Titans/City Agree on New DOMED Stadium

Protocal69

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Again I’m not saying josh wouldn’t be amazing in a dome…. 

it’s about the other QBs being MUCH WORSE HERE

and that NE game WAS a once in generation game … we do not get 65mph gusts regularly 

we do get 20-30 mph and josh cuts through it like butter … even in the wind game JA hit Diggs 50 yards downfield on a throw nobody alive could make but him … and it was dropped 

I’ve always stood by that lots of QBs can play the game of their life in perfect conditions… that changes when they come to RWS in January 

it’s about them being worse … I don’t believe a lot of QBs can come there and win in January 

So once again, you have no faith in the talent of our team.  You need mother nature to influence the outcome.  How insulting.  

And besides that, it's a crackpot theory. You've been asked multiple times to provide examples of where the weather was the reason why we won and how it was an advantage to us.  Unless I've missed it, you've still never done it.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

So once again, you have no faith in the talent of our team.  You need mother nature to influence the outcome.  How insulting.

You keep bringing up a strawman 

I’ve never ONCE said I don’t believe in the talent of the Bills … that has NOTHING to do with the fact I want opposing QBs to be the worst possible 

I want the easiest team in the SB too… am I trashing the talent of the bills because I don’t want them playing the best nfc team too? I’m sure you’ll say that too

wanting the opposing team to be uncomfortable HAS NOTHING to do with the talent level on the Bills…. Literally nothing 

i want opposing QBs throwing ducks … all NFL QBs can sling in a dome… they can’t at RWS in the winter 

Edited by Buffalo716

I would like a real scientific study on field team competitiveness of Highmark vs covered. Seems like that competitive analysis would be key for mgt. 

There was a time when we heard rumors  that offense players didn’t look at BUF favorably (due to their stat drag, with incentives etc.(yes, QB sucking didn’t help)

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

I’ve never ONCE said I don’t believe in the talent of the Bills … that has NOTHING to do with the fact I want opposing QBs to be the worst possible 

I want the easiest team in the SB too… am I trashing the talent of the bills because I don’t want them playing the best nfc team too? I’m sure you’ll say that too

wanting the opposing team to be uncomfortable HAS NOTHING to do with the talent level on the Bills…. Literally nothing 

i want opposing QBs throwing ducks … all NFL QBs can sling in a dome… they can’t at RWS in the winter 

You've been asked multiple time to provide examples of games where the weather directly contributed to us wining and being a detriment to the other team. You have yet to do it.  That speaks for itself.

4 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

You've been asked multiple time to provide examples of games where the weather directly contributed to us wining and being a detriment to the other team. You have yet to do it.  That speaks for itself.

There have been a lot of games over 50 years at the Ralph where weather effected opposing QBs

If you don’t believe that then you’re just lying… That doesn’t mean it’s never hurt the bills either 

but it 100% effects QBs 

thats a fact … it’s about hurting the other team 

Edited by Buffalo716

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

If that's not an admission you have no faith in your team I don't know what is and considering every super bowl is played in a location where the weather is not expected to be a factor, the Bills will have to be on an equal playing field as far as weather goes, which is unfortunate for you I guess.

1 minute ago, Billz4ever said:

If that's not an admission you have no faith in your team I don't know what is and considering every super bowl is played in a location where the weather is not expected to be a factor, the Bills will have to be on an equal playing field as far as weather goes, which is unfortunate for you I guess.

You’re literally trolling 

95% of everybody understands what I mean fully and I have NEVER trashed my Buffalo Bills

if terry thought a dome WAS THE ANSWER … he would’ve done whatever to get it

Edited by Buffalo716

I think we hit 98 yarder vs PIT due to wind.

8 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

directly contributed to us wining and being a detriment to the other team.

98 yarder. 3rd play. Starting the game, PIT D played far too close to goal. PIT wrongly assumed there’s no way josh cuts thru that wind, over top. He did. 

I’m pro stadium cover because we aren’t always going to have Josh and I want to attract the best players. 

Edited by Since1981

8 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

There have been a lot of games over 50 years at the Ralph where weather effected opposing QBs

If you don’t believe that then you’re just lying… That doesn’t mean it’s never hurt the bills either 

but it 100% effects QBs 

thats a fact … it’s about hurting the other team 

Still no examples.  Crackpot theory.

I rest my case.

This isn't Miami where one sideline is shades while the visitors bake and it's 30 degrees warmer.

Imagine being so sure of something and arguing it over and over, yet you can't provide a single example of it.

Not to mention, it shows a clear lack of faith in the talent of the team you claim to support if you want the weather to "hurt the other team".  (But can't provide any examples of where that actually happened).

5 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

98 yarder. 3rd play. Starting the game, PIT D played far too close to goal. PIT wrongly assumed there’s no way josh cuts thru that wind, over top. He did. 

I’m pro stadium cover because we aren’t always going to have Josh and I want to attract the best players. 

Wait, you're claiming that was because of the wind and not Josh's skill? FYI, teams switch endzones at the end of each quarter, so one team never benefits from the wind the entire game. 

Josh can make that throw all day.

Edited by Billz4ever

7 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Still no examples.  Crackpot theory.

I rest my case.

This isn't Miami where one sideline is shades while the visitors bake and it's 30 degrees warmer.

Imagine being so sure of something and arguing it over and over, yet you can't provide a single example of it.

Not to mention, it shows a clear lack of faith in the talent of the team you claim to support if you want the weather to "hurt the other team".  (But can't provide any examples of where that actually happened).

I don’t need to Bend to your will lol 

Every single person whos gone to Ralph Wilson stadium in the winter has seen how it effects QBs and kickers 

Justin tucker the greatest kicker ever has struggled in Buffalo … only stadium he has missed twice from inside 50 yards and he said it was the gusts

Edited by Buffalo716

2 hours ago, Dick_Cheney said:

If we were to have a dome instead of an open air stadium, I fully believe we win an extra championship (I think we'll get 2 in the next 4 years), and Allen and the gang will have a historically good offense.

Say what you will about the history of the game, people being crybabies, blah blah blah. The cold weather is terrible. Playing in a controlled environment in Buffalo is what this board should be clamoring for.

Yeah.  Watching Mahomes and Allen yesterday in ideal weather conditions yesterday was great and it would be even better in a dome.  I want to see the best in the purest conditions.  When I watched Hollyfield and Tyson in the 90's I didn't want them boxing on surfboards in the ocean.

• Like (+1) 1

I don’t need to Bend to your will lol 

Every single person whos gone to Ralph Wilson stadium in the winter has seen how it effects other QBs and kickers 

Justin tucker the greatest kicker ever has struggled in Buffalo … only stadium he has missed twice from inside 50 yards and he said it was the gusts

If you could, you'd have clearly done it by now.  Fact is you can't. Period.

You're really reaching now LMAO.  Kickers? 

Hate to break it to you, but both Kickers would have to deal with the wind, so that's an utterly ridiculous attempt at trying to prove your stupid theory.  On top of that, you really think Justin Tucker has never had to deal with wind before? LMAO 

And the fact he missed, that automatically means it was the wind, right? 😂😂🤣

3 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

If you could, you'd have clearly done it by now.  Fact is you can't. Period.

You're really reaching now LMAO.  Kickers? 

Hate to break it to you, but both Kickers would have to deal with the wind, so that's an utterly ridiculous attempt at trying to prove your stupid theory.  On top of that, you really think Justin Tucker has never had to deal with wind before? LMAO 

And the fact he missed, that automatically means it was the wind, right? 😂😂🤣

Your a good troll

everybody understands what I’m saying even if they don’t believe it

you can’t even admit that our weather effects QBs 

Edited by Buffalo716

9 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Your a good troll

So you're crackpot theory says that Justin Tucker missed, but if it was the Bills kicker they would've made both? LMAO 

That would have to be your argument for the weather to be an advantage to the Bills.

Do you even know how ridiculous you sound right now?

Edited by Billz4ever

4 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

You're clueless.

So you're crackpot theory says that Justin Tucker missed, but if it was the Bills kicker they would've made both? LMAO 

That would have to be your argument for the weather to be an advantage to the Bills.

Do you even know how ridiculous you sound right now?

Dude you been using strawman arguments  forever 

I never said the bills kicker would’ve made it… I’ve maintained that our weather effects teams

and it effects other QBs more than Josh … it’s that simple and your just seeing what sticks 

the winter weather in Buffalo effects teams … we get to practice in it … we get to be more prepared 

Josh and Jim could make throws that others couldn’t

Edited by Buffalo716

Just now, Since1981 said:

No seriously. ONLY 3rd play of game. PIT D hadn’t yet acclimated nor accounted for Josh arm into stiff 25 mph wind. They naturally and incorrectly assumed he couldn’t hit it with wind and played safety far too close. Weather advantage Bills. 

How do you know that was the reason? That's you making an assumption. Looked to me like the safety took a bad angle.  

And using your same logic, at the end of the quarter, whether is now advantage Pit.  

It's a dumb argument since both teams play in it.

I never said the bills kicker would’ve made it… I’ve maintained that our weather effects teams

and it effects other QBs more than Josh … it’s that simple and your just seeing what sticks 

the winter weather in Buffalo effects teams … we get to practice in it … we get to be more prepared 

You brought up Justin Tucker missing.  That is you literally implying the Bills kicker would've made the kick that Tucker missed.

If both Kickers have to deal with it then it's not an advantage for the Bills, brainiac.  

You're hopeless.

How do you know that was the reason? That's you making an assumption. Looked to me like the safety took a bad angle.  

And using your same logic, at the end of the quarter, whether is now advantage Pit.  

It's a dumb argument since both teams play in it.

You brought up Justin Tucker missing.  That is you literally implying the Bills kicker would've made the kick that Tucker missed.

If both Kickers have to deal with it then it's not an advantage for the Bills, brainiac.  

You're hopeless.

It’s an advantage when noodle arm Mac jones comes to the Ralph and he can’t throw

even Lamar’s balls here in the winter playoff game we’re duckish … tarons pick 6 was a duck … in perfect weather he has good zip 

it effected his arm 

Now you're claiming QB'S like Marino couldn't make those throws?

LMAO 

How many times did Brady play in Buffalo in the winter and beat us?  Brady beat us 15 consecutive times.  That's the equivalent of 7 and 1/2 seasons straight.  How much do you think the Buffalo weather affected him?

It’s an advantage when noodle arm Mac jones comes to the Ralph and he can’t throw

even Lamar’s balls here in the winter playoff game we’re duckish … tarons pick 6 was a duck … in perfect weather he has good zip 

it effected his arm 

You mean the game where Mac Jones beat us in the wind?

LMAO

Edited by Billz4ever

27 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

That’s a valid point, but there are a lot of other bad weather stadiums that are not enclosed that are able to attract top end free agents. I think a better designed stadium that can cut down on the impact of the elements can go a long way… how many players were anti New England, Green Bay, Pittsburg, etc. just because they were cold weather outside.

Just now, rusty shackleford said:

That’s a valid point, but there are a lot of other bad weather stadiums that are not enclosed that are able to attract top end free agents. I think a better designed stadium that can cut down on the impact of the elements can go a long way… how many players were anti New England, Green Bay, Pittsburg, etc. just because they were cold weather outside.

But if you had the option wouldn't you like to have an enclosed stadium where weather isn't a factor for either team and you can just enjoy the game without freezing?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

But if you had the option wouldn't you like to have an enclosed stadium where weather isn't a factor for either team and you can just enjoy the game without freezing?

Yeah of course from a fan perspective I would prefer it. I had seasons for 10 years and that was a factor why I stopped renewing a few years ago. But from a player perspective I don’t think it’s as big of a factor. You want to be on a winning team no matter what. When you only play 8 home games and a few have a possibility to be a weather factor, it shouldn’t be a top concern.

Actually think one of the biggest benefits to having a dome here would be the non football stuff… big concerts, car shows, boat shows, monster trucks, whatever, would be a big boost to the economy and would offset costs. With Ralph gone nobody would object to all that multi use. 

Edited by rusty shackleford
Missing word
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34816198/titans-nashville-reach-deal-domed-22b-stadium

Cost: 2.2 Billion

I really wish we were getting a domed stadium instead of an open stadium

Remember Bills new stadium will cost 1.4 Billion - All Tax payer funded in comparison

Pegs and NFL paying over 50% of new Bills stadium when it is all said and done.

1 hour ago, aceman_16 said:

Also had leather helmets at one time....

and no passing. lol

Doesn't matter how many hotel rooms are available in Buffalo and the surrounding area for a Super Bowl, the new stadium is going to be lacking one thing the NFL requires to host a SB, and that's seating...

The host stadium must be in a market that hosts an NFL team and must have a minimum of 70,000 seats

How are Super Bowl cities selected? - AS USA

Edited by Just Jack
  • Like (+1) 1

In Nashville's case, a covered or retractable facility makes sense.  

They will host Superbowls and it is an attractive venue/host city for the NFL.  

NCAA Football conferences and teams will schedule large-ticket games there.

They will also be on the short list for other large-scale events. Wrestlemania, Final Four, etc

Unfortunately, none of these are/were a realistic possibility for Buffalo.  Nashville is a very attractive, fun, magnet-type of city and has become kind of the Vegas of the East.  It could actually compete with the venues in Atlanta, Dallas, LA, Vegas for events.  

Edited by May Day 10

17 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34816198/titans-nashville-reach-deal-domed-22b-stadium

Cost: 2.2 Billion

I really wish we were getting a domed stadium instead of an open stadium

Remember Bills new stadium will cost 1.4 Billion - All Tax payer funded in comparison

Maybe you'd be happier with a soccer team. Domes make football trash. You're also completely wrong about the funding, but I guess that's on trend.

• Vomit 2
  • Disagree 1

Someone help me with math...

Total cost: $2.2Billion

Titans ownership has reportedly agreed to put up $800 million to help fund the project.

The stadium also will be funded by a $500 million investment by the state.

That is still a $900M gap in funding.

Funding for the new stadium comes from four separate revenue sources. The Titans, the NFL and personal seat license (PSL) sales combined represent the largest source of funding for the new stadium... Additionally, the team agrees to waive $32 million of outstanding bills owed by the city for construction and maintenance performed on Nissan Stadium over the past four years. As part of the overall project budget, the team also agrees to pay off the remaining $30 million in bonds owed on Nissan Stadium. This represents $62 million in additional unfunded liabilities relieved as part of the agreement.

Still a $838M gap in funding.

Do they expect $838M from PSLs???

1 hour ago, Just Jack said:

Doesn't matter how many hotel rooms are available in Buffalo and the surrounding area for a Super Bowl, the new stadium is going to be lacking one thing the NFL requires to host a SB, and that's seating...

How are Super Bowl cities selected? - AS USA

That's the open-air stadium that's getting built.  A retractable roof or dome would be a completely different design.

2 minutes ago, nucci said:

index.thumb.jpg.e54d5275f20c30aa1d95b7315e7a549a.jpg

you need at least 70K seats to get awarded a Superbowl. New stadium won't have that

And the new stadium is open-air.  If it was a dome or retractable roof, it would be a completely different design, so we don't know how many it would theoretically seat.

Personally, I think the way the new stadium is designed is going to shut down all the "I wish it was a dome!" talk once and for all.

Assuming it's somewhat like the Seahawks' stadium, and given the 90 degree rotation of the new stadium's orientation...it's going to be the best of both worlds: Football outside, in the elements, as God intended...AND some legitimate protection from the wind, rain, and other elements.

I really think Bills fans will be pleased.

Actually, I take that back. Some people are NEVER pleased. What was I thinking?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Personally, I think the way the new stadium is designed is going to shut down all the "I wish it was a dome!" talk once and for all.

Assuming it's somewhat like the Seahawks' stadium, and given the 90 degree rotation of the new stadium's orientation...it's going to be the best of both worlds: Football outside, in the elements, as God intended...AND some legitimate protection from the wind, rain, and other elements.

I really think Bills fans will be pleased.

Actually, I take that back. Some people are NEVER pleased. What was I thinking?

god created football?

14 minutes ago, nucci said:

index.thumb.jpg.e54d5275f20c30aa1d95b7315e7a549a.jpg

you need at least 70K seats to get awarded a Superbowl. New stadium won't have that

Unless the capacity of Raymond-James Stadium is being reported incorrectly (65,890), Tampa shouldn't be able to host a Super Bowl.  Obviously, they have.

They are adding temp seating to bring the capacity closer to near 70K now, but the season before last, they hosted the SB.  

https://www.buccaneers.com/news/krewes-nest-end-zone-seating-fifth-third-bank-gate-fast-lane-upgraded-food

Edited by Billz4ever

Unless the capacity of Raymond-James Stadium is being reported incorrectly (65,890), Tampa shouldn't be able to host a Super Bowl.  Obviously, they have.

They are adding temp seating to bring the capacity closer to near 70K now, but the season before last, they hosted the SB.  

https://www.buccaneers.com/news/krewes-nest-end-zone-seating-fifth-third-bank-gate-fast-lane-upgraded-food

ok, you made your point. I don't care anymore. Buffalo is not getting a dome or a Superbowl played here

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.