Did the Jets Have a Competitive Advantage?

ExiledInIllinois

12 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Has anyone verified that this actually happens or is it just urban legend?

Honestly what does a guy like this know that the opposing coaches don't already know from film study?

Defensive calls and signals would be a big help. 

15 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

I think the question is if this particular guy would have had access to that info while on the Bills. Mayden spent less than a month on our practice squad. Would he really know more about the Bills playcalling/signals than the opposition could learn from watching film ?

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Yes, they had a competitive advantage.  It was wanting the game more than the Bills.  

The Jets had this game circled on their schedule. All week long the buildup in the NYC area was can the Jets hang in there with the best team in the division. The Bills have to understand they will get everyone's best shot especially from the division.

Edited by Greg S
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

Saleh taking a page from Belicheat's playbook.  Dude used to do it all the time, then cut the player as soon as the game ended.  The NFL got wise to that cheating, so now you have to keep a guy like this on the active roster for a few weeks.  Belicheat famously did this with Jonathan "Fast Freddie" Smith.  This was another "let's screw the Bills over once, then change the rules so it doesn't happen again" scenario.  Shame on Saleh for stooping to Belicheat's level, especially if you've pledged not to do it.  

Edited by Freddie's Dead

43 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

Yeah.  Remember Opening Day in Buffalo when Bills signed Lawyer Malloy. 31-0. Sam Adams big day against the Pats* w/Bills* in 2003 against future SuperBowl Champions. Brady looked horrible when Bills knew the plays!

9 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Saleh taking a page from Belicheat's playbook.  Dude used to do it all the time, then cut the player as soon as the game ended.  The NFL got wise to that cheating, so now you have to keep a guy like this on the active roster for a few weeks.  Belicheat famously did this with Jonathan "Fast Freddie" Smith.  This was another "let's screw the Bills over once, then change the rules so it doesn't happen again" scenario.  Shame on Saleh for stooping to Belicheat's level, especially if you've pledged not to do it.  

Bills did it too... Opening Day 2003.

• Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Cheating has become ethically accepted in all aspects of our society. 

"If you're not Cheating,  you're not trying"

"Its only cheating if you get caught"

"I didn't see the Astros get punished"

This is a sad commentary on what we're teaching future generations. 

But this isn't cheating.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

11 minutes ago, Gugny said:

But this isn't cheating.

Less than honorable to go against your word,  but not cheating. 

Saleh is the first Muslim HC. I wonder what the "Owner's Manual" (IE: Quran) has to say about "honor" and your word?

I know what the Bible says. I forgive you Robert Saleh! 😆 

~Matthew 6:14-15

"For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses."

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Eyeroll 1

28 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yeah.  Remember Opening Day in Buffalo when Bills signed Lawyer Malloy. 31-0. Sam Adams big day against the Pats* w/Bills* in 2003 against future SuperBowl Champions. Brady looked horrible when Bills knew the plays!

Bills did it too... Opening Day 2003.

Oh man, I forgot that we cut Lawyer Milloy immediately after the game....

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Cheating has become ethically accepted in all aspects of our society. 

"If you're not Cheating,  you're not trying"

"Its only cheating if you get caught"

"I didn't see the Astros get punished"

This is a sad commentary on what we're teaching future generations. 

holding eric cartman GIF by South Park

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.