Jerry Sullivan crosses the line. Comments against women.

Draconator

38 minutes ago, Rico said:

Sully just demonstrated yet again what a master troll he is…. living rent-free in so many heads for so many years. :beer:

being out of market and not a Buffalo news subscriber lends itself to only being aware of the guy when he posts bulletin board material aka controversial or idiotic stuff like we are hearing in this thread.

He has made his bed. His moniker is reduced to a punchline at this point. Guy's a joke.  More pitiful than funny but as Ive already said I think his opinions are stale and dated.

• Like (+1) 2

The virtue signaling on this one from fans on Twitter.  

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

This has come up with Sullivan in the past.  He has actually responded to that exact accusation by saying that he isnt a journalist, he is a columnist.   And as a columnist part of his job is to provide his opinion. 

This came up around the time he was originally stripped of his credentials.

He was stripped of his credentials after he left the Buffalo News and worked for that small ESPN radio station

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I like how you blame and criticize others here when this was all Sully's fault.

Well, it's actually not Sullivan's fault that I'm being exposed to his podcast.  That's Aaron Quinn's fault, in a very direct, literal sense.  I would not have known that Jerry Sullivan even has a podcast were it not for two people who I follow on Twitter.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, muppy said:

being out of market and not a Buffalo news subscriber lends itself to only being aware of the guy when he posts bulletin board material aka controversial or idiotic stuff like we are hearing in this thread.

He has made his bed. His moniker is reduced to a punchline at this point. Guy's a joke.  More pitiful than funny but as Ive already said I think his opinions are stale and dated.

Agreed. "Critical journalism" was warranted in the drought. 4-5 years ago, it seems he started leaning heavily into the schtick formula and has dove deeper into it since. 

7 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Do the Bills pull his press credential? I’m sure that they were annoyed with the “Super Bowl offense” statement (not question). This would give them the cover that they need to get him out of the press room.

It does make you wonder but I’m against this idea because Jerry still works for 2 legit news organizations that cover the team.  I think the Bills PR staff will be conscious of how the move would be perceived.  As much as they might not like them, the organization needs the media and doesn’t want to give the appearance that they’ll boot you if a reporter asks a critical question.  It would have to be more personal of a situation 

• Disagree 1

15 minutes ago, muppy said:

That's fair.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

Yeah, that's what I was getting at.  It was condoned at the time he made those dumb ass, drunken comments, but now they retract with a Twitter post and all is well?  Nahhh. They're as guilty as Sullivan.

This is way too far for me. They were clearly immediately uncomfortable and tried to awkwardly salvage what he said. I think most people put in that situation would fumble their way through. The best they can do is apologize and distance themselves from the dumbass that made the comment, which is what they did. This is an actual example of cancel culture, where people even indirectly involved with an idiot catch stray bullets.

1 minute ago, extrahammer said:

Agreed. "Critical journalism" was warranted in the drought. 4-5 years ago, it seems he started leaning heavily into the schtick formula and has dove deeper into it since. 

I think he was called out under this regime and he was basically like "The media is also part of the team and it can be our job to inspire the team through our criticism". Basically he is an arse and when the team fails he goes "seeeeee I told ya so" and when he is wrong he says "good thing I was a total piece of poop to you. If I wasn't you might not have played with such anger and vitrol to prove me wrong!". 

I don't mind being critical. I have a tendency to be critical. He just doesn't seem like a good or nice guy. He is a rude contrarian for the sake of being a rude contrarian (and making himself feel good). 

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

This is way too far for me. They were clearly immediately uncomfortable and tried to awkwardly salvage what he said. I think most people put in that situation would fumble their way through. The best they can do is apologize and distance themselves from the dumbass that made the comment, which is what they did. This is an actual example of cancel culture, where people even indirectly involved with an idiot catch stray bullets.

They had three people commenting in the live. Nobody is listening. You can't cancel a show nobody is watching or listening too. That's actually the most insulting part for them. They're too irrelevant to be cancelled. 

99% of us probably didn't know this podcast existed until Sullivan's idiocy. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I mean the moral of the story is don't involve yourself with idiots

If there are less idiots out there there are less strays to catch

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

I mean the moral of the story is don't involve yourself with idiots

If there are less idiots out there there are less strays to catch

Jerry Sullivan has definitely made an ass of himself before this but this is the first time he made comments like that. If I were put in that situation I would have been pretty shocked and probably not handled it well. Call out Jerry Sullivan as much as you want for his idiocy but let's leave the amateur podcast hosts out of it. This kind of thing sometimes bleeds into personal lives. They didn't ask for this.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Jerry Sullivan has definitely made an ass of himself before this but this is the first time he made comments like that. If I were put in that situation I would have been pretty shocked and probably not handled it well. Call out Jerry Sullivan as much as you want for his idiocy but let's leave the amateur podcast hosts out of it. This kind of thing sometimes bleeds into personal lives. They didn't ask for this.

I'm not going to kill them over it personally but lie down w dogs get up w fleas

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Pics?

This is a bog standard internet joke and I am not offended by it at all.  But you just jokingly asked another poster for pics of his daughters.  In the same thread that you called for another person's firing over a similar joke. 

Maybe think on that a bit?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.