Dolphins at Pats

Greg S

10 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I cant believe people are still afraid of the Pats.  They have a garbage team and their coach isnt changing that with Mac Jones at QB.  Their coach also sucks as a GM.  Im also beginning to think the coach isnt the greatest of all time either.  Look at their clown show coaching staff.  No greatest coach of all time puts together that clown show.

Who haven't they played tough this year?  Probably should have beat the Raiders, probably should have beat Cincy, probably should have beat Minnesota.  

They're not garbage.  The defense is top 5 and capable of keeping any game close.  No, thanks - I don't want to see them in the playoffs.

16 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I cant believe people are still afraid of the Pats.  They have a garbage team and their coach isnt changing that with Mac Jones at QB.  Their coach also sucks as a GM.  Im also beginning to think the coach isnt the greatest of all time either.  Look at their clown show coaching staff.  No greatest coach of all time puts together that clown show.

Duly noted, but I think this Miami loss is going to bother Tua and get his head messed up and he'll face a Defense more aggressive than yesterday. The weather shouldn't be a factor, but I got a feelin the hoodie's gonna make it a bad day for the fish.

1 hour ago, HaldimandBills said:

We are finishing 1st or 3rd. We will not finish 2nd. Therefore we either get the bye week or play Baltimore or the Chargers.

Anyone cheering for the Patriots to be the sacrificial lamb for either the Bengals or Chiefs is a fool. 

Miami can at least put a scare into either of those teams and Hill has extra motivation to go off vs. Kansas City. 

A big part of why Mahomes played so damn well against last year is because he played Pittsburgh the week before instead of the Chargers. I dont want KC or Cincinnati having a freebie in the first round. That is exactly what the Patriots are. A freebie. Sure their defense might do enough to keep the game close for a bit but everyone knows that offense is going to implode

Miami can at least quick strike and put some fear into both those team's and not have them looking ahead to the 2nd round where they can prepare for Buffalo two weeks in advance.

You seem to have a pretty strong opinion here which is nice, but it doesn't mean that anyone who disagrees with you is a fool. People who think that their opinions are fact are generally the fools themselves.  Personally, I think the Dolphins are a tougher match up for the Bills than the Chiefs are right now. 

But that's like, my opinion, man. 

56 minutes ago, Success said:

Who haven't they played tough this year?  Probably should have beat the Raiders, probably should have beat Cincy, probably should have beat Minnesota.  

They're not garbage.  The defense is top 5 and capable of keeping any game close.  No, thanks - I don't want to see them in the playoffs.

Ok they arent garbage.  They are the Bills of the 7-9 / 9-7 era.  I havent worried about the Pats for years.  The Bills have owned them outside of hurricane wind day.  If you dont want to see the Pats in the playoffs then you dont want to see anyone.  The Jets defense is great.  The Miami offense is capable of putting up a ton of points.  The Bengals are comparable to the Bills that have both a good offense and defense.  The Chiefs I dont need to explain. The Chargers are capable of pouring it on.

There is literally no team you want to see in the playoffs if the ghost of once a dynasty but havent been anywhere close to that in years is what you are worried about.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

Are people really saying they’d rather play Miami in the playoffs than New England?  Wow

It's not that outrageous.  Is Miami really that much better than NE?  They do have the same record right now.  One has a better offense, one has a better defense. Both are division rivals.  

EDIT:  sorry, my mistake - they don't have the same record. But easily could after Sunday. I don't think there is a huge gap between those teams.

Edited by Success

5 minutes ago, Success said:

It's not that outrageous.  Is Miami really that much better than NE?  They do have the same record right now.  One has a better offense, one has a better defense. Both are division rivals.  

EDIT:  sorry, my mistake - they don't have the same record. But easily could after Sunday. I don't think there is a huge gap between those teams.

I’d much rather play a team that can’t score.  

4 hours ago, Greg S said:

Go Pats. If one of these POS teams has to make the playoffs, then I hope it's the Pats. Their offense is poop. Miami can score. Also keep the Jets out. That defense to play against is a pain in the ass. Allen's two worst games this year came against the Jets.

None of them scare me, but I want the Jets to break the record for longest playoffless streak

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Success said:

Personally, I would rather play a team that cant score but has great defense then to play a team that has a high powered offense.  Our defense is good but they still have trouble stopping high powered offenses.  Id rather Josh figure out a stout defense and get some scores while our D keeps the other team from scoring than to end up in a shoot out.

10 minutes ago, Success said:

Miami matches up Against us much better than NE. I’d prefer to play NE any day of the week

3 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Personally, I would rather play a team that cant score but has great defense then to play a team that has a high powered offense.  Our defense is good but they still have trouble stopping high powered offenses.  Id rather Josh figure out a stout defense and get some scores while our D keeps the other team from scoring than to end up in a shoot out.

That's fair, and I get the fans who would rather face NE.   I do think coaching and defense become more prominent in the playoffs, but it's not like high-powered offenses haven't been successful.  

For me, it's probably just that there is too much mental baggage w/ Belichick.  I loved beating them like we did in the WC, but I didn't enjoy the day leading up to that.  I'd prefer (personally) to just have a playoff game without all of that.  He's more capable of getting a middlin' team to overachieve for a game than most other coaches in the league.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I would say Josh has figured out the Pats defense since we had a couple of no punt games against them.

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

You seem to have a pretty strong opinion here which is nice, but it doesn't mean that anyone who disagrees with you is a fool. People who think that their opinions are fact are generally the fools themselves.  Personally, I think the Dolphins are a tougher match up for the Bills than the Chiefs are right now. 

But that's like, my opinion, man. 

Its called hyperbole and its born out of my frustration of the Chiefs continously waltzing to the AFC Final with zero obstacles in their way outside the Bills last year. 

Chiefs easily have the worst defense of any AFC playoff team that isn't the Chargers. Miami is not a good match up for them. Give me Waddle and Hill against a rookie secondary all day vs. whatever the Patriots attempt to do.

The Jets become the most difficult opponent if they get White back at QB. Jets scare me more than Miami, simply because a grind-it-out game is almost inevitable with them regardless of the opponent.

Either way both the Dolphins and Jets you have to game plan for vs. the Patriots who will simply fall apart eventually offensively.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Success said:

Yes it is outrageous. New England has a God awful offense. Their defense hasnt shut down one decent offensive team all season unless you count the second half of last weeks Bengals game where Burrow went to sleep or the Lions. That Lions team is not the same team we have seen the past 7 weeks. The Patriots are essentially the same team as last year. The one the Bills obliterated. 

Miami is tumbling down the finish line but the threats are at least there with Hill and Waddle.

This isn't about who the Bills match up with worse. I personally believe neither New England or Miami comes into Buffalo and beats them. (Only the Jets could in the AFC East) This about who can give KC or Cincinnati an actual game with an outside chance at an upset. New England is well behind both Miami and the Jets in this case. At least in my humble opinion.

Edited by HaldimandBills

1 minute ago, HaldimandBills said:

Yes it is outrageous. New England has a God awful offense. Their defense hasnt shut down one decent offensive team all season unless you count the second half of last weeks Bengals game where Burrow went to sleep or the Lions. That Lions team is not the same team we have seen the past 7 weeks. They are essentially the same team as last year. The one the Bills obliterated. 

Miami is tumbling down the finish line but the threats are at least there with Hill and Waddle.

This isn't about who the Bills match up with worse. I personally believe neither New England or Miami comes into Buffalo and beats them. (Only the Jets could in the AFC East) This about who can give KC or Cincinnati an actual game with an outside chance at an upset. New England is well behind both Miami and the Jets in this case. At least in my humble opinion.

Don't forget about the Chargers. They always seem to give KC a game. Probably should have won the first game at Arrowhead.

46 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

Are people really saying they’d rather play Miami in the playoffs than New England?  Wow

Agree. It’s about matchups and the Bills matchup better with New England. Miami is capable of keeping it close and can score quickly with those WRs. Tua is what he is , but he’s better than Jones. 

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

Don't forget about the Chargers. They always seem to give KC a game. Probably should have won the first game at Arrowhead.

My dream would be a Chargers - Chiefs First Round Match Up. But alas the Chiefs will finish 2nd at worst and the Chargers are destined for 5th or 6th and they will avoid one another.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, HaldimandBills said:

Yes it is outrageous. New England has a God awful offense. Their defense hasnt shut down one decent offensive team all season unless you count the second half of last weeks Bengals game where Burrow went to sleep or the Lions. That Lions team is not the same team we have seen the past 7 weeks. The Patriots are essentially the same team as last year. The one the Bills obliterated. 

Miami and the Jefs are all around better teams, but the Pats pretty much had the Bengals beat this week until Stevensons fumble.  

4 hours ago, ControllerOfPlanetX said:

greatest coach ever*

* - with Tom Brady and clever video placement.

I don’t get the fans that are actually afraid of Bellycheat. His team blows. His QB blows. He’s old. The Bills owned them the past few years. Bring ‘em on. They’re crap. Jags, Jets with White are more dangerous

24 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Miami and the Jefs are all around better teams, but the Pats pretty much had the Bengals beat this week until Stevensons fumble.  

Did you watch that game or highlights? The Bengals killed them all

game. The Pats got lucky and still lost. They stink. Faak them forever and ever 

9 hours ago, nosejob said:

Duly noted, but I think this Miami loss is going to bother Tua and get his head messed up and he'll face a Defense more aggressive than yesterday. The weather shouldn't be a factor, but I got a feelin the hoodie's gonna make it a bad day for the fish.

Who gives a shite. They both stink. 

9 hours ago, Success said:

Almost this almost that. The Pats are garbage and the Bills will do what they did to them last year in the playoffs. Did they almost win that game as well? Lol. 

Edited by AlfaBill

9 hours ago, Success said:

We saw them in the playoffs last year at home and absolutely demolished them. And they had a top defense last year as well iirc and still hung a 40 burger on em.  Their offense is far worse this year than last year. As for the Dolphins, people saying Tua can play in bad weather don't remember the only bad weather came with 6 mins left in the 4th quarter. And with Tua getting another concussion, the league may bench him for his own good.  They may not even make the playoffs. The Jets bother me more than Miami. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.