Beane and Sean salaries

arcadia bob

2 hours ago, Bills2022 said:

McDermott is believed to be making $8M a year.  GM's traditionally don't make NFL Coach money.  I heard on a radio show as a general rule of thumb the GM is about half of what a coach makes.  They also said all the click bait sites claiming to know what coaches and GM makes are hilariously wrong.  

Bingo you are correct 

Appox 4.2 -4.7

12 hours ago, Bangarang said:

McD makes more but Beane gets a company car, a Chrysler Sebring Convertible 

Michael Scott?

12 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Whatever it is, it’s a good deal 

Assistant to the regional manager 

Love it, well played!

11 hours ago, Cruiserplayer said:

Underpaid 

Yup.

I think the Pegulas are smart (and wealthy) enough to understand that money should never be the reason to lose either one of those guys.  It's crystal clear that they know how to do their jobs at a high level, and those are extremely difficult jobs.   They may not always get the results we're seeing, because there's some luck involved, but there is no question that these guys are at the top the game.  Very few others are able to do what they do. 

There is no salary cap on coaches and staff and the Pegulas have demonstrated a willingness to pay for the best. For that I am thankful. People forget that Mike Shula and Joe Brady are on the offensive staff. There is no way that both of those guys are not earning more than what a QB coach and a "senior offensive assistant" usually make. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo03 said:

I know that. I'm mainly speaking in general terms

In the NFL, the closer to the field you are, the more money you make. Superstar players make way more than coaches. Coaches make more than GM's. It's because they have a more direct impact on wins and losses on a week to week basis, the jobs are more prestigious, and they are more in the public eye.

1 minute ago, MJS said:

In the NFL, the closer to the field you are, the more money you make. Superstar players make way more than coaches. Coaches make more than GM's. It's because they have a more direct impact on wins and losses on a week to week basis, the jobs are more prestigious, and they are more in the public eye.

Fair enough 

14 hours ago, ganesh said:

Matt Rhule was paid $70M for 7 years...Unlike players, he gets to collect the remaining $40M from the panthers if he chooses to NOT work during that time.

Man that’s nice. I no Rex Ryan was still collecting those big checks and let everyone no lol 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.