TNF- Raiders @ Rams

T&C

25 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Stefanski and mcvay are both shanahan guys

Stefanski is a Kubiak guy who is a Shanahan guy to be totally accurate. I don't think Stefanski has ever worked directly with Shanny. But yea, your point that there will be a LOT of offensive carry over between the two is spot on. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Just thought it was a musing that Mayfield is wearing Josh Allen’s number

If that's not a 'Freudian typo', I don't know what is...🤔😁

8 hours ago, WyoAZBillfan said:

I might be reading into this too much, he wore 6 college and pros, 11 in high school. 🤷🏼‍♂️

#1 pick in 2018 Draft.

20181🟰2017?

🤔
Aside from that, I got nuthin'.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

1 hour ago, FrenchConnection said:

How in the heck can a guy run an offense after only being in the building for three days? How could he know the terminology of the plays in his wristband?

And McDermit wanted to wait weeks to work Hines into the lineup for a few passing plays.   Makes no sense.   McCaffrey having a field day immediately in SF, Baker pulls out a comeback win 3 days after signing with a team.

2 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Stefanski and mcvay are both shanahan guys

When was Stefanski a Shanahan guy? 

Thought he spent his (coaching) life with the Vikes* until the Browns hired him. 

*which is actually pretty impressive considering he stuck on the staff through 3 different HCs

Edited by Beck Water

Just another lesson for the rest of the NFL.  We've seen the Saints and Raiders pull a defeat from the jaws of victory this week.  Every play MATTERS, especially in the final quarter when possessions flip quickly.  Every penalty matters.  

10 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

As @GunnerBill explained, he's a Kubiak guy who's a shanahan guy

That brings me to the question "how much did Stefanski actually take from Kubiak?"

Far as I know, Kubiak went to the Vikes in 2019

Stefanski left the Vikes to take on the HC gig with the Browns in 2020

So they overlapped 1 year, during which Stefanski was promoted from QB coach to OC and Kubiak was "assistant to the HC" or some such

I would think Stefanski installed the offense he was already working with; it's not like Stefanski was a Kubiak disciple

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Stefanski is a Kubiak guy who is a Shanahan guy to be totally accurate. I don't think Stefanski has ever worked directly with Shanny. But yea, your point that there will be a LOT of offensive carry over between the two is spot on. 

What makes Stefanski a "Kubiak guy"?

As far as I can tell, Stefanski and Kubiak worked together for 1 year.  Stefanski was newly promoted from QB coach to OC. 

Kubiak was brought in as "assistant to the KC and offensive advisor"

Stefanski left the next season

It would kind of be like calling Ken Dorsey a "Joe Brady guy" because they've worked together on offense this year.  I'm sure Brady has input, but I'm also sure the terminology and structure of the offense are from Dorsey.

Edited by Beck Water

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.