Is the Winter Storm causing you to change your Christmas plans this year?

BillsPride12

9 minutes ago, Simon said:

Driving from NW Pennsylvania up to my son's house in Central Michigan early tomorrow morning.

Wind and snow can kiss my tailgate; I'm spending Christmas with my kids.

Good luck! Safe travels! I get wanting to be with family, but we will have to settle for different celebrations at different times with family. It’s not storm related, just life getting in the way. 

I’m watching webcams from Buffalo and it’s nasty looking. I didn’t mind that TOO much around town, but long distance always concerned me after a friend spent a night in his car after he slid off the road during a storm in Nowhereville, Ohio. After that my girlfriend bought me some blankets to keep in my trunk……just in case. 

13 minutes ago, Augie said:

long distance always concerned me after a friend spent a night in his car after he slid off the road during a storm in Nowhereville, Ohio. After that my girlfriend bought me some blankets to keep in my trunk……just in case. 

No worries; I'll have a beer cooler and extra cigars in case of emergency. :thumbsup:

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Simon said:

Driving from NW Pennsylvania up to my son's house in Central Michigan early tomorrow morning.

Good for you. Have fun and drive safe. 

And bring some blankets just in case.

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

We host both sides of our family.  One on Christmas Eve (cancelled) and one on Christmas Day (iffy at this point).  We may have 40 pounds of ham to freeze.

Eat some away. Stick some outside if you don't have room in freezer. Just make sure the critters or neighborhood stray don't get it. Hang it in a bear bag or put it up in the winter tree cache. 😉 

On 12/23/2022 at 3:53 PM, Simon said:

Luckily they don't live in WNY or you definitely would not be 😂

Yeah we had no choice but to cancel today’s party. We couldn’t leave our house even if we wanted to. Cars haven’t been able to drive down our street since Friday morning. The last SUV that attempted to drive down the street Friday evening is still stuck out in the street. It’ll be there for days yet. The entire street is solid snow.

Our cars are completely buried. I can’t even see our small SUV. No joke!

We just rescheduled the party to next week. We are bummed but at least we can reschedule it. I’m just thankful to be safe in a warm house! 

29 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Yeah we had no choice but to cancel today’s party. We couldn’t leave our house even if we wanted to. Cars haven’t been able to drive down our street since Friday morning. The last SUV that attempted to drive down the street Friday evening is still stuck out in the street. It’ll be there for days yet. The entire street is solid snow.

Our cars are completely buried. I can’t even see our small SUV. No joke!

We just rescheduled the party to next week. We are bummed but at least we can reschedule it. I’m just thankful to be safe in a warm house! 

I would like to see a picture of that if you could.

2 hours ago, TBBills said:

I would like to see a picture of that if you could.

AB9436B4-2D7B-4A54-BC9C-B6F18BF6E717.jpeg

that’s a picture of both cars in my driveway. You can’t really see either of them. Just the mirror of the first car (there’s another car behind it, in case you can’t see it 😂)

Edited by BillsFan4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.