Does Bills at Jets move to 4:25?

djp14150

17 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

Looking at week 9

Rams at Bucs is the only 4:25 game on CBS

Giants on bye

this is during November ratings period so CBS wants a strong audience to lead into prime time.

Tennessee at KC for nbc so I don’t see that being moved.

Do they normally flex games into the 4:25 slot?

18 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Maybe. The NFL is doing everything they can to make the Jets look relevant.

Never seen such a fraudulent 5-2 team.

Fluke comeback win against the Browns.

Beat 3rd string rookie QB in Miami

Beat the bad broncos

Beat the bad steelers

Beat the Packers and Aaron Rodgers?!?!?....wait so did the Commanders.

Is it the Jets or the Opponents?

On the flip side they got handled by the respectable Ravens and Bengals.

I'm not usually one to discount a teams wins, but come on, besides Aaron Rodgers, thats bottom of the barrel.

They will come crashing back to reality when they face us and the Vikings, but lucky for them, the rest of the schedule is fairly cake being the last place AFC Team and getting the Jaguars, Seahawks, and Broncos. I think the Jaguars and Seahawks give them a run for the money though.

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

34 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Beat the bad broncos

Beat the bad steelers

I'm not usually one to discount a teams wins, but come on, besides Aaron Rodgers, thats bottom of the barrel.

They will come crashing back to reality when they face us and the Vikings, but lucky for them, the rest of the schedule is fairly cake being the last place AFC Team and getting the Jaguars, Seahawks, and Broncos. I think the Jaguars and Seahawks give them a run for the money though.

Seahawks will kill them.

59 minutes ago, LEBills said:

Do they normally flex games into the 4:25 slot?

Yes …they can move games between 1 and 4 on the same network or cross flex them.

the premise is they have just one 425game like they did for bills at kc.

historically if they have a solo game that doesn’t look that good they have and can move additional games to that slot.

Edited by djp14150

14 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Seahawks will kill them.

Certain Geno Smith may have some extra motivation to beating his former team.  Not that it really matters I don't see any afce team challenging the Bills for the Division until they set themselves up with enough elite defensive talents to unseat a Josh lead Bills offense.  Very few teams can even hope to match Josh and it usually takes an extreme act of nature to pull out a victory.  NE with the strong wind last year, this year Miamis  extreme heat.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

Beat the bad broncos

Beat the bad steelers

Really the only good part of the Jets is their D line.  But THAT is very good.  If the Bills can block them up, they'll win easily.

1 hour ago, AuntieEm said:

Certain Geno Smith may have some extra motivation to beating his former team.  Not that it really matters I don't see any afce team challenging the Bills for the Division until they set themselves up with enough elite defensive talents to unseat a Josh lead Bills offense.  Very few teams can even hope to match Josh and it usually takes an extreme act of nature to pull out a victory.  NE with the strong wind last year, this year Miamis  extreme heat.  

Are the Bills not God's favorites?  Their run of lousy weather games brings to mind the "Protestant winds" that helped England defeat the Spanish Armada.  Could it be God resents destruction of folding tables and abhors ketchup abuse?  Or maybe this is just how God is toughening them up to win it all.  

• Haha (+1) 2

If the Jets beat NE and BUF beats GB then you have 6-1 vs 6-2. It's possible. While losing Breece is a big loss for them they still have Michael Carter who is pretty good. More pressure on Zach to step up. So far he is nothing more than a game manager. 

4 minutes ago, Greg S said:

If the Jets beat NE and BUF beats GB then you have 6-1 vs 6-2. It's possible. While losing Breece is a big loss for them they still have Michael Carter who is pretty good. More pressure on Zach to step up. So far he is nothing more than a game manager. 

105 yards passing and 99 yards passing in the last 2 wins.  Thats barely game management.  I'd have to look at splits for when Carters on the field, but just on base numbers he averages 3.5 YPC vs Halls 5.8.  The big play potential is gone which means Wilson will need to be better.  He has fewer yards passing in 4 starts than Flacco, and somehow has 50 less attempts.  

Their Defense has a takeaway in every game so far this season, and they did throttle the packers.  I don't see them as a big problem, but they're young and that's very likely going to be the identity of this version of the Jets.  But they also played QBs like Thompson, Brisset, Rypien, Trubisky, and PIckett.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

105 yards passing and 99 yards passing in the last 2 wins.  Thats barely game management.  I'd have to look at splits for when Carters on the field, but just on base numbers he averages 3.5 YPC vs Halls 5.8.  The big play potential is gone which means Wilson will need to be better.  He has fewer yards passing in 4 starts than Flacco, and somehow has 50 less attempts.  

Their Defense has a takeaway in every game so far this season, and they did throttle the packers.  I don't see them as a big problem, but they're young and that's very likely going to be the identity of this version of the Jets.  But they also played QBs like Thompson, Brisset, Rypien, Trubisky, and PIckett.  

Wouldn't surprise me if the Jets look into trading for Cam Akers with the trade deadline coming up. 

• Agree 1

I don't think they flex games during the afternoons on Sunday's. I think that's only reserved for possibly moving them to Sunday nights. The Jets also just likely lost Breece Hall for the year to an ACL injury. Their season, whatever it was going to be, is probably a wash now. 

8 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

Beat the bad broncos

Beat the bad steelers

I think it's odd that you state that they beat the Dolphins with their 3rd string backup, yet ignore that their 2 losses were with the corpse of Joe Flacco at QB. Not that Wilson is a world beater by any means.

It's easy to discount teams these days. It's much easier to just say "Jets bad" or "Dolphins bad" than to acknowledge the elephant in the room. This season outside of 4 or maybe 5 teams..."NFL Bad".

There are so many poorly constructed teams. Look at what the 49ers just spent for CMC. Yes he's great. But they already have Wilson who is solid. They have Mitchell coming off IR. They use Deebo to run. Perhaps they should have spent those picks on a QB. The age of parity has almost become the age of parody when it comes to quality games. Thursday games are often completely unwatchable. QB play is atrocious league wide (again except for a select few). Every team has a chance to win on almost any Sunday. 

What makes a team like the Jets dangerous in a game by game situation is that they have a very solid defense. That will help keep most games close right off the bat. They have (had) a solid run game and were able to get some solid special team plays and pull off wins. However wins like against the Packers, Dolphins and especially that wild comeback win against the Browns get young players to "buy in" and believe they can roll with anyone. Confidence can be a great friend when all else in about even. 

In any event up to this point in the season the Jets have lined up for 7 games and won 5 of them. That's not an accident. Their schedule is not very tough at all. They can stockpile wins and hit the playoffs. Not that they will be anything other than 1 and done...but making the playoffs this year would be a HUGE win for them. Now, I'm not saying that head to head they have a chance against the Bills just yet. However they are being built very well and have a young and talented core of players. Now they just have to figure out the QB spot.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.