Stefon Diggs is better than Cooper Kupp

extrahammer

2 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Cooper Kupp just had the best receiving season in league history. You can like your own players without them having to be the best all the time.

On every talent and skill layer, Diggs is better. The only difference is Kupp was targeted double last year than what he normally is. He won't have that kind of production again. I get it though, shiny new object is shiny...

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

8 hours ago, HamSandwhich said:

Who’d you take over Diggs in the 2nd? That seems a bit nuts.

Devante Adams...Took Gabe few rounds later couldn't have both from ssme team lol. I actually think Davis scores more fantasy points this year. We will see

Edited by ALLEN1QB

13 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

Not taking anything away from Kupp because he's awesome, but the system Cooper's in with Stafford as his QB is absolutely perfect for his skill set.  Hence the production.  

12 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

So I think Cooper Kupp has deserved to be recognised as a top 1/2 receiver in the NFL. I don't believe he is a "product" of the LA system so much but it definitely plays to his strengths. I will say this.... I think Diggs would do better playing Kupp's role in LA than Kupp would do playing Diggs' role here. 

12 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

what is "the system in LA"?

Kupp averaged 1070 per year the last 2 years of Goff, then Stafford came in. 

Diggs has fewer plays designed to get HIM open quickly as a product of bunches and picks and motions and et cetera. Diggs plays a more traditional X role more often than Kupp does. Right on the line, out wide, releasing and running routes. Working against presses and brackets and doubles and buzzes and et cetera. 

Kupp gets a lot of defensive attention, no doubt, but there's more scheming designed to disrupt that attention and get him the ball nonetheless. Methinks the Bills have sought to play it slightly more "straight-up" so that extra attention paid to Diggs opens up other favorable matchups. Or, conversely, a lack of extra coverage attention means Diggs sees the ball, a lot. In theory.

• Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Adams the best route runner in the league.  Evans may not be the best WR on his team.

I disagree. I know I am way off the consensus on Adams but I think he is cllser to the 10th best receiver in the league than the 1st and I think Mike Evans is the most underrated and overlooked receiver in football.

18 hours ago, extrahammer said:

I understand Kupp has the triple crown, but I also think he's a product of the system in LA.

I think on every layer of skill and talent, Diggs is better than him. 😈

#burnitall

I love Diggs! I think he helped propel JA into elite status in the NFL.

BUT......

Diggs in the playoffs was 3 rec/ 60 yds, 0 TDs against the Pats and 3 rec /7 yds 0 TDs against KC

Kupp in the playoffs was 5 rec/ 61 yds 1TD against Arizona, 9 rec/ 183 yds 1 TD against TB, 11 rec/142 and 2 TDs against SF and 8 rec / 92 yards 2 TDs against Cinn in the SB.

Now as I said I'm a big Diggs fan and we could compare the body of work over their careers, but if we go by last years playoffs and if this were an actual debate I would literally destroy you to the point you would walk out the room in tears.

Edited by billsbackto81

He could be, but he may not have more success tonight (don't hate me 😅)

Diggs is going up against Ramsey, while Cupp is going up against Dane Jackson (7th round pick in 2020) & a rookie 1st rounder in Elam.

Or maybe our 6th round rookie Benford Will be paired up against him on occasion... Either way it's a lot of green, young players being asked to go up against the #1 WR in the league last year & a top 10 player in the league (according to players).

According to GMF, when matched up together, Ramsey held Diggs to 2 receptions for 9 yards on 4 targets the last 2 games they went at it (I didn't check to verify though).

So Diggs may be "better" in terms of talent, but Cupp is in the better position to put up numbers.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.