Russell Wilson’s new contract launches him to 2nd most QB guaranteed $

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

Denver is soooo  *****.  All that cap space and all those draft picks gone.   NOT a great time to  be a Broncos fan  thats  for sure.  Them and Cleveland stepped in so much ***** we can smell it here in FL

Denver's only hope is to clean house on the coaching staff (I guess they want to keep the DC tho), and bring in a new HC who has a ton of experience. Only person I can think of is Sean Payton.

The Broncos are stuck with Wilson and that contract for at least 4-6 years. Hackett will NEVER get him right.

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Denver's only hope is to clean house on the coaching staff (I guess they want to keep the DC tho), and bring in a new HC who has a ton of experience. Only person I can think of is Sean Payton.

The Broncos are stuck with Wilson and that contract for at least 4-6 years. Hackett will NEVER get him right.

I think they are beyond saving, No big name will want to touch that franchise

5 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

I think they are beyond saving, No big name will want to touch that franchise

I dont disagree, but...

They have the small benefit of "new owneership". New owner with deep pockets can come in, say evrything is in the past and they are changing the culture, and write a big check to Payton (or the like).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Wilson is washed.  No one is getting him right.  Denver screwed themselves giving him that contract without ever playing a snap for them and they didnt even have to give him that contract.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I though Payton was going to Miami next year with tom brady.

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

Wilson is washed.  No one is getting him right.  Denver screwed themselves giving him that contract without ever playing a snap for them and they didnt even have to give him that contract.

I dont disagree, but it is their only hope. They are stuck with that contract so they have to try something.

1 minute ago, frostbitmic said:

I though Payton was going to Miami next year with tom brady.

Ha! I think that deal is donzo. (Thank you, Bill Belichick!)

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I dont disagree, but...

They have the small benefit of "new owneership". New owner with deep pockets can come in, say evrything is in the past and they are changing the culture, and write a big check to Payton (or the like).

gonna need to be a  really big check lol

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

That was  such n odd move and timing.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Like Lemur offense was tailored for him and Wilson did not understand that.

For all the talk on what his wife wanted, a city better for her career, he went to Denver which is probably worse than Seattle.

And Gino of all players is doing well in his place.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I can’t believe he is this bad. I also think Hackett, nice guy, is an awful head coach. They are trying to make him a pocket passer and that makes him so less dangerous. And his weirdness is off the charts.

And everyone in the media seems so surprised that his awful, which I don't get.  Don't they do ANY homework?  The guy was awful as an OC in Buffalo.  He was so awful in Jacksonville that they cut him loose mid-season.  His offense was good in Green Bay with Aaron Rodgers AND he wasn't the play caller.  What would lead people to believe that this guy would be a good coach.  I get why Denver hired him.  He was Rodgers bait, but it should not be a surprise that he sucks.

• Agree 1

I stated before the season that he was not good last season. I told several people that I would have made the trade if I was the Broncos but only if I did not have to also pay him much guaranteed. He is now mediocre and likely will be the rest of his career.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.