Russell Wilson’s new contract launches him to 2nd most QB guaranteed $

YoloinOhio

On 10/21/2022 at 11:54 AM, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I don’t think Wilson is going to rebound I think he’s done. I mean we all saw how Bledsoe hit the wall/crashed and burned and I think the same thing is happening with Russell. Sean Payton in a interview with Cowherd said he wouldn’t take the denver job if Russell is still the starting QB by the end of this season. Denver is going to be a very unattractive job for any veteran HC or any OC/DC trying to become a HC. And Russell is a big reason for that

Do you have a link for this interview?  Curious minds...

10 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

The Jets defense is legit.  Imagine if Rypien plays better than Wilson has.

I think he will. Rypien is a perfectly adequate limited skills/smart/risk averse QB who gets rid of the ball quickly - think a less accomplished Case Keenum type. Rypien will have a Taylor Heinecke/Bailey Zappe moment on Sunday and Broncos fans will have a collective meltdown.

Wilson has been bad, Hackett has been worse, the entire offense has been putrid. But I really don't get the schadenfreude thing - Wilson committed 100% to Denver, did and said all the right things off the field, and just so happens to suck on it. I get that Seahawks fans turned on him, but it's not like he's trying to suck with the Broncos.

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I think he will. Rypien is a perfectly adequate limited skills/smart/risk averse QB who gets rid of the ball quickly - think a less accomplished Case Keenum type. Rypien will have a Taylor Heinecke/Bailey Zappe moment on Sunday and Broncos fans will have a collective meltdown.

Wilson has been bad, Hackett has been worse, the entire offense has been putrid. But I really don't get the schadenfreude thing - Wilson committed 100% to Denver, did and said all the right things off the field, and just so happens to suck on it. I get that Seahawks fans turned on him, but it's not like he's trying to suck with the Broncos.

"Broncos Country. Let's ride!"

He's a poser. Stolen valour. He's been a Bronco for literally 5 minutes.... Etc. 

He says cheap words but can't play anymore. He can't cover his putrid play by hyping the orange for very long. Let's ride.

Edited by HerdMentality

Apparently Subway not only pulled that ridiculous commercial of his, but also the entire sandwich bwahaha. "Mmm this contract is dangerous" *stares into camera vacantly. Enjoy the contract Russ because I think the endorsements might be slowing down.

Russell Wilson is great at being the weirdest and also the most overrated QB in the league. I thought both titles belonged to Cousins, but nah it's Russ. I honestly think he's just counting his cash and is completely checked out, but I also think there's a high probability that he'd be making Steve Buscemi from Happy Gilmore style kill lists if he wasn't athletic. He's like an android from the future constantly in the process of learning how to be a human. I just can't take anything that he says sincerely and I have to imagine at least a few of his teammates can't either. Great job, Denver! Let's ride into oncoming I-25 traffic while Russ cooks boiled hot dogs and ramen with a lighter.

17 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

This may be one of those arguments about what elite means.

For most, it's top three or four in the league. "Elite by any definition"? Nah. Not by that one.

I don't think Russell Wilson has been elite. Maybe brushing it for a year or three, but not elite. Terrific? Yeah, absolutely. Top eight or so his entire career? I think so, though if someone wanted to argue he was only top 11 or 12 his first year, I wouldn't fight too hard. But not elite.

Oh, and wins are not a QB stat, they are a team stat. That's what the difference between Wilson in Seattle and Wilson in Denver shows, and particularly the difference between Wilson's win percentage in Seattle from 2012 to 2020 vs. Wilson's win percentage in Seattle in 2021, 6-8, when he was playing almost as well as he'd always been.

Well I guess we could all make up our own definition of "elite" to include or exclude anyone we want.  Top 8 over the past 11 years that includes overlap with future HOFers Brady, P Manning, Big Ben, Rodgers, plus Allen, Mahomes, Stafford... but he's not elite?

But going with yours ("most"?, lol), is that top 3 or 4 this seasons?  Currently active?  Of all time?  And top 3-4 at what?  Yards? TDs?  Rating?  

And wins are absolutely a QB stat (and for HCs)---they are the only players who are judged by wins (it's part of their stat line). To say otherwise is to ignore reality. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.