All your juicy Odell Beckham gossip

Simon

OBJ needs to settle on deal for remainder of the season if I was Beane. I don't care much about him playing in the regular season as long as he is able to practice with team for next month while trying to get up to speed with the offense. Josh and him can put in some work on the side to get some familiarity with each other and some reps in practice once OBJ is comfortable. Team can then determine whether or not he has a chance to contribute in the post season. He can then go look for longer term deal next year but imagine he will need to settle for a 1 yr prove it deal regardless of the team.

41 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Time to fire up the rumor mill again.

I think that is posturing for several reasons

1) keep teams thinking they want him so that'll maybe make someone flinch for him

2) be in his good graces for 2023 (tho I want Myers)

3) make his friends on the team happy

4) he doesn't have to say yes or no or reveal anything with this answer. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

OBJ needs to settle on deal for remainder of the season if I was Beane. I don't care much about him playing in the regular season as long as he is able to practice with team for next month while trying to get up to speed with the offense. Josh and him can put in some work on the side to get some familiarity with each other and some reps in practice once OBJ is comfortable. Team can then determine whether or not he has a chance to contribute in the post season. He can then go look for longer term deal next year but imagine he will need to settle for a 1 yr prove it deal regardless of the team.

This makes zero sense for OBJ unless he's in dire need of some pocket change.

Play a few games, for little money, no long term deal and risk hurting your long term contract prospects in the offseason?  If he just waits, he'll have plenty of teams interested in him when he's fully healed and able to workout before/during Free Agency. 

• Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Oh boy… Get ‘er done Beane! Don’t care if it’s just in time for playoffs. 

Maybe he's just trying to light a fire under Gabe Davis.   He needs to step up or he's not gonna be WR2 much longer

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Play a few games, for little money, no long term deal and risk hurting your long term contract prospects in the offseason?  If he just waits, he'll have plenty of teams interested in him when he's fully healed and able to workout before/during Free Agency. 

Which makes me want to offer:

3 years (including 2022) @ $9mm, $300k for this year + $1.2mm kicked at end of year. Then $3mm the next two years with incentives to max out at $9mm/yrs

We would include an opt out for us at the end of the year this season and an opt out for him with the remaining $3mm at the end of 2023 season. This way if he uses next year and "proves it" and wants to go to the open market, good luck. Or we can work out a long term deal, too.

8 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Yeah if he wants to make a run at another Super Bowl whether that is here or another team those are the sacrifices you need to make. If he is more concerned about his long term earning potential he should look to come back in 2023. I don't see any team handing him long term deal this year. Come next year any deal will also probably be considered 1 yr prove it deal with added years tacked on if he can prove that is healthy and able to perform at high level.

Edited by billieve420

I agree that OBJ is in a bit of a tight spot here.

On the one hand, teams will be worried about the knee and hesitant to sign him for big $$ this offseason if they don't see first that he can still be a force. 

On the other hand, if the knee pops again he's done. 

It sucks for the player, because he was on his way to a possible Super Bowl MVP type performance when the knee went out and let the Bengals back into the game. But with the ACL tearing 2 years in a row and him getting up there a little in years teams are going to be cautious. 

On 12/14/2022 at 2:44 PM, TheFunPolice said:

I agree that OBJ is in a bit of a tight spot here.

On the one hand, teams will be worried about the knee and hesitant to sign him for big $$ this offseason if they don't see first that he can still be a force. 

On the other hand, if the knee pops again he's done. 

It sucks for the player, because he was on his way to a possible Super Bowl MVP type performance when the knee went out and let the Bengals back into the game. But with the ACL tearing 2 years in a row and him getting up there a little in years teams are going to be cautious. 

Is it a tight spot?   He doesn't have to play this season.

I've wondered from the outset why he would even want to come back this season at all.

I'm sure if he had a great workout for teams in early March he'd be in great position to get a big contract in what promises to be a fairly weak WR market.

16 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

As much as I wanted OBJ, Beasley can be more impactful starting tomorrow. 

I'm not going to downplay it...........the Bills really need a route versatile WR2..........but you don't always get a chance to change the dynamic of your offense in season.   

You gotta' take care of business when the market is flush with options.........the offseason.........and Beane dropped that ball.

As a Yankees fan I can attest that even teams that win all the time need to be reminded to do this.     Yankees have become a team that waits until the trade deadline to make deals and it's cost them.    I think Beane thought he could try to get by with a couple low cost fliers at slot receiver and elevate Davis to WR2 by himself and if that didn't work he could find help at the deadline.    No dice this year.

Beasley will help them be better at what they've become.........a station to station offense that relies on Allen running 6-10 times per game to be effective. 

• Agree 1

On 12/14/2022 at 12:45 PM, Lost said:

Maybe he's just trying to light a fire under Gabe Davis.   He needs to step up or he's not gonna be WR2 much longer

Davis is already on the way to his best season with the Bills.  The major change form last year (when everyone was high on him) is a drop rate from 7.9 to 9.9%--neither good.  But he is much more productive overall this season than any other.  

He isn't going to become a better receiver without more targets. 

Looking for an often injured WR with a catch rate in the low to mid 50%'s and 40 YPG for a ton of money?  OBJ is that guy.

Pass...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.