, every show to unanimously anoint the Bills?

I find Nick Wright annoying, but I don't think he is far off here. QB play has not met the standard that JA17 set at the end of last regular/post season and early this season. I don't particularly care if he is fellating Josh and I don't get the sense that the Bills have not been given enough respect by sports journalism at scale.

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Mango said:

We have been SB favorites for quite some time . The Buffalo Bills SB status and odds have been part of every nationally syndicated sports shows schedule for months. All of these talking head shows need conflict. Nick Wright has taken the role of the WWF heel for Bills fans and it plays off other talking heads. Skip Bayless loves the Cowboys and Brady, I don't think Shannon Sharp hates either. But somebody has to take the opposite side. I don't know what the expectation is, every show to unanimously anoint the Bills?

I find Nick Wright annoying, but I don't think he is far off here. QB play has not met the standard that JA17 set at the end of last regular/post season and early this season. I don't particularly care if he is fellating Josh and I don't get the sense that the Bills have not been given enough respect by sports journalism at scale.

It's true that Josh Allen is not having the same year as he did as last year, and if that merits criticism, fine.

There are people out there who do give the Bills praise as a team too.

The thing is that when Allen makes a mistake it is highlighted and is pointed out every which way possible. Front page story.

Mahomes makes a mistake, and it's posted along with the liquor ads.

They don't have to gush over Allen and the Bills, just keep it even. They are not the only team and player that has made mistakes this year.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4

27 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

It's true that Josh Allen is not having the same year as he did as last year, and if that merits criticism, fine.

There are people out there who do give the Bills praise as a team too.

The thing is that when Allen makes a mistake it is highlighted and is pointed out every which way possible. Front page story.

Mahomes makes a mistake, and it's posted along with the liquor ads.

They don't have to gush over Allen and the Bills, just keep it even. They are not the only team and player that has made mistakes this year.

Mahomes was criticized for some bad play recently when he threw a bunch of picks. 3 in one game I think

2 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Where’s the bias against Allen exactly? 

1 hour ago, AlfaBill said:

Where did you hear the narrative against Josh in that clip

It's more Nick Wright overall being a heel for clickbait. Basically, anything that is a threat to Chiefs dominance sets him off. The man has argued that Josh is an below average QB and that Tua/Herbert/Lawrence should be in the Pro bowl over Allen

10 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Nice idea but the Chiefs play the Wilsonettes ...

Best chance for the Broncos to upset the Chiefs this weekend was firing Hackett.  Now everyone on that roster is on alert.  One of two things will happen -- they'll be super motivated, or go completely in the tank.  No in-between.

Don't get me wrong, KC is still likely to win by double digits, but if you're looking for straws to grasp...

• Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Nice idea but the Chiefs play the Wilsonettes ...

Mahomes tried to give the game away to the Broncos a few weeks ago when they played...they led 27-0 and then 3 INTs later KC was hanging on for dear life 34-28, including the last one giving the Broncos the ball back near midfield after the return late in the 4th with a chance to win the game...then Russ returned the favor and threw a pick back and they ran out the rest of the clock.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Right ... Texans should have beaten the Chiefs which would have been crazier.

And the pats

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Mahomes tried to give the game away to the Broncos a few weeks ago when they played...they led 27-0 and then 3 INTs later KC was hanging on for dear life 34-28, including the last one giving the Broncos the ball back near midfield after the return late in the 4th with a chance to win the game...then Russ returned the favor and threw a pick back and they ran out the rest of the clock.

And Russ got KO’d and the broncos had to finish with Rypien .

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

And the pats

And Russ got KO’d and the broncos had to finish with Rypien .

Oh that's right!  Russ actually looked pretty good in that game once they started coming back...they might have won that game if he was able to finish it...

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.