Mind Blowing Stat of the Week

Big Turk

7 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Which according to everything I have read is exactly what Wilson wanted and why he had a problem with Seattle.  Even still the guy isnt even average.  I dont care what "system" he is in.  These are NFL routes.  NFL concepts.  I've seen UDFA's play better.

Obviously if this is true, it means Wilson was vastly over-confident in his abilities to succeed under that type of structure. 

Edited by Big Turk

6 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Obviously if this is true, it means Wilson was vastly over-confident in his abilities to succeed under that type of structure. 

Im not sure its exactly over confidence. Like I am sure its part of it but it sounds like and everything looks like by his actions that he wants his image to be the best.  In his mind the best is Tom Brady so he wants to emulate that.  Between the articles I have read and the way he has acted in some videos I seen, this stuff all lines up pretty well.

But yes, his skill trait IMO is more so like a mahomes/allen where their best plays come from getting out of the pocket and making unscripted stuff happen.  Seems pretty obvious he is too short to stand in the pocket and see the entire field.

Edited by Scott7975

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Im not sure its exactly over confidence. Like I am sure its part of it but it sounds like and everything looks like by his actions that he wants his image to be the best.  In his mind the best is Tom Brady so he wants to emulate that.  Between the articles I have read and the way he has acted in some videos I seen, this stuff all lines up pretty well.

But yes, his skill trait IMO is more so like a mahomes/allen where their best plays come from getting out of the pocket and making unscripted stuff happen.

Another example of Wilson simply being a Poser.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

That video of him practicing coming out of the tunnel is actually part of what made those articles seem feasible to me lol.

A Bronco's beat writer reported after week one that Russ has his own office in the stadium and watches film by himself instead of with the rest of the offense or QB room. 

14 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

A Bronco's beat writer reported after week one that Russ has his own office in the stadium and watches film by himself instead of with the rest of the offense or QB room. 

Thats just weird and unleadership like.  I wouldnt want to play for that guy.  Its one thing if thats just like his extra time watching film but sounds like not.

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

Thats just weird and unleadership like.  I wouldnt want to play for that guy.  Its one thing if thats just like his extra time watching film but sounds like not.

There is a reason why to a man, virtually every former teammate he has played with, both college and pro, hate him.  

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Russell Wilson was a great QB when he was quicker than the defenders and could move well. Now that he has to rely on just his arm you can see his limitations, which is vision and anticipation. 

Yeah he's totally fallen off the cliff because he's at a major disadvantage in the pocket............and now he can't do much outside of it anymore.

It is also cautionary tale about a QB who took a beating playing that style for 10 years...........whether it's dropping off a cliff like Wilson or more gradually turning into a liability like Big Ben.........a lot of that could have been avoided with less wear and tear than they(and their teams) subjected themselves to. 

The sooner the Bills can get JA17 converted back into the pocket passing version of 2020 the better for his long term outlook.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

The Broncos have been inept on offense all year, but their defense has been playing consistently lights out.

This stat is absolutely mind blowing.  

If the Denver Broncos could have simply cleared the very low bar of scoring 18 points on offense each game, they would be 10-2 and the #1 seed. 

I would be beside myself right now if I was a Bronco fan.  Wasting an absolute championship level defense with this trash offense.  

Mind blowing how an NFL team could be THIS bad on offense, dead last at 13.5 points a game, more than 2 points lower than the next worse team, the Houston Texans with David Mills and Kyle Allen at QB.  Even more mind blowing since their head coach was hired because he was GOOD on offense in his last job in Green Bay and he has Russell Wilson and no matter how far he has fallen, there is no reason why they should have the worst offense in the NFL.

Hackett has to go...he has ruined that team on a Rex x 100 level.

Still a crazy stat, but I just went through their schedule and they would be 8-4, where are you getting 10-2 from? 

3 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Still a crazy stat, but I just went through their schedule and they would be 8-4, where are you getting 10-2 from? 

Because 2 of their losses would be in OT where 18 points would have won the game in regulation.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

Their scores this year are kinda flukey as well. Four games where they totaled 16 points. Three games with a 9 point score. And two games with 10 points scored. One other game they won with a whopping 11 points scored and then lastly their biggest point total of the season was 23 against Vegas, a game they lost. 

It's actually pretty astonishing to see how far Russ has fallen. Hackett doesn't help but it's abnormal how rapidly a dude who looked like a HOF'er is one of, if not the worst QB playing right now. 

2 minutes ago, StHustle said:

I think the Broncos will beat the Chiefs 1 out of the 2 times they play them over the next 5 weeks. That would allow us to lose another game and still be #1 (long as loss isnt to the Dolphins if they win out)

With that defense I can see how you would think that and the chiefs defense is pretty terrible, but it’s really hard to think that offense is going to be able to score more than the Chiefs 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.