Week 15: Dolphins at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

Ya gotta just ignore people when they get all hot taky, its done for clicks, not because the take has value in any way, don’t fall prey to the con.

• Agree 1

3 years from now we'll still have a superstar qb and they won't.  The one big flaw on Cowherd is he waffles around takes every single week. I still think he loves Josh and mentions him constantly on his show with Patty. And I do agree with him that Josh needs to tone down the runs and "inviting contact" style of his. It's the only chance he has to play beyond 35.  

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I saw him try to convince Sanders that they are over reliant on Josh and Sanders wasn't having it. 

Manny basically said let Josh do what he does. That's what makes him elite and special. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Normally I hate these threads and normally I like Cowherd…but sheesh …the guy sometimes listens to his own strong take too many times he starts to believe it. His take all week was that the Dolphins out schemed and out played the Bills, had a massive TOP lead, shut down Diggs, their star receivers dominated….they just lost the game. Which game?

Bills had 9 more first downs, more points, 14 more plays, 4/5 in red zone, more yards…if it wasn’t for 2 Q3 turnovers….Miami did have 14 seconds more possession time though….

By his metric the Bills are 14-0 then 

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Normally I hate these threads and normally I like Cowherd…but sheesh …the guy sometimes listens to his own strong take too many times he starts to believe it. His take all week was that the Dolphins out schemed and out played the Bills, had a massive TOP lead, shut down Diggs, their star receivers dominated….they just lost the game. Which game?

Bills had 9 more first downs, more points, 14 more plays, 4/5 in red zone, more yards…if it wasn’t for 2 Q3 turnovers….Miami did have 14 seconds more possession time though….

Ever since I heard this mo go on a rant- post new years early January topic of resolutions several years ago- where he literally said “I am so sick of the crowds at my gym with all these losers who can’t get themselves here the rest of the year….GET OUT OF MY GYM!” -  He screamed into the microphone….screamed.  

I can’t stand him.   Arrogance regardless of how talented or followed/watched/paid you are is an awful awful quality.    He has it in spades!

Go Bills!

1 hour ago, TH3 said:

You think that's bad? Chris Simms, who I listen to weekly, said that our run defense badly missed Jordan Phillips in this game and he called Jordan Phillips the best run stopper on our DL.

• Haha (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

You think that's bad? Chris Simms, who I listen to weekly, said that our run defense badly missed Jordan Phillips in this game and he called Jordan Phillips the best run stopper on our DL.

Yes, overlooking DaQuan Jones, Greg Rousseau, and Shaq Lawson for Jordan Phillips as the best run stopper on our DL is a hot take. Jordan Phillips is battling Tim Settle and Ed Oliver for 4th best.

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Sometimes people just do simple math, bad run defense minus Phillips, must mean Phillips is key to run defense. It's not a very thoroughly researched take but whatever I guess he has a lot of content to do.

6 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Sometimes people just do simple math, bad run defense minus Phillips, must mean Phillips is key to run defense. It's not a very thoroughly researched take but whatever I guess he has a lot of content to do.

That being said….Having Philips back be nice

2 hours ago, TH3 said:

There were some aspects in which the Dolphins may have out-schemed and out-played the Bills - they broke a couple long plays on what looked like busted coverages or, the Bills played tendencies they saw on film and the Dolphins did a good job self-scouting and tricking the defense.

And the Dolphins forced that turnover fair and square (only 1 turnover by the Bills not sure what you mean by 2 Q3 turnovers? the horrid penalty that gifted a 1D?)

But the Bills ground out the yards and held onto the ball when they needed to, so that's outplaying when they needed to in my book.  At the end of the day, the Bills made significant mistakes, and they still won.

PS I guess 5 receptions for 60 yds is kind of shutting down Diggs, but it sort of doesn't count when it means you leave the TE open for 98 yds and 9 different receivers have catches

Edited by Beck Water

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

There were some aspects in which the Dolphins may have out-schemed and out-played the Bills - they broke a couple long plays on what looked like busted coverages or, the Bills played tendencies they saw on film and the Dolphins did a good job self-scouting and tricking the defense.

And the Dolphins forced that turnover fair and square (only 1 turnover by the Bills not sure what you mean by 2 Q3 turnovers? the horrid penalty that gifted a 1D?)

But the Bills ground out the yards and held onto the ball when they needed to, so that's outplaying when they needed to in my book.  At the end of the day, the Bills made significant mistakes, and they still won.

PS I guess 5 receptions for 60 yds is kind of shutting down Diggs, but it sort of doesn't count when it means you leave the TE open for 98 yds and 9 different receivers have catches

Counting the RTP as a turnover

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.