I thought 10-3 would feel better...

Inigo Montoya

The Bills have had the leagues strongest strength of schedule, amd strength of victory of all other playoff teams. They also have the 2nd best point differential. You cant win the super bowl in December. Im not sure what else people want/need to see from them to prove they are legit.

• Like (+1) 2

We're 10-3, #1 in the AFC currently, and our 3 losses have been by a combined 8 points. We've also had a rash of injuries to a number of starters and KEY players on this team we have shuffled through since week 3. We are 5-3 in 1 score games this year where last year we were 0-6. Our schedule has also been a lot harder than many of our AFC counterparts who are anywhere near us in the standings. We hold head to head wins over every other division leader in the AFC. We can bury the Fish Saturday night and basically sew up the AFC East for the 3rd year in a row. If we win out, which is still a tall task with Cincy on the schedule, we have home field advantage and get the coveted Bye week regardless of what anyone else does. And all of this we have done without playing our best, most complete football yet. I still like our chances, A LOT, especially if we can continue to get and remain healthy. 

46 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

The Bills have had the leagues strongest strength of schedule, amd strength of victory of all other playoff teams. They also have the 2nd best point differential. You cant win the super bowl in December. Im not sure what else people want/need to see from them to prove they are legit.

Last year when were weren't playing well, we were 7-6.

This year when we aren't playing well, we are 10-3.

We are getting better but not completely out of this funk but we know what this team is capable of.

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

KC played bad today, Tennessee lost, Miami looks bad right now, Baltimore is down another QB, Cincinnati won but didn’t look good either…

And how about Detroit taking care of the Vikings - granted it was a divisional game and they know each other well.

A lot of folks have commented on the fact that Detroit is a better team and I think they are - they played us tough and we won. Not a lot of cake walks out there - the NFL wanted parity and for the most part they have it. Good teams still find a way to win and we have a good team.

Are there things that need to be fixed - yes, and I will continue to B word about the offensive game plans and execution till they show they can come up with better game plans that take some of the burden off of Allen and better execution. We need to clean up the mistakes, the false starts, the holds, the dropped passes, the missed blocks and blown assignments, and the killer is turnovers (those have been much reduced - nice job O).

Anyone notice that when we stopped forcing things in the red zone and turning the ball over we started winning again - not pretty wins, but the "W's" still count. I am not going to fault Allen for taking better care of the ball and being alright if Bass needs to come in and tack on some points.

No good excuses with the offensive miscues though - players just have to practice the way they are going to play and the coaches have to have them dialed in for the games.

Go Bills!

Edited by WideNine

50 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

Capable Wrs.  Not great, just average wrs would inspire confidence. Not ones that get open all the time, but ones that when they do they have the ability to catch the ball.

Edited by Gunsgoodtime

The Bills control their own destiny not just for the division but for the conference. 

To me it's a good thing the Bills can still win even when the offense doesn't have a good game.

The blowouts happen when the defense and offense are in sync. 

Shootouts happen when the offense is in sync but the defense is bad. Yesterday was a smothering and most of the glory for that game belongs to the Dline. 

Edited by Pasaluki
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Bleedingreennc said:

I would kill for the Jets to be 10-3. 

There is a difference in expectations, though. We're looking through the prism of expecting to be one of the Superbowl favourites, so we're picking on every little thing we see is wrong and panicking (maybe overly so) over them, as it's a threat to the ring. The Jets are maybe another draft and a QB away from expecting to be in the hunt for a long post season run; even now this season is a promising part of the rebuild.

Edited by UKBillFan
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Doc said:

10-3 feels great.  They've been ravaged by injuries and keep plugging along.  And playoff tickets are going on sale soon.

I been pretty negative today about our offense skill positions, thanks for putting it back in perspective.  Im 100% with you on this, as much bitching I been doing if you were to ask me before the season what our record be with the exact injuries that have occurred, I would have us 8-5, 7-6.  Im amazed what they have accomplished with the injuries considered. At one point I had almost gave up on the SB run due to injuries.  I still have hope though thanks to some of the injured players returning and the Bills keep on winning

Edited by Gunsgoodtime
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

I been pretty negative today about our offense skill positions, thanks for putting it back in perspective.  Im 100% with you on this, as much bitching I been doing if you were to ask me before the season what our record be with the exact injuries that have occurred, I would have us 8-5, 7-6.  Im amazed what they have accomplished with the injuries considered. At one point I had almost gave up on the SB run due to injuries.  I still have hope though thanks to some of the injured players returning and the Bills keep on winning

You're not wrong about your feelings about our offensive skill positions....it's hurting us.

What's keeping me from not giving up is we usually have a 3-5 game slump every year and we bounce back and go NUTS.  That 2020 second half run would be nice starting Saturday.

• Like (+1) 1

My thought on why the fanbase and feelings have been all of since the MIN game on is expectations and eye test.

When we last left the Bills the offense looked like the greatest thing ever, 17 legitimately elevated to god QB status which only 1 other dude does in the NFL, and IMO most importantly the team lost a heartbreaking game which had they won they would've hosted the AFC title and SB was there.

Fast forward to this season they started incredibly hot start with expectations at the max and then attrition set in like it does for most teams. Injuries happened, normal season ups and downs happened, the division got tighter across the board, the new OC has shown some room for growth, and the eye test with the offense of late has been frustrating as they at times do great and other times not great. There have been games the Bills have lost I have felt better about certain areas of the Bills then some they have won. Football at times is not pleasant on your eyes and subsequent expectations, but come seasons end it doesn't matter if you have a lot more Ws then Ls.

2020 I constantly say is the dream regular season you love as a fan in terms of regular season as they started hot, cruised for the division, and the team was pretty much on fire the last 6. All aspects of the team felt good by the end there where you hopes as a fan felt limitless. The thing is even if you have a great team or QB who makes special plays all the time, that is not how most seasons go. The NFL especially is a weird animal where predicting a team is by no means a perfect science for who will succeed in the playoffs. Watching the Eagles right now they look unstoppable the same way the Ravens did in 2019 and then I remember they fizzled out in the divisional round. Same happen for Manning and crew twice in DEN with bad playoff losses despite being the 1 seed.

I do agree that you want to be playing your best football heading into the playoffs and McD and crew seemingly turn it on around now every year they have been here. The offense is maybe not the perfection you hoped season start, but they still are quite good and if Josh is humming it kinda doesn't matter.

Many fans are frustrated, because this Bills team (at least since the bye) simply does not pass the eye test.  

Regardless of what the standings and statistics say.

Yeah, the Bills should still be able to win on Saturday and walk away with the AFC East again (because the Dolphins don't pass the eye test either).  But it's really hard to imagine this team playing like they have since Green Bay, and having a successful journey to the Super Bowl. 

Lots of people are already celebrating us controlling our own destiny, and are almost forgetting a hugely difficult game coming up in Cincinnati that could totally derail the chance of getting homefield.  Personally, I think we are should be underdogs in that matchup.  Our corners are going to have their hands full with Chase/Higgins, and trying to tackle their backs.  And with the way our offensive weapons (outside of Stefon Diggs) are struggling, I'm skeptical we can keep up for four quarters.  And I certainly wouldn't bank on Kansas City losing to anyone else on their schedule.

Maybe we get hot at the right time (just like last season).  But right now, I think the Bills would struggle badly to beat the Chiefs or Bengals in the AFC.  And if they made the Super Bowl, they would have a really rough time with the Eagles, 49ers and probably Cowboys.

• Like (+1) 2

Its the NFL a win is a win.  Buffalo has a win over every division leader in the AFC currently.  They have blown some teams out.  They have gone toe to toe with others.  Had 4th quarter comebacks vs others.   They have blitzed teams with the pass.  They have smashed teams on the ground.  Every way possible they have won this year.

They are better than the 2021 Bills.  Allen is having a very good year.  We are at the point where an average Allen year is a career for most other qbs.  

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Many fans are frustrated, because this Bills team (at least since the bye) simply does not pass the eye test.  

Regardless of what the standings and statistics say.

Yeah, the Bills should still be able to win on Saturday and walk away with the AFC East again (because the Dolphins don't pass the eye test either).  But it's really hard to imagine this team playing like they have since Green Bay, and having a successful journey to the Super Bowl. 

Lots of people are already celebrating us controlling our own destiny, and are almost forgetting a hugely difficult game coming up in Cincinnati that could totally derail the chance of getting homefield.  Personally, I think we are should be underdogs in that matchup.  Our corners are going to have their hands full with Chase/Higgins, and trying to tackle their backs.  And with the way our offensive weapons (outside of Stefon Diggs) are struggling, I'm skeptical we can keep up for four quarters.  And I certainly wouldn't bank on Kansas City losing to anyone else on their schedule.

Maybe we get hot at the right time (just like last season).  But right now, I think the Bills would struggle badly to beat the Chiefs or Bengals in the AFC.  And if they made the Super Bowl, they would have a really rough time with the Eagles, 49ers and probably Cowboys.

As Bills fans, the team controlling their own destiny is probably the best we could ( realistically) hope for. It should be celebrated, but no one is forgetting about the Cincinnati game. It’s 3 weeks away though, and the Bills have the task of securing a division championship at hand first. The Bills may be an underdog in that game, but that doesn’t influence the outcome. The Bills haven’t had a 10-3 or better record at this point since the 1991 season from what I can recall. They will have an opportunity to secure the #1 seed for the playoffs on their own in the last 4 games and that’s a great place to be as a Bills fan. 

2 hours ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Agreed.  Its the offensive talent for me.  Its Diggs and Allen, and almost no one else.  Hard to imagine a SB push with the Wrs we have and the rbs.  We are below average at skill positions outside of Diggs

Lack of talent?  It's pretty much the same group of guys we had in the postseason last year when the offense was unstoppable.

3 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Lack of talent?  It's pretty much the same group of guys we had in the postseason last year when the offense was unstoppable.

I considered it a downgrade before the season even started.  Crowder was a downgrade to Beasley, Sanders was let go and McKenzie was upgraded on the depth chart, no Oline upgrades.  It was a downgrade and its showing right in front of your eyes.  Yet we drafted heavy on D and aded a high paid DE to our already highest paid DL and which also has enough draft pick capital invested in it to create a new football team

5 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

I considered it a downgrade before the season even started.  Crowder was a downgrade to Beasley, Sanders was let go and McKenzie was upgraded on the depth chart, no Oline upgrades.  It was a downgrade and its showing right in front of your eyes.  Yet we drafted heavy on D and aded a high paid DE to our already highest paid DL and which also has enough draft pick capital invested in it to create a new football team

Beasley was good for two seasons and then really bad last year.  Turned 112 targets into 693 yards.  Gabe Davis has already surpassed Emmanuel Sanders' production from last year in fewer games.

Trust me, I've been disappointed by our role players but you may be remembering last year's team with rose tinted glasses.  Our regular season offense last year really wasn't better than what they're doing now.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.