The blueprint is in, Buffalo has been figured out

DallasBillsFan1

24 minutes ago, BananaB said:

If Allen’s checking down more then usual I’m guessing they ain’t as open as you believe. On top of that Gabes catching under 50% of the balls thrown to him.  McKenzie is not filling Beasleys roll very well either, that’s why he’s not getting the targets. 
It’s the first year the two of them are starters and both are struggling. It’s been overlooked because we were winning.  

It is starting to look like the Bills talent might not be as good as many of us thought. Allen is human, Davis is very inconsistent, McKenzie is not a starter, Motor is not a game changer, Bills still can't or won't consistently run the ball, Cook isn't the missing piece or a dangerous added weapon, and the Oline is average. Saffold sucks. 

On defense, the Bills scheme is being exposed, they are back to having major issues stopping the run, injuries have taken its toll, the secondary with Elam, Bedford, and Johnson are not elite, losing Hyde is a huge huge blow, and the Bills pass rush is being negated by quick passes. 

Coaching has under preformed in many areas. Game plans have been suspect, in game and halftime adjustments seem non existent, and frankly I'm losing some passion for Fraizer and McDermott. 

The good is the Bills are still 6-2. I think Allen will turn it around. Tre and Poyer returning will help. Hopefully, Shakir gets to play more and Hines makes a bigger impact on the offense. No more injuries. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Defense? They scored 17 points on offense. How does anyone blame the defense?

Defense wasn't good either. No pass rush. No tackling on the back side of the  defense. Literally NOTHING (again) from our top ten pick DT.  

4 hours ago, WyoAZBillfan said:

Overreaction Sunday? Can’t we wait until Monday? Some of the worst takes the last two weeks, especially for a team with two losses. 

The board is more readable now that it's been injected by some realism.  A couple weeks ago, anyone was a bad fan basically if we didn't think this team was a GOAT contender.

We're a very good team with a couple of obvious weaknesses like O-line that disqualify us from GOAT contention. but we can still be the best team in the NFL if the defense gets/stays healthy.  This was true a couple weeks ago.  It is true now.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BananaB said:

If Allen’s checking down more then usual I’m guessing they ain’t as open as you believe. On top of that Gabes catching under 50% of the balls thrown to him.  McKenzie is not filling Beasleys roll very well either, that’s why he’s not getting the targets. 
It’s the first year the two of them are starters and both are struggling. It’s been overlooked because we were winning.  

Even as a fan, I got so frustrated at Josh scanning the whole field and not finding anyone open.  It seemed like the whole game almost, outside of the few Diggs plays.  Our 1st 2 TD were Josh Allen runs

4 hours ago, harryS said:

The board is more readable now that it's been injected by some realism.  A couple weeks ago, anyone was a bad fan basically if we didn't think this team was a GOAT contender.

We're a very good team with a couple of obvious weaknesses like O-line that disqualify us from GOAT contention. but we can still be the best team in the NFL if the defense gets/stays healthy.  This was true a couple weeks ago.  It is true now.

I agree with all of this. I'd just add that these turnovers will kill us in the playoffs. And our "skill" positions need to step up (apart from Diggs and Allen).

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Defense wasn't good either. No pass rush. No tackling on the back side of the  defense. Literally NOTHING (again) from our top ten pick DT.  

Agree. Add on they played the Jets offense. Right now, Wilson is a bottom tier QB and they lost their best weapon in Hall. They literally got beat by a pretty poor offensive team by all standards. However, make no mistake about it the Bills offense contributed to the loss as well as special teams and coaching. This was a total team loss from top to bottom. We will have to see how the team responds you going forward. The division is a dogfight now as well as the number one seed. 

6 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

Media loves to compare QB's. I guess so do I. I'd like Allen to be the best, have the best season. I feel that is certainly part of a SB run. I see no issues with making the comparisons.

I mean you can compare teams right now too. I'm thinking the Dolphins as of today are the better team. Never thought I'd be saying that. Tua is playing out of his mind in that system and Hill and Waddle are virtually unstoppable. Mosert and Wilson are not bad either. The young team is rolling with confidence. Maybe this "Tua thing" is for real. Hard not to be concerned as a Bills fan. The Jets and the Pats are another story. Both QBs just won't get it done. Not too concerned about their long term success. 

9 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Let me ask you this. Are you concerned at all about the way the Bills are playing?

Comments on the Bills run D? coaches either refuse to change it or possibly combination of injuries/stubbornness? not part of the planning so it’s speculation on my part.

Comments on the Bills Oline? General lack of talent throughout the league, Bills aren’t the only team with issues and some blame could be put on Josh as he masks a lot of ugly, perhaps. 

Bills run game? See KC and much of the league, screens and dump offs are the new runs. Dime a dozen backs are all that’s needed (I don’t buy this🤷🏼‍♂️), yet again pick your poison either take the ball from JA’s hands out let him do his thing and go with the injury risks.

Allen's play and turnovers? See above, he’s been carrying the team IMO for so long that’s the expectation. Send you take the bad with the good until either o-line play improves, play calling improves or both. 

Lack of others on offense besides Diggs? Been said for awhile, passing league and that’s what the teams do. So bracket the star and let the others beat their coverage. Sometimes we’re going to play other teams with star quality players too. 

Coaching game plan and game time adjustments? Speculation is all we can do. 

Bills 0-2 in the division? It’s  a long season, division games have always been the toughest ones. Either they win and feast or the teams hit its current potential. 

Bills injury concerns? All the teams have them, adjust and coaching next man up. 

Let's hear your opinion instead of a generalized bashing of people overreacting. 😂😂 take it as bashing if you will, the sky is falling crowd makes the GDT unbearable at times, the overreaction crowd makes PGT the same. It’s entertainment, a game. This fan base above all should know this by now, some have never lived through 4 straight SB losses and it shows. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Haven't read the whole thread, but this is another post reinforcing why I tend not to come to this forum on the Monday after a loss.

Overreactions, exaggerations, and overly simplistic generalizations galore.

If by "blueprint" you mean being able to get home with 3 and 4 rushers and dropping 7 or 8, and having two really excellent corners....then sure, blueprint is out. It always has been. Almost no offense can win in those conditions. See "New York Giants vs New England Patriots Super Bowl 2007". See "Bills vs Steelers" or "Bills vs Jaguars" from the 2021 season.

As to whether most teams can actually do that against Buffalo? I'm doubtful.

The rest is just noise. Run the ball and play ball control and keep it out of Josh's hands? How did that work for Green Bay last week?

I'm already ready for next Sunday. My goodness.

Edited by Logic
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/6/2022 at 6:16 PM, nedboy7 said:

Josh was the problem.  Don't try to spread the blame.  You tell us what the lead is.  You can read. 

We’ll sure, it is a 1/2 game lead over Jets and Miami with them holding tie breaker over Bills.  No guarantee Bills win this division.  Jets and Miami are much better than everyone thought.

1 hour ago, OldTimer1960 said:

We’ll sure, it is a 1/2 game lead over Jets and Miami with them holding tie breaker over Bills.  No guarantee Bills win this division.  Jets and Miami are much better than everyone thought.

Miami and NYJ do not have the tie breaker over the Bills until the 2nd game is played. 

In reality the Bills have the edge with one less loss than either.

Could that change? Sure. But i can't help but remember this stupid ass clip and think why are Bills fans this way about their own team? (At least these were NE fans). Have some damn hope and stop clinging to some "down to earth" reality about something you can't predict with any kind of accuracy, or you'd be extremely rich on the betting apps.

Edited by What a Tuel

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.