Kyler Murray - Torn ACL Confirmed

Draconator

1 hour ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

It looks like a lot of the QB's that got "big" contracts recently, are are not exactly living up to them so far;  Stafford, Murray, Wilson, Aaron Rodgers, Watson. I believe Lamar will be next. I am wondering what effect this will have on QB salaries, if any.

Stafford won a SB, Rodgers has lost a step and weapons, Watson, well too soon. Wilson, yikes who saw that coming? 

Lamar will get franchi$ed, maybe twice before moving on (like Cousins). Just another way of cashing big.

Hate to see injuries.  They can happen to anybody at anytime. 

That said, if I'm the Cardinals owner, I might consider doing my very best to blow the whole thing up and start from scratch.  Fire coach and GM, see about trading Murray (even if it means including picks/players based on his cap hit).  Honestly, the Murray deal was stupid to begin with.  It's almost as if fate intervened, giving ownership a difficult and uncomfortable way out of this mess.  The short term pain of blowing everything up would be considerable, but keeping Murray, Kingsburry etc. is a losing scenario over the long term.  Better to recognize the error now, deal with it at the expense of 2 bad seasons and emerge down as a potentially stronger team. 

Edited by saundena
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I am not sure the Cardinals are a bigger train wreck with or without Murray.  They should be able to find a decent fill in this offseason and figure it out from there.  It might be an opportunity to get some actual leadership at that position and an offensive design that can actually be executed.  Then again, Kliff Kingsbury is an idiot, so there is that.

Kingsbury talking about Kyler:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/12/13/kliff-kingsbury-confirms-kyler-murray-tore-his-acl-he-will-be-highly-motivated-for-the-offseason/

“Both of us heard enough this year to be highly motivated for the offseason,” Kingsbury said. “I know he will be, too. Those surgeries have been proven recently that guys are coming back and faster and stronger, and I know he’s excited about that process.”

Kyler Murray right now as I type:

"Squad Up!!!"

kyler-murray-twitch-nfl-pro-bowl.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

I am not a fan of Murray as a QB, nor do I think he was worth the money he got even though I get why AZ had to do it.  But I never like to see someone get hurt like this, so for that I feel bad for him.  

But, doesn't change my stance that I think he is mentally weak and afraid of contact when he plays on the field.  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

230 million dollar contract 165 mil guaranteed 

This right here is proof that the cardinals owner, GM, and HC heads are buried up their respective backsides, kyler Murray is not and never has been or will ever be a franchise QB, he is currently the most expensive bridge QB in the league. 

I hope Murray has a speedy recovery, don’t wish injury on anyone (I have yelled “rip his head off!” occasionally, but that was directed at Brady). What happens to that franchise? Murray will be out most on next year and has a big long term contract. Kingsbury is signed through 2027. Do they eat his contract? What a mess.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.