Updated Beasley signing to practice squad

Niagara Dude

7 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

I added him to my fantasy team.

He was on the practice squad for a bit then they finally elevated him.

He played a couple of games but had no catches.

He finally retired saying he needed to spend more time with his family. 

That was it.

Huh?

Beasley was on the practice squad in Tampa, true.

They didn't "finally" elevate him, he was elevated the first week he was on the roster, and the second.

In 2 games, he had 5 targets and 4 receptions, so "no catches" is false.

The question was, what was seen from him in those 2 games/5 targets?  Some people thought he looked slow.  I thought he looked slow in the practice video.

Still has those fast feet and that quickness to make cuts though.

The OP I was reponding to thought, from his interview, that he looked slow because he really didn't want to be there.  He did say it wasn't what he expected and he didn't want to be there, but I don't think that means he wasn't giving it everything he had while he was on the field.

11 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Huh?

Beasley was on the practice squad in Tampa, true.

They didn't "finally" elevate him, he was elevated the first week he was on the roster, and the second.

In 2 games, he had 5 targets and 4 receptions, so "no catches" is false.

The question was, what was seen from him in those 2 games/5 targets?  Some people thought he looked slow.  I thought he looked slow in the practice video.

Still has those fast feet and that quickness to make cuts though.

The OP I was reponding to thought, from his interview, that he looked slow because he really didn't want to be there.  He did say it wasn't what he expected and he didn't want to be there, but I don't think that means he wasn't giving it everything he had while he was on the field.

Ok my mistake.

In one game he played he had 3 catches for 12 yards.  In the second game he had 1 catch for 5 yards.  As a fantasy owner it felt like 0 points, lol.

By no means was he a game breaker or had 60 yards receiving like the old days.

But he was terrible and he knew he was terrible which is why he retired.

But I agree with your original point, he gave everything he had when he was out there.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Great thread, but do you want a real subtopic here as of page 68?

Barring some health catastrophe I am not ready to rule Beasley out of a Bills uniform in 2023.

...Sure, maybe it is a freezing cold take eventually, or even soon, and I will eat the s*** sandwich with a side of chili cheese Fritos if it goes that way, but right now I am willing to go out on that plank and at least suggest it.

A lot of baggage went into last year and the Bills have a tendency to rehabilitate their own after poor experiences with other teams (Shaq and Jordan say "hi"), and it looks like a bit of healing has taken place.

Go Bill!

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

Does anybody care that Beasley dissed on the Bills and their fans?

As a Bills fan, cheering for players that I actually like means something.  This signing sucks!!!

And if they sign 'Diva' OBJ, I would be even more pissed!!!

It's like selling your soul to the devil.  Not worth it to me!

• Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

He has done a good job on PR at least.  I wish they've use him more in the offense. Screens, wheel routes. The guy can fly

Will be interesting to see how the offense looks if/when Cole becomes our primary slot for the rest of the season..

We’ve been running an offense with an elite WR1, a gadget player playing slot and WR3 playing WR2. 

It’s no wonder things have looked a bit clunky. 

Even if we have 75% of the Cole we know..  He’s still a guy that can get open and move the chains.  Teams know he needs to be accounted for.   

That slides Gabe back to WR3, McKenzie back to gadget/slot, and maybe .. finally .. allows us to use guys like Knox, Hines and Cook as envisioned. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, R2ITRich said:

As a Bills fan, cheering for players that I actually like means something.  This signing sucks!!!

I am unhappy how he went out but it appeared he ate crow so I am willing to wait and see if he swallows it.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, R2ITRich said:

Go watch Beasley's press conference. 

Did you care that many Bills fans dissed Beasley and his family before he dissed the Bills fans 

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, R2ITRich said:

Nope.  

Dude played on broken bones for us in the playoffs, has been a loved teammate, given us everything on the field and we brought in Bruce Smith to tell him, Gabe etc (and probably even Allen) that they don’t care about their team if they don’t get a vax … a vax it turns out Cole was far more right on than the league. 

These weren’t normal circumstances and if you can’t watch that presser, and then watch Cole out there at practice with the guys hugging him/dapping him up .. and not feel good that Beane/McDermott & Beasley were able to squash any past issues and come together for a hopeful Super Bowl run, then I don’t know what to tell ya..

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

19 minutes ago, R2ITRich said:

Maybe work on strengthening your delicate sensibilities?

• Like (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, R2ITRich said:

"Selling your soul to the devil?"  Holy crap...what an overreaction.  He did/said some dumb things during the pandemic, but nothing malicious, a rather loud portion of fans turned on him and he was emotionally hurt by it and lashed out a bit.  Maybe not the most mature response for a guy his age, but he's a human being and I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and a second chance as a fan.  It's not like he's a bad guy or has done anything to hurt people, committed crimes, etc.     

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

34 minutes ago, R2ITRich said:

I don't think you write off people who in an emotional time dissed on you. Otherwise I would have no family or friends in my life. Most people say things that in retrospect they regret, and he expressed that regret. He was like the prodigal son in the Bible .. at some point he realized .. I had it so good in Sean McDermott's house .. let me see if he will take me back even if it is just to be on the practice squad. Sean's reaction .. all is forgiven you have a role in this family.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

15 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

He's also too unreliable to warrant having any larger a role in the offense than what he currently plays 

I mean, Man - what does "reliable" mean to you?  Diggs only catches 70.7% of his targets, that's 1.6% more than McKenzie, is he "too unreliable"?  How about Davis, who hauls in just over 53.5% of the balls thrown his way - should he "hit the bench", even though he's 2nd on the team in yards?

You said elsewhere you're not saying he's a bum, just "not a very good WR".  I would agree he's not a very good WR, but saying he's "too unreliable" sounds to me like you're saying he's a bum.  If that's not what you're saying, then what are you saying?

McKenzie is currently out there on close to 60% of the snaps and I think I see him open (at least during a window) much more than he's used.  So if he's out there and open and catches 69% of the balls thrown at him, shouldn't he be targeted?

If he's "too unreliable", then he shouldn't be out there and, since I don't see Shakir getting open, IMHO Beane should face some scrutiny for letting the WR talent get to the place where our #3 WR who is getting 60% of the snaps and catching 69% of his targets is "too unreliable" and shouldn't be playing. 

That Is All.

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I still have no clue why they traded for Nyheim Hines. He could have been perfect in the slot but I guess we needed a more explosive kick returner?

Nyheim Hines is a running back.  He is not a wide receiver.

He's been being used in 2-back sets (Pony formation) on a variable number of snaps - 23 vs NE, 10 vs the Jets.

I'm kinda puzzled as to why someone would think an RB would make a "perfect" slot receiver.

52 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I mean, Man - what does "reliable" mean to you?  Diggs only catches 70.7% of his targets, that's 1.6% more than McKenzie, is he "too unreliable"?  How about Davis, who hauls in just over 53.5% of the balls thrown his way - should he "hit the bench", even though he's 2nd on the team in yards?

You said elsewhere you're not saying he's a bum, just "not a very good WR".  I would agree he's not a very good WR, but saying he's "too unreliable" sounds to me like you're saying he's a bum.  If that's not what you're saying, then what are you saying?

McKenzie is currently out there on close to 60% of the snaps and I think I see him open (at least during a window) much more than he's used.  So if he's out there and open and catches 69% of the balls thrown at him, shouldn't he be targeted?

If he's "too unreliable", then he shouldn't be out there and, since I don't see Shakir getting open, IMHO Beane should face some scrutiny for letting the WR talent get to the place where our #3 WR who is getting 60% of the snaps and catching 69% of his targets is "too unreliable" and shouldn't be playing. 

That Is All.

I'm saying you don't go out and get Cole Beasley if you're satisfied that Isaiah McKenzie is a reliable slot receiver.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.