Titans Monday Night!

Pete

I think momentum will be a key factor.  If Buffalo is allowed to gain and build it, things will snowball and there will be barely enough of the Titans left to identify with dental records.  This is a team built on emotion.  They are not the quiet, clinical elite teams we tend to see.  These are schoolyard bullies that crush kids in street football.  Allen has brought that mentality to the team, and now Von Miller has become the defense what Allen is to the offense.  These Bills feast on emotion, which is bad news for the Titans as Bills' Mafia will be out in full force for the home opener.

Any chance the Titans have (beyond us killing ourselves) comes down to that momentum.  If I were the Titans, my plan would be to try and slow the game down to a halt and kill the emotion.  Try as best I could to make the game a bland, boring mess.  We saw last week what the Bills can do with an emotional momentum wave.  Despite four turnovers they didn't miss a beat and were relentless.

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, eball said:

That's like bringing a knife to a gunfight.

That's true.  But Tannehill doesn't have to beat Josh Allen in a shootout.  What killed the Bills in the second half last time we played was that the Bills were hyper-focused on limiting Henry and the run game and preventing the deep stuff.  Tannehill kept dinking and dunking in the short/intermediate pass game.  8 yds, 8 yds, 14 yds, 6 yds, 6 yds, 6 yds, right down the field - few 3rd downs and converted those they had.

End result was limiting the time the Bills O was on the field and scoring every time they had the ball in the 2nd half. 

When you're in a hand-to-hand fight, you can undergo "death by 1000 cuts"

14 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

That's true.  But Tannehill doesn't have to beat Josh Allen in a shootout.  What killed the Bills in the second half last time we played was that the Bills were hyper-focused on limiting Henry and the run game and preventing the deep stuff.  Tannehill kept dinking and dunking in the short/intermediate pass game.  8 yds, 8 yds, 14 yds, 6 yds, 6 yds, 6 yds, right down the field - few 3rd downs and converted those they had.

End result was limiting the time the Bills O was on the field and scoring every time they had the ball in the 2nd half. 

When you're in a hand-to-hand fight, you can undergo "death by 1000 cuts"

Bills didn't help themselves with holding penalties by Sanders and Smith taking two touchdowns off the board, resulting instead in just 3 points.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, mjt328 said:

The key to their offense is obviously Derrick Henry... and then the play-action that results from teams selling-out to stop him.  If our D-Line can stop the running game without much help from the linebackers and secondary, we should be in pretty good shape.  Without AJ Brown, there shouldn't be any receiving threats we can't handle.

And I'll mention again that the Titans will be without arguably their two best run blockers from last season, Rodger Saffold and David Quessenberry.

I'm a bit concerned that Oliver and Settle are not practicing but I don't expect we'll see the Titans rushing attack of 2021.

30 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

How effing tone deaf does the person have to be that makes this call. We have one of the best unis in the league and they insist on throwing the worst one out there

I think the all reds are worse but the all blues are almost as bad.

Here is how I would rank them. They should permanently lose looks 5 and 6 on my list and stick with the top 4.

1. All white throwbacks 

2. Blue over white 

3. all white current 

4. white over blue

5. POS looking all blues

6. Even bigger POS looking all reds

I would like to see the blue over white throwbacks brought back. They look awesome as well and its been some time now since they wore them.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I think the all reds are worse but the all blues are almost as bad.

Here is how I would rank them. They should permanently lose looks 5 and 6 on my list and stick with the top 4.

1. All white throwbacks 

2. Blue over white 

3. all white current 

4. white over blue

5. POS looking all blues

6. Even bigger POS looking all reds

I would like to see the blue over white throwbacks brought back. They look awesome as well and its been some time now since they wore them.

All white throwbacks???  That's my least favorite.

Blue over white

All Blue

Those are my top two.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.