Titans Monday Night!

Pete

4 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I had a dream we did this to Tannehill

That would be pleasant to watch, but in general, unlikely to occur.

IMO Tannehill gets unfairly dissed.  He's not The Man like Mahomes or Allen or Herbert or Burrows, but he won "Comeback Player of the Year" after he moved to Tenn for good reason.  He's a fully capable NFL QB.  He can make his reads and make a decision promptly.  He doesn't  run by preference, but he's more nimble on his feet than he gets credit for.

The Pats offense is just a disorganized mess right now.

9 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I had a dream we did this to Tannehill

I'm pretty sure I would have back spasms after watching that.  That looks like the type of hit Kelly used to take.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Ah, but you highlight a key difference.

The Bills went into LA.  The Rams got to hang their banner and celebrate and they were a little late taking off their "party hats" and getting back into the grind.  

The Titans just had the Giants come to town and sneak past them into the W column.  They may have chalked up a "W" when they saw the schedule, plus, they had to just guess about what the Giants offense would look like, and it appears they guessed wrong.  They were expecting to shut down a pass-dependent offense as Daboll ran in Buffalo and Kafka ran in KC, and were not prepared for the Saquon Barkley show.

Titans got embarrassed at home and have a huge chip on their shoulder right now.

If the Bills take them as seriously as the pressers sound like they're taking them and also have a "chip" about that slip on 4th down last season, the Tuesday game etc etc, we should be OK but if the team has any trouble removing the party hats from LALA land, could be ugly.

I think Beane rebuilt the DL after concluding it was not adequate to either stop the run or pressure the QB, so this will be a great test.

We’re gonna SA-MOKE ‘EM!

20 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

The obsession by some over uniform color combo for any given game is bizarre.  What difference does it make?

Agree 1000% - it's like a cancer diagnosis for some here on TBD. As long as the Bills continue to curb-stomp, who who eff cares?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

16 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

IMO Tannehill gets unfairly dissed

I dunno, I think he is fairly dissed. That performance in the playoffs against Cinci was a complete disaster.

Now, he’s not the worst starting QB in the league but he’s not top 20 either. 

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

LOL I musta blinked and missed the insight, but good on that guy for asking. 

There's apparently a kerfluffle in Tennessee that Donte Hilliard got too many snaps and touches, and Derrick Henry too few.

Henry got 68% of the snaps and 21 touches, to Hilliard's 18% and 6 (2 rush, 4 targets).

Last year Henry averaged close to 30 touches/game (27 rush and 3 pass targets) and played 71% of the snaps, which is probably a bit much, even for Henry.  Previous 2 years it was 22 and 24 touches/game and 64-66% of the snaps. 

My guess would be that the Titans want to return more to 2019/2020 form or a bit less, but if they try that and lose, they'll get scrutiny.

It's notable that when Henry is on the field, in previous years he got the ball close to 60% of the time (58%)

34 minutes ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

Agree 1000% - it's like a cancer diagnosis for some here on TBD. As long as the Bills continue to curb-stomp, who who eff cares?

Am I a bad person for wanting the Bills to have sartorial splendor when curb-stomping?

Only today did I bring myself to look at the highlights from last year's game against the Titans.  Should have been 14-0 from the get-go and then the kick return called back.  Damn.  I want to see the Titans CRUSHED!

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.