NFL Week 10 - Vikings at Bills post game thread

BuffaloBill

this has a real bad feel to it.  this might be the kind of loss that sends this team spiraling and ends with heads rolling. 17 owns these 2 losses and I don't know if he can ever get his head right.  he looks like he's losing confidence and that can't ever be restored once a qb loses it at this level. might be time to start reevaluating the composition of this team.  for instance the o line is subpar they can't run block and that's with kromer coaching them.  a d that almost never blitzes and is overly reliant on poyer and Hyde who seem to be breaking down now. will tre white ever be anywhere what he was?  it feels like the writing is on the wall and it's only a matter of who is getting axed.

Edited by larrym
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

This loss has cut me deeper than the KC 13 seconds deal. i’m trying to figure out why. After that game i was hurt but knew we had a team, a QB that is fantastic. We’d definitely be in the mix for years.

This game and the last few have me questioning the defense, the head coach and even Josh Allen… who seems to have met his kryptonite lately.  Yes there are injuries too but those aren’t going away.  Other teams have worse injuries.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, larrym said:

this has a real bad feel to it.  this might be the kind of loss that sends this team spiraling and ends with heads rolling. 17 owns these 2 losses and I don't know if he can ever get his head right.  he looks like he's losing confidence and that can't ever be restored once a qb loses it at this level. might be time to start reevaluating the composition of this team.  for instance the o line is subpar they can't run block and that's with kromer coaching them.  a d that almost never blitzes and is overly reliant on poyer and Hyde who seem to be breaking down now. will tre white ever be anywhere what he was?  it feels like the writing is on the wall and it's only a matter of who is getting axed.

This just doesn’t make any sense, Allen got the Bills the tying Field Goal, and then ran the ball down the Vikings throat and put the Bills in great position.

Now it’s Josh’s mental state, and phantom concussions. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Process said:

Jefferson doesn't even have the ball. Lewis ends up pinning it to his hand. He catches it for him. 

It's hard to believe the way this team loses some of these games. 

Unreal. 

oh.  

My.  

God.

Just now, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Honest question:

Who cares more, players or fans?

At the end of the day, these guys collect a check, go home and come to work the next day. 

Yet we suffer through decades of misery, spent countless hours and dollars and still come back for more.

who cares more. 

fans.   100000%.

5 minutes ago, Process said:

Jefferson doesn't even have the ball. Lewis ends up pinning it to his hand. He catches it for him. 

Unreal. 

It's what happens when the entire starting secondary is hurt and we have to resort to hyping up these nobody scrubs. We did it for four years with Levi Wallace. 

When McDermott first got here we had a scoring offense and couldn't stop teams.  They went completely vanilla, no wr's, and ground thier way into the playoffs with Taylor.  I was thinking if we could score some points McDermott would be our Belichick and this QB could be our Brady.  Well we have plenty of story left to be written but Allen needs to work on ball security to be our Brady and McDermott needs to get this defense back to putting fear into teams and making less mistakes.   No doubt I believe we have the players and coaches to win anywhere against anyone but it is little consolation when week after week you are just beating yourself.

7 minutes ago, Process said:

Unreal. 

That catch about sums this entire post game thread up on how we lost.  I hope our horseshoe comes in the playoffs.

17 minutes ago, Process said:

Unreal. 

All he had to do was knock it down but instead he goes for the INT and then allows a guy falling backwards with one hand to wrench it from him! 

Edited by Livinginthepast
  • Agree 1

It’s funny all the “just knock the ball down” angst at Cam. Yeah, hindsight is 20/20. But that was actually a heck of a play by Cam. Well positioned; he outjumped Jefferson by a mile; made a play on the ball. 

what he could not have expected was that Jefferson would be able to fully extend 1 hand back from where he was to basically steal that ball from him. Just an absolutely fluke play. 

As much as the secondary got beat up today by Jefferson, the coverage was remarkably good. I just have no idea how some of the balls made it through defender’s arms and Jefferson was still

able to catch them. Great skill by him, but some luck too.

The one in OT down to the goal line was textbook coverage by Jackson and the ball somehow made it to JJ? Or the slant to the goal line (before the Ham TD), played really well by Benford, who had his arm in front of the ball AND the ball was tipped at the LOS— yet it was still caught. Just some crazy stuff. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.