Sean McDermott - master of the saying nothing

Dan Darragh

3 hours ago, QB Bills said:

You mean other than that time he blamed "execution" to hide from the fact his cowardice led to that disaster in KC 11 months ago?

We can never quench the thirst to constantly relive  this moment. Thanks for the memory. I had almost forgotten.

• Haha (+1) 1

Well not to high jack your thread but Josh did have a zipper of an answer after the Jets game.

Can't remember the exchange but.

Reporter: this offense really is not super bowl quality.

Josh. Simply said. Ok

This was one of those bang moments.

Drop the Mike and walk out the door.

4 hours ago, Whites Bay said:

I'm proud to say that - as a family - we've now gotten my 90-year-old Mom to take a rabid interest in the Bills.  And I mean RABID.  Her interest increases every season, and she looks great in the custom "MOM 90" jersey we bought her last year.

The reason I bring it up is a comment she made last year about the "Sean McDermott Show" (or whatever it's called) on local news a day or two before the game.  She got all excited that there was going to be some Bills discussion, some inside tidbits, some inkling about game-planning for the upcoming contest.

Nothing.  She called me after it was over and said "The man said nothing.  I didn't get anything out of that interview.  He spoke for 30 minutes and didn't say a thing."  That's right, Mom.  That's what he's paid to do in these interviews.  And anyone expecting anything different is in for a big disappointment.

Related note - I'm totally with those who find sideline reporters and their interviews to be pointless.  The only exceptions are the few times they actually bring an update on a recent (in-game) injury.

Sideline interviews are a joke

6 hours ago, Bray Wyatt said:

If you ever watch his GMFB spots, he doesnt even answer those questions! I laugh because he wouldnt even give them an answer on how he likes his wings 😄

I bet… lemme guess

there’s a number of ways you can like to have wings, it all comes down to execution, and we’ve got to do a better job..” 

9 hours ago, QB Bills said:

You mean other than that time he blamed "execution" to hide from the fact his cowardice led to that disaster in KC 11 months ago?

His cowardice?

Good thing you weren't around in the 1990s, or you would have demanded Marv be fired in 1994 for a fourth straight "disastrous" Super Bowl loss...

🙄

• Thank you (+1) 1

From day 1 McD's interviews have been a total waste of time.  He says nothing but typical monotone boring blah blah coachspeak, but in fairness to him its what he says to the players that really matters and he's pretty good in that regard.

When Beane is interviewed he tends to be more interesting, insightful, forthcoming, charismatic. 

I always tune into Beaners interviews but honestly I skip every postgame or pregame McD presser because there's simply no content. 

His inability to explain the 13 seconds was classic McD, at a time when he owed this fanbase an explanation he didnt have the ability to do it which was maddening because we had a clear path to the superbowl and he blew it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.