Can't-Miss Play: Josh Allen turns into the Flash on a 44-yard run

Punching Bag

That was title is of a video on Pro Football Reference site and cannot be directly linked.  I was not even looking for Josh Allen.

The author may not even know how close he is right.

Forget about DC movie version; they have been allowing filmmakers to make movies which have little resemblance to comics based on.

In the comics the Flash is a police scientist name Barry Allen  and wears a red uniform. 

That 44-yard run made in red uniform (turned out to be good decision) enabled Bills to win the game.

Allen is fast for a QB but not Lemur Jackson fast;; however maybe it was the field but he seemed to be running faster than other players who should have been able to catch him.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Hard with shorter legs.  

He is a free agent next year and it would not hurt for him to work with Don Beebe House of Speed which will teach him how to best utilize what he has.

Don was on a podcast on YouTube this week with prior guy who was in Bills front office ( sorry I forget name off top of my head ). It was a great interview. He said he ran his 40 in a pair of “ fishing shoes , one with a loose flap”.  Being from small school he had no agent , no new shoes , lucky to be at combine!  He ran with the defective shoes and later it was either polian who told him his time ( or a scout who ended up leaving him the stop watch he was timed with as sadly the guy passed and don still using that stop watch to time his players he coaches now!) and  Don said his time was 4.23 !   Beebe said he is mostly remembered for the Leon Lett play. Guy is amazingly humble and faith based!  Worth the 40 min listen. 👍🎄

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I’ve said it for years now. I’m guessing Josh was always the biggest kid on the playground and thus he runs with no fear. That trait was probably enhanced by playing at Wyoming as opposed to an SEC school against bigger faster defenders. It’s worked so far, but I’m praying he doesn’t take a big hit. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Limeaid said:

That was title is of a video on Pro Football Reference site and cannot be directly linked.  I was not even looking for Josh Allen.

The author may not even know how close he is right.

Forget about DC movie version; they have been allowing filmmakers to make movies which have little resemblance to comics based on.

In the comics the Flash is a police scientist name Barry Allen  and wears a red uniform. 

That 44-yard run made in red uniform (turned out to be good decision) enabled Bills to win the game.

Allen is fast for a QB but not Lemur Jackson fast;; however maybe it was the field but he seemed to be running faster than other players who should have been able to catch him.

I think it is #32 takes such a bad angle because he does not realize how fast Josh is. I watch Josh and I am amazed how he makes great athletes look pedestrian.

When he gets going, he's pretty fast.

Iirc, he's actually had the 'top speed' of any player on the odd weekend (probably going back a season or two).

Don't believe for a moment the combine 40 time - there is no way he isn't a lot quicker than that when it matters. 😀

8 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Josh outran 90% of the Fish D.  Just a sick, sick play.

Josh is WAY faster than he sometimes looks, because he is SO BIG with long legs and everything seems to move a bit slower...but he's flying.

And so many Bills fans want him to stop this sort of thing because he'll get hurt! 

Josh running is HALF of what makes this team a contender.

His arm is the other half.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

37 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

He ran fast as he was in a hurry to tell Fish fans to GO HOME

Was it true he said that because the fish fans were yelling obscenities at him?

Over on Miami's forums they are talking about how classless he is and then holding up Tua thanking BillsMafia for support for his charity after his concussion as a much "classier" QB. 😂

Edited by What a Tuel

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.