Week 4: Bills at Ravens 10/2 1pm

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

Im on record saying what?  I didnt say that at all.  I said they know how to do that and have done that.  As to the last line, thats about where I sit.  I have no idea how they are going to do and I have no idea who will even be playing.  These injuries are tough to overcome.  I just dont get all paranoid and worked up over the unknown.  I turn the game on and enjoy the game from start to finish.  Win or lose.  Am I pissed off we lost this week?  Damn right I am, but the emotions from that are what make football enjoyable.  If I didnt give a crap then what fun would that be?  If we blew everyone out and never lost a game and won superbowl every damn year at some point that would even get boring and I would stop caring too.

The difference between last week and this week watching a football game were by the end of the third quarter I pretty much stopped watching the game because I just didnt care.  Nothing was going to happen to make me care.  I started focusing more on the forums than the game.  I dont even remember the fourth quarter.  This week I watched intently through the whole game.  Jumping in excitement and pounding the table in disappointment.  Sure, I love to blow people out but honestly tough close games are more fun.  Im not scared of them.

Maybe you should be a little fearful. The Bills are 0-7 in their last one score games. I'll take a blowout win any day, all day, and every game. I enjoy Bills blowouts just as much as close games. As you can see the Bills suck in close games. God forbid if I say something like 13 seconds. Oops...

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

Maybe you should be a little fearful. The Bills are 0-7 in their last one score games. I'll take a blowout win any day, all day, and every game. I enjoy Bills blowouts just as much as close games. As you can see the Bills suck in close games. God forbid if I say something like 13 seconds. Oops...

Why would I be fearful?  Its just a footbal game. I may have to have a third neck surgery that I find out about on Wednesday.  The last one left me paralyzed for months with contiuing complications for a year and a half now.  That I fear.  Watching a football game I do not.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

Ok you are on the record that the Bills will shut down and or contain Lamar. Things to consider are Balt is at home, Lamar is playing his best football of his career, and the Bills defense is a shell of itself due to injuries. I guess in your eyes the McDermott/ Frazier scheme will prevail. The defense will step it up. It's certainly possible. I still think it's a tall task. 

The Bills defense played well vs Miami all things considered. You can't discount or discredit the Waddle play. Nice try Scott. However, the Bills offense clearly assisted the defense. The Bills offense held onto the ball for 41 minutes. Miami threw the ball less than 20xs. The whole game very very strange and bizarre. An outlier in so many ways. Hill and Waddle were hardly targeted. But you are correct that I was incorrect about Hill and Waddle.

I'm was also wrong about the Bills scoring on the Dolphins. I thought Allen and company would put up 30 plus points on the Dolphins. Not in my wildest dreams did I think the Bills would hand the Dolphins the game with all their colossal mistakes. 

To be honest, I have no idea how the Bills are going to play. I don't even know whose playing anymore. The injuries are emmense and substantial. Your guess is as good as anyone's.

The defense is not a shell of itself. Just played the QB with the most passing yards through 2 weeks and he failed to hit 200 yards. Bills defense leads the league in yards per game and is 4th in points per game averaging 12.7 points allowed. The biggest part of containing Lamar is the defensive line, which should be in good shape for Sunday.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

The defense is not a shell of itself. Just played the QB with the most passing yards through 2 weeks and he failed to hit 200 yards. Bills defense leads the league in yards per game and is 4th in points per game averaging 12.7 points allowed. The biggest part of containing Lamar is the defensive line, which should be in good shape for Sunday.

I think it’s more of a testament to how well it’s playing with all of the injuries we were getting no up the middle pressure yet still pretty much shut Down Miami’s Passing attack we did not expect to be missing Dean Jackson then we even lost one of our rookie corners during the game

1 hour ago, TBBills said:

Leslie Fraizer now has 13 second and the 3rd and 22 debacle. This team will never be able to get rid of him.

I can't figure out why McD refuses to insert himself when these situations come up. Every time they did blitz, they had success and the fact that we blitz the least is nothing more than stubborn arrogance. Granted we finally got the talent to be able to rush 4, but they knew going into that heat they were down their 2 best interior lineman.

Anybody with any sense would have adapted and yet in Bills fashion, we still have a coordinator unable or refusing to adapt. Miami sent pressure nonstop and took away the deep completion. Out coached again.

To me, the 3rd and 22 was inexcusable and there's no sane argument against it. The chances of sending pressure and keeping any completion under 22 yds. is a lot better than giving Tua all day in the pocket. That was the most pathetic call I have seen on defense yet. At least 13 seconds can be argued who, when, what and where. Zero reasoning on this play.

Is McD afraid to step on Frazier's toes?

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Why would I be fearful?  Its just a footbal game. I may have to have a third neck surgery that I find out about on Wednesday.  The last one left me paralyzed for months with contiuing complications for a year and a half now.  That I fear.  Watching a football game I do not.

Good luck with your health issues. God be with you and your family. In the big scheme of things football isn't nearly as important than ones health. 

5 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Hope you are right. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Im on record saying what?  I didnt say that at all.  I said they know how to do that and have done that.  As to the last line, thats about where I sit.  I have no idea how they are going to do and I have no idea who will even be playing.  These injuries are tough to overcome.  I just dont get all paranoid and worked up over the unknown.  I turn the game on and enjoy the game from start to finish.  Win or lose.  Am I pissed off we lost this week?  Damn right I am, but the emotions from that are what make football enjoyable.  If I didnt give a crap then what fun would that be?  If we blew everyone out and never lost a game and won superbowl every damn year at some point that would even get boring and I would stop caring too.

The difference between last week and this week watching a football game were by the end of the third quarter I pretty much stopped watching the game because I just didnt care.  Nothing was going to happen to make me care.  I started focusing more on the forums than the game.  I dont even remember the fourth quarter.  This week I watched intently through the whole game.  Jumping in excitement and pounding the table in disappointment.  Sure, I love to blow people out but honestly tough close games are more fun.  Im not scared of them.

Once someone says you’re on record, I’m pretty sure you’re on record.  I had to stop reading after your first sentence because, you know, the record. 

1 hour ago, nosejob said:

I can't figure out why McD refuses to insert himself when these situations come up. Every time they did blitz, they had success and the fact that we blitz the least is nothing more than stubborn arrogance. Granted we finally got the talent to be able to rush 4, but they knew going into that heat they were down their 2 best interior lineman.

Anybody with any sense would have adapted and yet in Bills fashion, we still have a coordinator unable or refusing to adapt. Miami sent pressure nonstop and took away the deep completion. Out coached again.

To me, the 3rd and 22 was inexcusable and there's no sane argument against it. The chances of sending pressure and keeping any completion under 22 yds. is a lot better than giving Tua all day in the pocket. That was the most pathetic call I have seen on defense yet. At least 13 seconds can be argued who, when, what and where. Zero reasoning on this play.

Is McD afraid to step on Frazier's toes?

I don’t know about this.  I think on 3rd and 22, with all/most of the starters in, absent the issues with heat/humidity, this year they rush 4.  I think they played the odds that the secondary would hold up and give less than 22.   It didn’t work, but it seems logical that was the thought.  

3 hours ago, TBBills said:

Leslie Fraizer now has 13 second and the 3rd and 22 debacle. This team will never be able to get rid of him.

I am not going to kill Frazier and the Bills D for this game. With all the injuries in the secondary plus the Fins having good WR's I thought they held up well all things considered. The 3rd and 22 sucked but the Fins were going to make plays. This loss is on the offense. You have the ball for 40 minutes while running 90 plays all you can do is 17 points. The defense was going to need help in this game and the offense failed to deliver. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

8 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I am not going to kill Frazier and the Bills D for this game. With all the injuries in the secondary plus the Fins having good WR's I thought they held up well all things considered. The 3rd and 22 sucked but the Fins were going to make plays. This loss is on the offense. You have the ball for 40 minutes while running 90 plays all you can do is 17 points. The defense was going to need help in this game and the offense failed to deliver. 

Agreed.

McDermott/Frazier are elite defensive minds.  We can criticize them for 13 seconds and this repeated idiocy of rushing three on 3rd and longs, but even the greats have things they can be criticized over. 

With all the injuries, if someone told us that the defense would hold Miami to 21 points, with one drive starting inside our own ten yard line, NOBODY is thinking we lose that game.  

This loss was entirely on the offense (injuries/heat aside).  

Many of us can criticize decisions, while still acknowledging how good or great someone is.  

Josh Allen is the best player in the NFL.  He’s got to make that layup TD throw late in the game.   Doesn’t mean he’s not great.. just means he made a costly mistake. 

They will all learn from it and get better.

That being said.. Frazier acknowledged that 3rd down wasn’t his best moment, but he’s also repeatedly done that - and been burned by it.  If it keeps being done, I start to worry it’s a blind spot.  

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Another lousy weather game this week, it's supposed to be rainy and breezy (15-20mph), high of 68.  Remnants of hurricane Ian.

I'm sure the guys will like this much more than roasting on the verge of heat stroke.

Probably helps the Bills. With a slippery field that should help slow down LJ running. 

18 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Another lousy weather game this week, it's supposed to be rainy and breezy (15-20mph), high of 68.  Remnants of hurricane Ian.

I'm sure the guys will like this much more than roasting on the verge of heat stroke.

I'm going to follow this weather closely for the week lol.

This is what weather.com is saying now.  At least it's not showing as of now heavy showers or storms.

image.thumb.png.f98bf12f1daf79ba206dfaf0cda9cf1b.png

9 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I'd like to think McDermott doesn't have a week-to-week mindset like this. His mindset needs to be preparing the team for a championship run. Last year Allen played perfect playoff football and it still wasn't enough. You can't win a Super Bowl with 1 person doing 11 people's jobs. So they need to try some things now while the season is still young. Maybe they'll take some lumps and it will look ugly for a bit. But if it prepares them for January football it's worth it.

Disagree with this take. McDermott and coaches have to take a week to week focus. Each game presents different issues with different game plans. Each week is a building block to the make a playoff push and hopefully a Super Bowl win. 

The Bills coaching staff does try new things. Cook had a little bit of a run vs Miami. Some weeks Allen runs more, more run pass options are called, different defenses, stunts, blitzing or not, etc...

Last year, I felt like the Bills were prepared for the playoffs. What makes you think they weren't? The Bills were on a nice roll and had high confidence. Most fans felt that the Bills had a great chance to beat the mighty Chiefs. To win it all. The Bills smashed the Pats and played a winning game vs KC. The Bills didn't lose to KC because they weren't prepared or the coaches didn't try something  earlier in the season. In fact, it was quite the opposite. Early and middle of last season the Bills couldn't run the ball. They changed run schemes and personnel and boom they had a much better rushing attack. Your post is wildly inaccurate with respect. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Have you seen the Bills secondary? Lamar isn't a great passer but he's more than adequate enough to do some damage via the pass. Also, the secondary is important to stop the run too. The Bills defense has a tough task in Balt. Lamar isn't Tua, Tannyhill, or an immobile Stafford.  This will be a very good test. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.