Jets at Bills - 2nd half game thread

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I don't hate Edmonds. I'm actually very much in his corner. He's a super important part of our defense and we are not the same without him in there. Don't use the word Hate with me when all I'm saying is if he stood still he'd have the play. That being said Go Bills. 

Stood by Edmunds where everyone blamed him for everything. When they didn't want to understand he does. He went through lots of crap by people 

1 minute ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Yeah see I really don’t get this.. oline is garbage, dropped balls and no effort to run the ball, penalty killing plays  and overrated Wr outside of Diggs..Dorsey couldn’t find ways to get him the Ball? None of this contributes? Honestly everyone just expects him to bail all of the above out.. 

I expect him to make simple plays. I acknowledged the drops, but he's missed simple passes and got reads wrong far too often today.

Last week he was really good. Tonight was a concerning back step, just like the second half against the Packers. And we know what followed that.

• Vomit 1

Just now, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Stood by Edmunds where everyone blamed him for everything. When they didn't want to understand he does. He went through lots of crap by people 

Yeah for sure. I get it. He's still super young and I think it'd be a big mistake to not retain him. He's going to be the heart of the D as he grows. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Because he was so open Allen just wanted to make sure the ball got there. This is one of those things where if Knox had caught it no one would question the throw or the play call but because he dropped an easy one we have to make up some other crap to explain it.

Knox has not recovered the consistency he had last year... catches some tough ones and still drops some easy ones.

We could still look around for a pass catching TE that is consistent for Allen, I know he a d Knox are tight.

We may have seen what we have in Knox... a great athlete who is a streaky pass catcher.

1 minute ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Understand you're point @HappyDays. Thinking people not question to run it too to use Jets last timeout or even possible get first down run. I'm just happy we won. Great win. 👍 It's understandable both sides. But Knox should have had that.

The jets were never scoring on that final drive in that amount of time…they were forcing Mike white into tight window throws and he hit two improbable throws on back to back third downs on their only td drive.  That was not happening again.  

4 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Moral victory? 😂  the jets weren’t very good today. we dropped about 6 huge passes and Mike white threw two absolute dimes way above his ability level on back to back third downs on their lone td drive and they still lost by 8 with us kneeling in scoring range.  

absolute coaching travesty by the jets in this game too…Saleh lost tons of points today in my book.  Absolutely embarrassing kicking the fg there 

Welcome to Buffalo, where backup qbs win SBs.  No lie, for this of you that are young lol

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Because he was so open Allen just wanted to make sure the ball got there. This is one of those things where if Knox had caught it no one would question the throw or the play call but because he dropped an easy one we have to make up some other crap to explain it.

Thank you…

Was it a perfect throw? No.

But your 14 million dollar tight end needs to make a catch that hits him directly in the hands..

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

The jets were never scoring on that final drive in that amount of time…they were forcing Mike white into tight window throws and he hit two improbable throws on back to back third downs on their only td drive.  That was not happening again.  

Ya he didn't score on final drive. They stopped them.

2 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

I expect him to make simple plays. I acknowledged the drops, but he's missed simple passes and got reads wrong far too often today.

Last week he was really good. Tonight was a concerning back step, just like the second half against the Packers. And we know what followed that.

What reads did he get wrong?  Singletary and McKenzie underneath have absolute stonehands.  Everyone says ‘just throw it underneath’ like it’s free yards. I have no problem with allen taking shots to fairly open wrs in single coverage 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, JayBaller10 said:

Any time anyone puts anything on Josh it’s met with eye rolls and disagrees. His supporting cast has to help, no doubt, but QB1 needs better reads, ball placement and accuracy on many of these drop backs. 

‘Many’ I would absolutely disagree with.  Some sure but you can say that about any great qb.  That was one of the best defenses in the league…you’re not going to get many opportunities and your skill position players have to make those plays.  

11 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

On the offense and defense. Rather to throw or run the ball to run the clock. When to play man/zone. When to blitz. When to sit players, etc... 

No, I don’t McD dictating the offense. I want a competent OC capable of designing and calling plays to move the ball.

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Any time anyone puts anything on Josh it’s met with eye rolls and disagrees. His supporting cast has to help, no doubt, but QB1 needs better reads, ball placement and accuracy on many of these drop backs. 

Josh hasn’t been great since the KC game.

However- His o line sucks most of the time, Dorsey is on crack some games, and no receiver outside of Diggs can make any contested catches for him.

Hard to be elite with those factors

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.